Transformers 3 Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tony_Bacala, Oct 14, 2010.

1. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I dare someone to shout in the middle of the theatre when the movie's playing:

"Wow, this 3D is amazing! It looks like we're actually getting shot at!" - H.M. Murdoch

But seriously. The 3D better rock my 3D socks off. If the 3D can be not-crappy, then I'll be happy. I won't necessarily be seeing it in 3D, but if the 3D (true 3D) is amazing - like Avatar-quality that Bay keeps insisting - then that's just one less thing that critics might critique about the film. :)  Please! I bet that there's a few 'money-shots' that they have of awesome robot action that were made just for the fact that it'd be in 3D. Awesome shots of transforming and fighting and whatnot. Oh, I can't wait to see this movie! :D 

2. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As a devoted A-Team fanatic it's Captain H.M. Murdock, spell it right fool! just kidding. in syndication when I was little in the evening transformers came on then the A-Team, everyday, aahhh to be 7 again.

3. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

That Prime attack sequence is very much abbreviated. I bet it goes on for ages in the actual movie.

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, the effects aren't even finished yet. Look at when Prime slices that guy with his sword - Prime hasn't been completely composited into the shot yet.

5. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

Does anybody else think " Leonidas side on fight scene in 300" watching that Prime assault?

Not that there's anything wrong with that. At all.

6. example

example Well-Known Member

Don't know if this was discussed before but Mr. Bay is using two different angles of the same explosions and stuff as two different moments of Primes' epicness.

7. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    What?! You quit yo' jibba' jabba', fool! ;)  Ah, yes. With a "k". Leave it to me to only pay attention to the character's name when it's misspelt. If I may defend myself: There's a shot during the end credits of the 2010 film (during Corey Burton's narration) that displays Murdock's "rap-sheet", so to speak, and it's spelt "Murdoch". Everywhere else it's spelt properly though, with a "k". Carnahan acknowledges this in the audio commentary though, but still. Like I said, I'm the only dolt on the planet who'd see the misspelt version and think it's correct. :drunk  Please forgive me. :) 

I may not have seen the original television show, but I thoroughly enjoyed Carnahan's film. :D 

8. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    You know the shot of Ironhide ramming the two dreads and a peice of his bumper flys off towards the viewers? And it all happens within the confinements of the screen. Definitely a 3D money shot.

9. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally, I'm still not sold on 3D.

It's very much like when they talked of converting Toy Story 3 to 3D. I just felt, 'if the first 2 worked fine in 2D, why do I need 3D?'

If I can see DoTM in 2D, that's just fine with me. I'm still not getting the feel that Bay's camerawork is going to be enhanced by the 3D effect. I was going over that shot in the Superbowl trailer where Prime plows through half a block taking down Decepticons, and I don't see how 3D would enhance that shot.

10. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    where is the red ferrari and blue mercedes Eistein bot in the trailor? Oh well, probably since they are new characters they will save them for the movie. But even in screencaps they aren't anywhere to be found in the big battle, same goes for the twins and Ironhide who is presumably dead on the floor.

11. Hosta

Hosta Banned

i have to correct something! i said in a previous post that the tentacled thing was about 30 secs in2 the vid! i was wrong!!! it's actually 20 or so...secs into it! + no one has yet been able to answer who that is!

12. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

Well, we wont know until the movie comes out I guess but there is a thread on it.
    Look for the thread entitled "What is that thing crashing" or something like that.
    You'll find plenty of speculation there.

13. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    No, I completely missed that lengthy, slow-motion shot during every one of the 39 times I've watched the spot. :p  </sarcasm> Kidding, friend. :)  But yes, that is probably a 3D money shot. Perfect opportunity with all that debris and whatnot.

I'd be interested in seeing which scenes are in 3D, even though I probably won't be going to see it in 3D. 2D is sufficient for my needs. :) 

14. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    So what I have come up with lately is Optimus shoots Longhaul clone, stabs Sideways c. and slamms him to his right and then finishing by slicing a green brawl in half.

15. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Not to forget that there's already a Brawl on the ground when Optimus lands, so I assume Optimus shot him while in the air. Man I can't wait to see Optimus' killing spree. I hope it'll be as epic as the forest battle in ROTF. :D 

16. ChicageauxTiger

ChicageauxTiger Geaux-Bot

News Credits:
    It's cool to see scenes you actually witnessed live. During the scene with ships hovering over the Chicago River and firing at buildings (0:19-0:21) I was standing (out of frame, obviously) on Michigan Ave, across the street from the Wrigley Building when the pyros started going off on top of the buildings. :cool: 

YouTube - Transformers: Dark of The Moon Super Bowl Trailer (HD)

17. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    I just noticed in the Announcement trailer, that the Apollo Space Ship in the beginning flying towards you, towards the moon, and flying away from the earth the Lander is missing :lol 

18. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    How in the hell did no one catch that???

19. spica

spica Ronnie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    o_O 

What a good sound effect with the siren...

20. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    is it me or does the catalyst sound like a better song for this movie than burning in the skies. after watching the trailer