Transformers 3 Screenplay Leaked? - UPDATE: Confirmed FAKE

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheBigBad, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

OK, fine, rumor. It was a rumor up until the point where it had been dismissed up and down by the people actually making the movies. That, coupled with a script that reads like a whiny Geewunner's wet dream, should have been enough to remove the 'newsworthiness' of the post from the front page.

2. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I haven't read through the whole thing yet, but I'm liking it so far

3. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Oh yeah, so fake. Why would we suddenly need a time travel story? Why would it have to so blatently become G1? I mean, Starscream become an F-15 that is red and blue...why? Why does Megatron suddenly feel the need to hide? I mean, I know these guys are pretty mediocure storytellers but lets give them a LITTLE credit.

4. arrynyo

arrynyo Member

yeah i read it word for word and it sounds way too good to be true. but honestly, if it (the actual movie) is even remotely close to what this says, it would make for an entertaining and funny movie. but key things, and people were left out. i know for a FACT they wouldnt do the movie without Sams Mom and Dad showing up anywhere. and also they would have to include the other autobots from the other movie, jolt, sideswipe, arcee twins and the like and also they dont have epps and the other guy i forgot his name in the movie they would HAVE to be in there but all in all it was a good read.

5. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    well. it was interesting. movie or not, it was interesting. just like the previous "leaked" script from ROTF. what i DID like was the conceptual re-imagining, and many of the references to 80's pop-culture, and the acknowledgment of the roots of TF.

i did not really like perceptor's characterization. seemed off to me. Wheeljack was great, mirage deciding on the Formula 1, but conceding a compromise with holo projectors. also good.

the disappearing trailer gag was fun.

i liked the homages all in all, but i was surprised to see combiners. with the treatment of Devs, i am fairly certain that combiners just won't be playing a major role in the movie-verse. maybe not. would be cool.... but of course that means the primary characters in this film would have to be the individual combiners... does explain the lack of mudflap, skids, sideswipe, etc. ALSO.... probably the only way to sell more toys will be to reformat their appearances to match another time period (and i'm a sucker.. i'd buy that shit up).

in general it was fun to read, in spite of itself.

also, if this WAS real, it DOES mean one very (and in my opinion the MOST) important thing:

JAZZ COULD BE ALIVE IN THE ALTERNATE FUTURE!!!!

-A.S.

6. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    It started off promising but the further I read, the worse it gets with Starscream's dialogue in particular being stilted, unnatural, and all around cringe-worthy.

As for the plot itself, there's no reason to do such a full-on reboot to G1. Hasbro wouldn't demand it even if they wanted to make the movie universe more kid friendly (that is, encourage Bay to scale back on the sexual and drug-related humor) since it would tamper with an overall formula that has already proven monetarily successful (and simply setting the movie closer to its G1 roots wouldn't automatically result in a positive critical reception either).

That aside, the quality of the writing smacks of fan-fiction. Mind you, it's not the worst I've ever read, but it's far, FAR, from the best and I would expect more original ideas from a movie than a MTMTE/TFTM '86 mash up. Total fake.

7. sideswipe45

sideswipe45 AUTOBOT

obivously this is fake guys lets be the smart ones and not believe this BS, it doesn't even follow the first 2 movies how possibly could this be real.

8. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    nelson said it's fake

9. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    oh yea it is.. come on going back to 1982 so i like it, but my friend shadow on bays site is story is way better. i was like oh goodie were going back to G1

10. TheBigBad

TheBigBad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nelson

The problem with Bay's site is that they've always said everything is fake, even the real stuff, so who the hell really knows. Michael Bay and his production team have HUGE credibility issues when it comes to things like this. I'll believe it's fake when Michael Bay says it's fake. I mean who is that Nelson guy anyway? Does he even work for Bay? Or he just some self appointed BayFanNazi who rules those boards with an iron fist... Saying to himself....

(In Conan O'Brien's Nerd Voice)
    "The script cannot possibly be real... my master would never make such a mistake!"

