Transformers 3 Movie News

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheLastPrime, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Matt-o-matic

Matt-o-matic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not the idea of robots disguising themselves that I have a problem with, it's just them being mechanical and disguising themselves as something non-mechanical or by non-mechanical means kind of defeats the point for me. They're not magical things that can do anything they want, they can only do what is governed by the parameters of wha they are: machines. The pretenders were introduced into the toyline to compete with other action figure lines as far as I remember, and seem to be remembered more fondly than they were actually enjoyed at the time. But as a concept they make very little sense. And as much as I loved the story-telling and characters of the Beast era, I really didn't get how the organic bits hanging off of robot frame would really work in the real world.

I mean could a transformer diguise itself as a chocolate bar if necessary? Would it then actaully have the appearance, consistancy, feel, smell and taste of a chocolate bar, or would it actaully just be metal and look like chocolate? That's what I mean about it. We're already suspending our belief, we don't want to have to suspend too much belief within that already suspended belief otherwise it just gets ridiculous.

If they started dresssing up in wigs and false moustaches and costumes, they'd technically be in disguise but it's not really what Transformers is about...

2. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Oh, ok. That makes a little more sense. I misread your post. Thought you were having issues with the "disguise" aspect of it, not the "organic-ness".

Well, to me there's no contradiction in non-organic machines disguising themselves by mimicking organic tissue. And that's all they're doing, mimicking it (not counting the anomalous technorganic nature of the Beast Machines Maximals).

This was brought up in one of the Q&A's in regards to how they can always be shiny and clean, with things like rubber tires and whatnot when in vehicle mode, even when busted up and nasty while in Robot mode.

They, in reality, aren't cars or trucks or monkeys when they transform. They may look like cars, they may roll like trucks, they may even smell like monkeys, but it's all hyper-advanced smoke and mirrors.

It's really not all that hard to make fake organic things like skin, or hair, or scales, or whatever. Hell, we can do that, so it's not unimaginable to suggest that an advanced alien race of machines could do it, and do it better than we can.

If they can fake things like rubber, ceramic, and plastic parts for vehicle alt. modes, then it's really not a stretch to imagine they can fake fur or nails for organic alt. modes.

3. Matt-o-matic

News Credits:
    I guess that's the best way of looking at it, it's just a shame that when they turn into cars and jets and things, parts of that disguise become part of the robot form, but when they disguise themselves as human, the parts seem to vanish. Which I suppose could mean that Transformers and 'Pretenders' are almost different things, but I guess it's that slight lack of stylistic inconsistency that doesn't sit comfortably with me. Not that stylistic inconsistency's anything new. Of course I know where the real reasons for this lay - the Alice robot would've looked ridiculous with bits of Isabel Lucas Hanging off her! lol

4. TranstechCat

Not to mention disturbing. That tongue was bad enough. :lol 

5. Matt-o-matic

News Credits:
    I'm sure there are niche sites...

6. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    TheLastPrime, can you tell us a little more about the Decepticon that tips over the office building that Sam and Carly are in? I heard a rumour that it was a huge Decepticon, that was like a "giant drill", and I knew you said that it was on some gigantic moving platform... can you explain this Decepticon to me a bit more? It sounds wicked cool.

7. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    It was probably the large combiner whose leg I posted a while ago.

8. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

I don't think thelastprime is associated with the movie -_-'. Why would you post like you know everything, in reality you don't :(  . After reading the until this last post I posted until this page and that's what I think.

You haven't answered over 75% questions in this thread, so what is the point of this topic, basically its trolling, in the most respectful way I can say it.

9. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    TLP never said he knew everything. It's not trolling... he's even made it clear that the tidbits he's given are what he's given. Do you expect him to make an IDK post for every question asked in this thread?

Just because your question didn't get answered doesn't mean someone is trolling.

10. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    uh, I dont even think Michael Bay could answer ALL the questions people are asking. Nelson we know is now reading the boards, so if thelastprime does indeed work on the set or have some relation, then his job could be in danger if he says how he knows.

The point is he's letting people who are interested in this stuff some info, and its up to your discretion to choose to pay attention or not. It's only trolling if you choose to respond like that...

11. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

Well to the both of you I consider it trolling, he has absolutely no proof or demonstrated that he/she "works with Michael Bay". So until then it could be false lies or as I stated trolling. He/she also should of gave a general area of what he knows and not, so we wouldn't have 42 page thread of people asking the basic question he didn't answer over and over again.

I'm not bashing I'm just being realistic, no need too try and change my opinion. Also, I'm not angry he didn't answer my question, I can wait til
    July 2011

12. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Yeah but trolls try to start flame wars or get attention. If he was doing that, HE WOULD have answered alot more of those questions, and he would have been alot more active in this thread. Plus he gave some info weeks before it happened that did come to pass, so if that's your defintion of trolling, cool... It just doesn't match up with the commonly accepted use of the word.

13. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's possible TLP is the kid of someone who works on the movie and sees parts of the script as they float across mom or dad's desk. I'm not saying that to be mean, but has the TLP ever said that he works with the movie "directly"

Again, not saying it to be rude, just that its a possibility as to why so many things are unknown. Nelson, who works directly with Bay/the movie seems to know a lot more.

14. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TLP: ohh guys the shooting is going great. i found out so much more on the set today!

TFW2005 user: okay, you wanna tell us maybe?

TLP: OHH man wait to you see who the firetruck and the Ferrari is...you'll be blown away. i was shocked when i found out!!

TFW2005 user: okay, soo who are they, and what is the plot?

TLP: WHHAAAOOO, i know so much, but wow, wait till you guys find out who else is in the movie..

TFW20005 user: umm. okay then...

this can go on forever. I don't believe it until we get hard proof

15. chojin998

chojin998 Well-Known Member

Nelson is a direct Bay employee... he surely knows a lot more but he follows Bay orders everytime, otherwise he would just get fired immediately and that's for sure. So what Nelson tells is what Michael Bay ordered him to tell people, he is just doing his job, he is not just some guy on the street nor a friend.. what he does is called viral marketing for a reason, his job is to look friendly to the general public and gain people's trust.. but what he says is more false than true. He is not releasing any real spoiler that Bay,Spielberg and Paramount didn't decide to let the world know.

16. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never claimed Nelson wasn't working directly for Bay. I am simply saying that whether what Nelson releases is what Bay tells him to or not, it is still more that TLP does.

17. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OR, how about Nelson knowing what is going around because he works closely with Bay, and he asks if he can say the following posted on the site. It may not always be a direct command from Bay.

18. TranstechCat

Thank you!

My feelings on the matter exactly.

TLP isn't answering any questions, and the "awesome insider info" he has given is either EXTREMELY vague and/or pointless...

"There's a trailer! ZOMG!"

"The Twins are back!!!1!"

"Some cars flip over! :bay "

:rolleyes2 

Please... let this thread die the death it deserves.

19. Sidewave

Sidewave Autobot

News Credits:
    Wow people are ungrateful, the guy's doing us a favor and everyone starts calling him a troll. Sure he might not be able to provide us with tons of info and that's ok with me. He's kind enough to share info he knows and if he doesn't post for a month I'm fine with that. Shows how greedy people can be, the guy gives us some info and all of the sudden that's not good enough we need the whole friggin script.

20. TheLastPrime

TheLastPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I am not a KID.......And Im not looking at Daddy's desk lol........Guys I wont be answering anymore questions until stuff I said has been proven or disproven, but remember I said alot of things already that have been right, Ive also from what I understand have been wrong also about a thing or two