TRANSFORMERS 35TH Anniversary ACTION WILL BEGIN AT THE USA.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by f90happy, Feb 3, 2019.

1. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree that could do it, but think its unlikely they won’t if they have not already

2. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I believe that was for a replica of one of if not the rarest action figures ever made (or not-made as it barely left the prototype stage). They knew it was worth recreating because they knew fans would love to have one even if it was a copy.

Wheeljack and Grimlock are no where near that rare or in demand. You can go on eBay now and probably find a ton of them in good to great condition. I really don't see Hasbro deciding it would be worth the costs to recreate them when they can just as easily spend those funds to make a brand new Wheeljack or Grimlock toy.

• Like Like x 2
  3. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

Interesting. I'm a big fan of the Evergreen Grimlock design, so I'd love to see it done for the Generations market, with some actual articulation and none of the ages-8-and-under chunkitude.
    But odds are this is just a reissue with special packaging.

4. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Putting in another comment for "Please make Gen. style figures of Evergreens".

Siege is wonderful, but I want Earth modes, and I enjoy the modernized designs.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    My gut feeling is that that's what they are.

• Like Like x 2
  6. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Hasbro should agree to license vintage Transformers to Gentle Giant for production as 12 inch figures but only a license for the figures whose original molds were lost and with the provision that any newly developed 3D renders become property of Hasbro for use at smaller scales.

7. Berser Car

Berser Car Cryptid member

Tumblr:
    I, too, would like to see the evergreen designs as figures. My first target would be Barricade, whose evergreen design looks better than what a Prowl repaint I suppose would look.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We Might, be getting these...
    Screenshot_20190204-053718.png

These are fantabulous designs. Especially for Wheeljack:
    524154.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  9. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I get it's annoying seeing people whine about G1 all the time but this argument that Beast Wars figures shelf-warm is a myth which needs to be stopped. The only recent Beast Wars figures that don't seem to have sold well were Universe Cheetor (because it's one of the worst Transformers made in recent years) and potentially Universe Dinobot, simply because the Hasbro colour scheme was a mess (incidentally, the Henkei version sold well and proved to be extremely popular, now going for rather ridiculous prices). Generations Rhinox, Waspinator and Rattrap all seemed to sell quite well.

And if we're talking about the old 10th Anniversary Beast Wars toys, there's a good reason those didn't sell: it had only been ten years since Beast Wars, so most of the fans likely already had the toys and/or weren't in the market to buy the same old toys, either because they didn't have the funds (they would have been young adults at best, teens at worst) or because they wanted new Beast Wars toys, which isn't what they ultimately were given for the 10th Anniversary line (unless you count Transmutate, which required re-buying a bunch of the old toys to build).

Beast Wars figures seem to sell just fine, so let's stop pretending they don't. At the same time, it would be nice if people stopped with the tribalism for once...
    Because one is a popular Star Wars character and the other is a not-as-popular Transformers character. Star Wars is a huge franchise - Transformers, by comparison, is not. Add to the fact that it's unlikely most retailers will want to carry G1 reissues (probably just Walmart, since they're the ones carrying the current reissues), and it's not really surprising that Hasbro doesn't see it as particularly viable. Sure, a G1 Wheeljack reissue would sell, but would it sell well? Probably not enough to justify recasting a mould (arguably more difficult than make a new mould, at least for a Transformer, because of the tweaks that have to be made to accomodate reverse-engineering the mould, assuming they don't have the original assets to just make a new mould from scratch).

• Like Like x 3
  10. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    Who are they going to repaint for “year of the pill bug?”

• Like Like x 2
  11. f90happy

f90happy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

12. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love BW, but at least around here, Rattrap, Waspinator, and Rhinox warmed pegs and shelves like crazy. But so did Tankor and Scoop and Nightbeat and Windblade. But man, I remember going to Walmart and seeing all of the pegs filled with Waspinator and Rattrap at one point.

• Like Like x 5
  13. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except you're comparing ONE figure from a series with an entire subset.
    First - it's not a myth. ALL of the Beast Wars figures ended up hitting clearance, and were available for a quarter to a third of their price over a year later at online stores - I know, as that's when my kids finally watched my BW series on DVD and I went and bought the figures for them.
    As has been said above, they were NOT the only ones - Scoop and Nightbeat were right there with them pegwarming and later even languishing at clearance prices, but again, it was the entire subline and not just the oddball character. Either BW fans didn't put their money where their mouths were, or they're a much smaller fanbase than they think they are. Ironically, the three you specifiy as "sell(ing) quite well" are the three that sat at clearance both in-store and online for an extended period - I don't remember Dinobot shelfwarming, but that could be because it was by itself at the time and not as noticeable as the T30 releases all grouped together.

14. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

Sweet designs.

15. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love to see that - I don't want legend-sized bots to stand next to the other characters solely because they originally came from a smaller-sized line. Love my deluxe-sized CJ, Bumblebee, Warpath.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am completely neutral about BW. If Hasbro made more figures of them, while I wouldn't buy them, I also wouldn't complain at all. However, Rattrap, Waspinator and Rhinox cluttered the pegs in my part of the woods, and many others. Meanwhile, the myth that the current head of toyline hates BW keeps circulating, despite there being no audio or text to back up this supposed 'reason' why they don't keep making BW figures. I imagine this is because some BW fans might not be able to accept that the line just doesn't sell like they want it to.

• Like Like x 2
  17. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly. I have zero qualms with them sprinkling those figures into the line, and hope they continue to do so. The reasoning people keep giving for their not being more has everything to do with sales doesn't even make sense - WHY wouldn't they want to expand the pool of ready-made design ideas they can pull from?

• Like Like x 1
  18. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    i have a theory ive been kicking around. the Beast wars characters are not as popular as the geewun guys because Hasbro NEVER FUCKING USES THEM
    every single media and toyline that has come out since 2007 has had Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Starscream, Soundwave, Grimlock, Rodimus, Wheeljack, Prowl, Sideswipe, Shockwave, and Ultra Magnus. with designs that lean heavily on g1.
    when was the last time you saw a beastie outside of it's ancestral home? Blackarachnia and Waspinator in Animated. Primal in Machinima's Power of the Primes. and that's fucking it.
    if a character doesnt have any media representation it's not going to fucking move product.

• Like Like x 6
  19. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I certainly don't disagree with most of this, but G1 was also the start of it all, back in the 80s when it was truly huge AND when action figures played a much larger role with kids, and to an older age.

• Like Like x 3
  20. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    just because something came first doesn't make it the best.
    I'd much rather drive a Bugatti Veyron than a Model T Ford.

• Like Like x 1