Transformers 3 movie details (possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by mordecai6, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Bay said Megatron wouldn't return for ROTF. Megatron is a fan favorite.
    Plus the massive backlash could cause TF3 to get more attention and he could say he's lying and have that be the lie to where we go see the movie and Shockwave's in it and no one knew about it.

What the heck did I just say ?:confused2 

2. TrentGgrims

TrentGgrims Member

Everybodys been talking about a space race. What is that?

3. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

A little off-topic, here's some movie Shockwave fanart that everyone should see.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. starkiller80

starkiller80 I'm a Ghostbuster

I haven't read the original comics in a looong time... But, in that continuity, wasn't Shockwave one of the first Transformers to come to Earth... in prehistoric times... with the Dinobots?

Not thrilled or disappointed about the 3D thing. I have yet to see a 3D movie that was truly impressive. If I'm to pay extra for 3D, I don't want simple depth to the picture (like all the 3D movies out there), I want to duck and dodge s**t that is flying off the screen towards me.

Space Race thing sounds cool...

I'm cautiously optimistic... I'm like most of what we're hearing right now. However, I liked everything we heard leading up to RotF too, but the more I saw it the less I liked it.

I really dig that fan art a few pages back. The full-bodied purple robot mode Shockwave. Bad-ass!!! Take note Bay!

6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the old Marvel comic, Shockwave followed the Autobots and Decepticons to Earth, got messed up flying through the atmosphere, Teletraan-1 (still slightly operational) activated the Dinobots to go fight him, and they all ended up in an area that was already well on its way to being retconned out of their universe by writers who realized that giant alien robots fighting a civil war with weapons that can BLOW HOLES IN MOUNTAINS probably shouldn't be running into Spider-Man. Or anyone else.

On a semi-related note, were you aware that in the comics Bumblebee was a short, insecure "little brother" type? And that Optimus Prime would rather die than rip faces off of video game characters? Michael Bay wasn't/didn't care.

Moral: Not only does Shockwave=/=Dinobots, Shockwave=/=necessarily anything we have ever seen/known/imagined about Shockwave.

Yes.

7. starkiller80

starkiller80 I'm a Ghostbuster

Ah, thanks! I knew there was some corilation between Shockwave and the Dinobots in the Marvel comic.

I hesitate to say this (given Bay's track record), but I think I would like to see Dinobots in the movie-verse...

8. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    Shockwave is the villain! Pretty cool. Somehow were going to see cybertron on this one especially if theyre going to film and/or incorporate this in 3D. I wonder who they're going to add next to the Autobots side Ultra Magnus... maybe

9. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rodimus Prime..

Voiced by Peter Weller :D 

10. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh come on. Bay's lying about Megatron was a (literal, and funny) joke. He put Megatron IN THE TRAILERS and still denied it.

Besides which, claiming that a character who died in the first movie will not return is a damn sight different from pulling a name out of the comics/cartoon for an article in the most widely read newspaper in the US (by which I mean, he is not talking to fans in a forum to fans, he's plugging his movie to everyone).

I also can't imagine the positive results of a fan backlash as some sort of (unnecessary) publicity stunt, as it's not a particularly interesting story if you aren't already a TF fan.

11. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I see your point :eek: 

12. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

I'm ecastic over this bit of news. I love Shockwave and think he'll be awesome as the main villain. Here's to hoping that Bay does him justice.

13. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

If true it should be interesting to see how Shockwave turns out. That and I could always use another Decepticon in the toy ranks.

14. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    if shockwave is the main villian makes me think megatron won't be in the movie or will he..
    figsdad peter weller isn't voicing rodimus