Transformers 3 speculation concerning GMC bankruptsy...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by webz, Jun 8, 2009.

1. odelay

odelay Downunder-bot

If GMs contract for paying to have their cars in TF is torn up in bankruptcy courts then it will be open to the highest bidder.
    I could see Toyota putting their hand up being the worlds biggest carmaker, VW and Ford are pretty big too and are doing better than others at present.
    Tata maybe? They have cars and Trucks too.

2. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

You're a dirty rotten liar sir. There's no proof of your accusations...

>_>
    <_<

3. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

OH you mean like the Audi R8 ( owned by VW )

That was a rumor created by Bay and Co so that they wouldnt get backlash for Bumblebee being a camaro.

4. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    This is 100% truth.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The F-22 isn't getting grounded but they are stopping new orders on the aircraft. The aircraft was built on the idea that the Soviet Union would still be around and we needed to keep the edge in aircraft. But since the Soviet Union fell and no one else is pushing fighter tech to the edge it's far more aircraft than we need.

The replacement for the F-22 and many of the aging American fighters is the F-35. With three variants of the aircraft there is one to fit the different needs of the Air Force, Navy, and Marines. But even with the variants they still share 80% of the same parts which keeps the maintenance cost of the aircraft to be far lower than other current aircraft.

The F-22 should be flying for decades just not the numbers expected at one point. With the way the military likes to show off it's latest toys I'm kind of surprised we haven't gotten an F-35 in the movies, I mean the F-35 with it's short-takeoff and vertical-landing system would make a perfect movie Thrust.

6. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

From what I could understand, the F22 will still be produced but no where near the level previously thought. The F22 is better than it needs to be, so thus the need for the F35 is nonexistent. I think I remember reading that the F35 is getting dumped altogether.

Edit - 2005 Staff

7. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  8. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Toyota isn't #1, that would be VW. It was recently announced that with the "death" of GMC, the VW Group is now the international powerhouse car manufacturer, owning VW, Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley, etc. It's even now larger in sales volume than Toyota (even tho Toyota makes more cars, VW has a greater turn around).

Um... I don't know why my post was edited, since I was making economic discussions, nothing political. I read over my comments before posting and there was nothing political about it, just the facts of the GMC bankruptcy. Oh well... Again... Thread closed.

THREAD CLOSED! THREAD CLOSED! THREAD CLOSED! THREAD CLOSED! THREAD CLOSED! THREAD CLOSED! THREAD CLOSED! THREAD CLOSED! THREAD CLOSED!

9. Ash from Carolina

I'll have to do a little digging on that one for you. With the way priorities are getting shifting around in the Defense Department you almost have to check on a weekly level just to keep track of which way the budget is going on different projects so you could be right.

10. Ash from Carolina

Okay did a bit of digging around and looks like the US is still committed to 2,443 of the F-35s while they plan on halting the F-22 at 183 units. Japan wants to buy the F-22 for their defense forces but the US is currently attempting to get the Japanese to go with the F-35 instead.

Not sure how many F-35s the US allies are looking to buy since that would require me to do a lot more digging.

11. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Last thing I read on this is that the F-22 situation is still under review? Wouldn't surprise me if they ended up still creating hundreds of Raptors.

12. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

First movie's not even out yet. Slow your role, sporto.

13. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Audi will probably chip in, seen as they have the R8 in ROTF....

14. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Might wanna re-write that...

15. odelay

odelay Downunder-bot

I'm confused by how making the most cars wouldn't make a company the biggest car maker? You must measure this differently to the way most major news agencies have. There are predictions that VW could be number one by years end but Toyota was the biggest last year overtaking GM for the first time in decades.
    Below are the figures for 2008, Toyota is waaay ahead.
    Toyota: 8.97m
    GM: 8.35m
    VW: 6.3m
    Ford: 5.5m
    BBC NEWS | Business | The global car industry in crisis

That said I would much rather see VW get the TF3 gig over Toyota as the cars would be heaps more interesting from the VW stable..... we could get a 'proper' Sideswipe, Breakdown, Deadend, Sunstreaker, Bumblebee and Jazz (ok, maybe not Jazz) just off the top of my head.
    And this for Prime....
    Volkswagen Trucks and Buses

Volkswagen also have a neat looking ute coming out soon which would make a great ironhide or ratchet.

16. Ash from Carolina

Yea I wouldn't be totally shocked if they didn't decide to go with more of the F-22s in the end. With nothing set in stone yet about which way the military will go on spending and our Japanese allies wanting to purchase the aircraft it's still far from dead and wouldn't be hard to put back in production since it's already passed all the test needed to be combat ready.

Given the expected service life of the aircraft it's not a bad deal once you get over the sticker cost of the new aircraft.

17. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

That doesnt make any sense. What is wrong with war toys?

18. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Volkswagen, like other companies in Germany during World War II, was directed to refocus its manufacturing towards the war effort. So the Nazis could commit genocide and take over the world.

It's something VW would want no part of nowadays.

19. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I think is kinda of a dumb reason. They still make weapons these days (Leopard 2 tanks and others). So why not make some toys? I don´t think kids or colectors will care if the car is VW or some other german brand or what VW did in it´s past. Heck, I have tons of WWII german colection tanks of my room.

20. Matterzero

Matterzero Well-Known Member

GM will still be around they just have to restructure in order to stay around, they keep the Chevy, and GM, brand, Ratchet's H2 isn't going any where and there are still commercials for the new Camero. In fact the only Autobots alt mode we know that isnt going to be around is the Topkick. So IF they change anyone's alt mode it would be Ironhide, and that is a very big if.