Besides, have you done a google search on it lately, ALOT of sites are reporting this as legit news, so I think tfw is just fine in that respect.

11. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i agree with myth
    this script is really poor writing. someone like this wouldn't be getting paid big huge bucks to write a script for a $200 million movie that they're hoping will make them a shitpile of money.

12. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got through about 10-odd pages... enough for the warp.

And at that point - ANY credibility it had went out the airlock for me.

As for spelling errors - yeah, esp on a draft. Though really, this late in the game - I'd have expected a 2nd or third draft - with some of those basic ones (brake for break) having been caught & corrected.

13. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    TFW isn't the only site trying to get hits by reporting ANYTHING that could be news. Why do you think that hoaxes are started so easily?

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The best part is with so much robot presence, you'd think the budget to this movie would be 700 millions or something.

15. TheBigBad

TheBigBad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually the current toy is called "Brakedown" last time I checked, something to do with licensing I thought?

HASBRO - TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE - Scout Class: BRAKEDOWN

The other mistakes were annoying, but I do think overall story outweighs spelling at this point in the game.

16. DECEPTI CREEP

DECEPTI CREEP Active Member

Sucks. Spike, every G1 character possible, time travel, Megatron killed by Starscream, the Ark, etc etc. Horrible. If this is Bay's misinformation campaign he better step it up. Because this is a train wreck.

17. Cth

Cth Cthulhu

News Credits:
    Not to mention, all the alt-forms they'd have to find/create.

Part of the reason TF1/2 were able to be made the way they were, was because of the deals they had with the military and vehicle companies.

And it's not like they only need one of each type. Gotta have some for blowing stuff up, getting scratched, etc.

Not to mention the CGI alone would take longer than the timeframe for the next film that's been given.

18. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    All in all, I thought the idea (framework) of the story was clever, and I did not hate the time travel aspect. In fact, I think it would be fun to relive the All Spark search, destroying the Sun Harvestor, etc. That would be pretty fun. I also really liked the inclusion of a deeper back story to "Sam's Destiny" and the events leading up to it such as Archibold Witwicky's "accidental" discovery. And, to be honest, the Knight Rider bit was pretty cool. ;-)

But I did not like the idea of reformatting for 1982. Yuck. I apologize to those who are die-hard G1 fans, but movie-verse Prime is a GORGEOUS truck. Beautiful colors, chrome everywhere, etc. It gives him more of an edgy character that was evident in ROTF, hence the body count he racked up. Bringing Prime into the movie as a snub nose with a holographic trailer (although a clever explanation to disappearing/reappearing trailer) would be way out of place, and frankly, quite boring.

Maybe they could still incorporate a time travel aspect, but not that far back in time. Maybe this time, they could travel back to right before, or during the first movie, which would give a credible reason as to why there were repeat characters with no names in a movie "because the CGI model is already built", a la Bonecrusher and Blackout.

Plus, I absolutely despise the idea of the Ark and spaceships. Stupid.

To me, do I think this is fake? Um, yes and no. I believe it is fake based on its clear agenda to incorporate G1 into even the aesthetics of the picture. Also, the re-use of "Ravage" is a clear indicator of a fan wanting more from their favorite cat to the point of complete disregard for ROTF Ravage's fate. However, the backbone of the story is not all that farfetched. Hell, it would give reason to even bring Jetfire back. I think that with some overhaul, this basic story structure would be a fun romp through this universe once again. True, the script needs to be pepped up, and Leo needs to be dead, but I really think that this could work on some level.

19. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    It was an amusing piece of fanfiction, at the most. It would undoubtedly be terrible as the actual third movie, though. Sorry, but it was way too Geewun. Don't get me wrong, I respect G1 just as much as the next guy. But, there's a limit. And this script went way beyond it.

The flaws of the movieverse can't be patched up by simply slathering the third movie with a ridiculous amount of fan service and G1 references.

20. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

OMG I hope this is not the real treatment. I fell asleep at my desk after 2 min of reading this crap. If this is real, is it actually possible that this could be worse than ROTF?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.