Transformers 3 Autobot Bumblebee Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, May 7, 2010.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

You mean the competent soldier that can actually..dunno fight, as oposed to original useless VW Bumbblebee?

2. OVR_RUN

OVR_RUN Jazz Meister

News Credits:
    there are a couple things that are not functional like, the rear brake ducts are non-functional and the rear spoiler is merely for show and would not create the need down-force for the rear wheels to get grip if it was going fast enough.

with BB they are using an SS camaro as a starting point, you can tell just by the headlights as they have the "angel eyes/Halo" rings around the headlight area, so right there this car has atleast 450-500 HP to where the European Focus RS is rated at 305 HP, grant-it the focus is a lighter car
    than the Camaro. the only reason why Bay is not using the RS is because it is only for the European Market and would cost a bundle to import the car to the states only for a few months, and that is also for any European car that is not already shipped for the US market.

all though the RS is a far better Focus then our State version of the Focus. Now there have been hints that we might see a similar version to the RS with this next generation of Focus' since they are now using the same platform and model design as the Europeans Focus.

Back to Bee, the other change that no one has mentioned is that upper grill has change from one horizontal center bar to a double horizontal bar that goes over the inner turn signals that are next to the headlights. As well as the most obvious is the hood, there are no hood scoops in this one at all. here they are using the cowl hood, which is designed to extract heat from the engine through the back of the hood which is that opening right in front of the windshield.
    Other than that i think this is a nice upgrade to the 3 movie bee, now the comment about rice, the main definition of rice in the auto-motive world is "Parts that are added to any vehicle that have no adverse affect to improve horse power and are only for aesthetic appearances." or in other words, All Show and No Go. So here yes technically Bee has been "Riced out" but this is very border line for me except the carbon fiber side mirrors, those need to go, but the rest of the cars parts give off this Trams-Am series feel to the car, which for me gives this aggressive look and stance to the car.

3. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Bleugh?

4. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Guess what? I just did.

5. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Stripes are too far apart in the front.

Oh, and it's also an ugly car.

6. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, I prefer the ROTF Bumblebee over this. But whatever...

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beautiful car, shame I'll never have the cash for a non-toy lol

8. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Looks good.

Anyone else notice Skids and Jolt in the background on that collage photo? That's two characters confirmed then for TF3 if we didn't have them already.

9. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    While I think the update on BB is pretty cool, why is MF dressed like a whore for whatever scene they are shooting? Or is it just how she dresses normally?

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Malibu Stacy got a new hat!

I'm still perfectly happy with the Bumblebee I got during the first film. Just a pity this'll probably clog pegs in stores like other Bumblebees did for ROTF here.

I suppose it's the best balance Hasbro and the film makers can strike for the movie trying to make it something new while not making it overly different.

11. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I quite like the new design. What really surprised me was how different the original Bumblebee in TF2007 looked compared to ROTF; I always thought they were near identical! Figures how poor my observational skills are.

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    man that is such a beautiful car, anyone who doesn't like the camaro just don't got any taste

i would get rid of the spoiler, it sort of ruins the flow of the body, but BOY does that new camaro look even more badass....i swear the camaro is one of the most beautiful cars on the road, even today seeing one makes me turn my head and drool over it

13. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Aside from the spoiler I don´t see why you can call it ugly. Beats some of the eurotrash I see on the roads everyday.

14. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    The movie has a much darker tone.
    [​IMG]

Is it me or does Bumblebee look a little bigger in the back area? (No big butt jokes) A little extra mass for a different bot mode maybe? :D 

15. guard convoy

News Credits:
    it is insane how it can be possible that people hate this car, well i guess they must be the people that buy the ugly 2010 mustang (i swear they need to redesign the frickin mustang big time, it has gotten stale over 5 years)

16. guard convoy

News Credits:
    and i will never be able to unsee this THANKS ALOT haha

17. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I hear you on that one. I don't understand what the hell they're doing. I was kind of mad when they switched them the first time, b/c I was just fine with the car they used in the first film, then it was the Z28, but now this? Like, what, Sam gets bored with his alt mode, and then tells him to scan another Camaro? Come on now.

I mean, the car itself is really, really nice, and I wouldn't think twice about taking that thing for a spin, but for the love of Primus, stop changing his alt modes for the movie! What ever happened to continuity? They never did explain in-script why he changed from the first movie, and my money's betting they won't here either.

18. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    By "big butt jokes", you mean like "He's got a little junk in the trunk"? :dunce 

I'm with you though, that one pic does make the rear of the car look a bit more...hefty.

19. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Check out this article from SciFi Wire:

Transformers 3's Optimus, Bumblebee getting makeovers | SCI FI Wire

In the article, animation supervisor Scott Benza stated:

Looks like these pics are solid proof of the new, "matured" Bumblebee that Benza mentions! :thumbs2: 

I just hope that in TF3, he can finally talk with his own voice instead of using his radio in light of his "matured" look! :inquisiti 

20. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

And I just googled it on the internet and car and driver gave the stats and it's not as fast as the Camaro. :p 

I like the new Bee.