Transformers 3 Screenplay Leaked? - UPDATE: Confirmed FAKE

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheBigBad, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luxor

Luxor Office Ninja

bullshit, but whoever took the time to make it I tip my hat to thee

2. Rorza

Rorza Rocket-cycle Racer

Honestly I'll be pissed if Mudflap and Skids aren't in TF3. I mean, they'll likely be pushed to the background so Bumblebee and Sam can hang out with the new toys- I mean, characters. But they better get at least ONE scene in TF3.

3. the unacronner

the unacronner Well-Known Member

the only way I want to see those two in tf3 is if they are being killed painfully by a decepticon... I would rather have another blackout clone than those two buttplugs

4. jettyfire

jettyfire Jigoku Shoujo

I read it and it is way out there...it sounds like fan fiction. And traveling back in time IDK The ending needs more work... wait everything needs more work, but it is still early things can change hopefully.

5. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

It had me right up until the time-travel...then I lost interest...FAST.

Too bad, there are some good elements in there, and I'd like to see something worthwhile, as RotF was a steaming pile of crap in my own personal opinion and I won't go see another Transformers film unless there's a massive improvement over Michael Bay's juvenile sense of humour.

Does seem like someone put a lot of time and effort into the treatment though - even if it is fake - so hats off for making an effort.

6. Smeg

Smeg Well-Known Member

Reads like terrible fanfic. In other words, it's probably legit :p 

7. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    Ha ha "Superion! Do your thing!"

Although, I like Wheeljack being a 69 shelby mustang.

8. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

ive read the first 5 or so pages. my inner g1 fan boy is jumping with joy. by reading this, it soulds like they are gearing up for a huge ending. almost like the beginning of return of the jedi. and by the sound of the names: "breakdown", "silverbolt", and "onslaught", it sounds like we will be getting the epic combiner throwdown i was hoping so much for :D 

9. Lio Convoy75

Lio Convoy75 Well-Known Member

Sorry to tell all of you guys, but since I've been working in the industry since 1992, I can spot a fake script a mile away, and this one is fake.

I've read about 1/2 of the script, and there's too much description in a lot of it which steps on the Director's toes. There's descriptive, then there's stepping on creativity. This one steps on creativity by describing things which are the Director's call. It does it a lot.

There's also too much continuity taken from G1 cartoons and Transformers The Movie in here and too much screen time dedicated to the Transformers themselves, which wouldn't allow enough render time for the CG models, and does not fit in with the "feel" of the other 2 movies, which will be inisted upon. The large scale feel of both movies has been removed from this script, and it feels like a cartoon or TV show - small scale sets.

From my 17 years experience, I can 100% confirm that this script IS fake, and nothing more than a fanboy's dream. I'll let you guys hash it out amongst yourselves, but if you want to take it from a professional Producer, I can tell you it's fake. It's got some decent fanboy writing, but in the end, that's what it comes down to. It screams fanboy.

One large indication about fanboy writing is page 39.

Christopher Collins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10. VokVisitor

VokVisitor Artist

This is beyond fake. Here's how I know:

1. Style. This doesn't open with a monologue from Prime. It sounds kinda nitpicky, but the films have established a pattern where they begin with a lengthy monologue from optimus in which he retcons some important information about the transformers mythos. If the script starts with action (that is lame action, btw) and prime's intro amounts to "we're here, we're cars, get used to it," I'm going to doubt it quite strongly.

2. Spelling and grammar mistakes. Even on the first page, "in plain site" should be "in plain sight." The grammar of this supposedly "professional" script treatment is pretty awful. It makes me think it was written by a fan, and not a professional screenwriter with a degree in screenwriting from the NYU Tisch School of Arts (which, btw, is my current school). For this reason and more, I know a screenwriter didn't write this.

3. storytelling and content. I find it really hard to believe that they'd make Sam a physicist of any kind. What are these kids doing in a laboratory? Now, we never did find out what Sam was going to college FOR, and he certainly do well in his atrophysics class thanks to getting zapped by the fragment. The dialogue is definitely contrived. The sheer amount of new characters makes me see this as a fan-wank, especially since none of the chracters are actually *introduced* as they appear on screen. There isn't much discussion of the events that have transpired since the end of RotF, or how characters got to where they are now, and details that were set up for at the end of RotF, like the "hatchlings" in the Nemesis. The Ark appearing is not a good idea, and I doubt that they're really ever going to give bumblebee his voice back. It all seems to not be set in the same continuity as the previous two films. It doesn't have that vibe.

I don't feel compelled to list more reasons, definitely fake.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  11. grif915

grif915 Nerd

I just finished reading it and i gotta say, though it's prolly fake the idea is still pretty cool.

12. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    read a bit into it and yeah its probably fake, but if it is Bay and Hasbro need to yank it, fix errors, fix continuity issues and use it. seems so much better than the previous two. kinda has a after All Hail Megatron vibe too with the humans being suspicious of all transformers.

13. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i really really hope that's not real. very poorly written, and i am totally disinterested.

14. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Please.... I'm looking forward to another film full of mediocre dialog, nauseating action, and quasi-racist characters... not this dung heap of a fake script. Time traveling to 1982 is completely idiotic. The one thing I do agree with Bay in ROTF is the great potential setup for a huge war on earth, since there are scores of Transformers hidden on earth... That would be cool.

15. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

ok... i just finished the whole thing. and quite honestly, it seems like they just threw out the plot of the first 2 movies. *minus the allspark and the sun harvester* it just sounds like they started over. they turned the already heavily established movie universe into a tie in to g1. what, with vector sigma, back in time in the 80s, a new cybertron on mars??

no mention of the fallen or sideswipe or arcee or any of the new bots. like i said, its feels like they just threw out everything in favor of a start over. feels like a bad case of all hail megatron-idus.

PLEASE. let this be a fake. :( 

16. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  17. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I stopped taking this seriously when I read that Sam and Leo were interns working on the giant hadron collider. :redface2: 
    I stopped reading when about the time they were all aboard the Ark in space. *Yawn* Wow...Nearly put me to sleep.

I didn't even get to the time travel part people are talking about. But that instantly makes me think this is a fake. Time travel?...Really? No. I just can't see that happening.

18. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now granted I only skimmed the thing, but I didn't see any Bumblebee in it. A fan favorite character I thought would be in there more. I read the ending and it seems too abrupt for me. The placement of the screenplay and format makes it seem legit. Sometimes fake scripts are "leaked" from the actual movie studio to throw off people. I'm still 50/50 on this one for some strange reason.

19. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

not very good..kinda lame....it needs better characters....too G1ish..hope its fake

20. DevilGalvatron

DevilGalvatron Purple planet popper

Lots of fun!!! It would be nice to hit this part of the fanbase again! Too bad...it's not real. There's none of the lowbrow humor that is characteristic of the actual movies. It would be great to just pave over TF2 though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.