Transformers (2019-) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Issy543, Mar 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jame5y

jame5y Till All Are One..In the UK Thread

This panel is a high point

3C58B7CD-ADED-4C83-9946-F18D99991F6A.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    In bad artwork? How can any decent artist look at this and think it’s a completed image?

• Like Like x 3
  3. kmc

kmc Well-Known Member

Maybe he's using a free version of Photoshop in which the canvas can't be zoomed to draw face.

4. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That doesn't exist. Free Photoshop is full Photoshop but on a limited trial time. And zooming is a basic function of every image editor.
    It's more likely that the artist doesn't have the skills or just doesn't care about this assignment because of not being payed enough or not having enough time.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  5. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

You know, this is the first time this has occurred to me, and I can't say why it was this post that prompted it, but ... why can't they model a Transformers series off Judge Dredd? Different artists and writers on rotating arcs - nearly every new story works as a jump-on point because you can set up the concept of Mega-City One in a few detailed panels with establishing text. Prime, Prowl and co could solve crimes and bust heads on a busy, bustling Cybertron with the Decepticons as a kind of criminal mafia who have agents within the security forces and political elite. You could even have a bit of ultra-violence, on the basis that TFs are really hard to kill - with elements like Furman's gladiator pits and Roberts' bodyjacking, only without the sense that this is all a precursor to/explanation for a later conflict.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I think I found something that could be potentially really interesting about this issue that could result in some good developments later.

I think the most tangible character bit in this issue is Rubble’s growing lack in trust in Bumblebee. It was a small nugget of information in Rubble’s monologue, but I do actually like that Rubble ultimately kept it to himself. I think that in developing this, his friendship, and the mentor/student dynamic he has with Bumblebee, it could result in an earned falling out between the two that could parallel Prime and Megatron’s tense acquaintanceship that we see now. Maybe depicting how the overarching conflict affects these guys, or at least Rubble, at a personal level. That sort of failure to maintain a relationship could actually be a good bit of character development that I think I will be paying closer attention to hereon in

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  7. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Huh. Windblade looks shorter than Chromia in this continuity. Wonder if that will be reflected in toy for the next time we get a Windblade figure(with Chromia being her WFC:S toy)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I'd be alright with that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

Given Megatron's tendency to be portrayed as robo-Hitler, I'm pretty sure it's intentional.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I want a Lost Light crossover at some point where Rodimus and his crew travel through an interdimensional portal or whatever and arrive on this alternate Cybertron.

They’ve travelled to an alternate Cybertron before, they can do so to this one.

• Like Like x 3
  11. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn’t count on it happening.

12. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I know, that’s as crazy as G1 characters appearing in the Dreamwave Armada comics .

• Like Like x 2
  13. justiceg

News Credits:
    Not to derail this thread, but that’s not crazy at all - Dreamwave had the licenses to all the properties and had license to that since there was no chance of “brand confusion” happening there.

I think the Rod Squad scenario is a little less likely since this is a new continuity that both IDW and Hasbro (from all things observed) want to establish as a complete break from the existing continuity.

Even if they did show up, how can we be sure they don’t meet a “Hunter O’ Rion in All Hail Megatron” end that just gets everyone riled up? :) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the line art has been pretty bad so far, aside from the last few pages of issue 2. The line art is the only thing I have a major issue with at this point.

15. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man the art in this book has destroyed my interest in it. Cachet Whitman's is fine for the most part, but Angel Hernandez's work is just... too terrible for words. His work on other series has been better... somewhat. But his style in this book is almost Heart of Darkness bad.

Christ. Whose terrible idea is it to make a book that should be one of the best looking on the shelves every month look like Deviant Art chickenstratch.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing will ever be acceptable to you people.

We should make a thread for just for the haters. Its like this for ANY Transformers comic.

Get over yourselves already.

From now on if you want to complain about the art YOU draw it, not just a page either, the whole book and then after you've done that, submit your work here. So it can be critiqued by erudite turds.

You guys suck!

17. Dead Metal

Ebay:
    That's not how it works. People have the right to voice their opinion on something they buy. People can see bad art and criticise it even if they themselves don't have the ability to create it themselves. If this were not the case, nobody ever could complain or criticise.
    If you really want this to happen, then maybe start yourself and blindly support everything without voicing an opinion.
    Buy all the toys, even the ones you don't like, unless you can create better ones, watch all the movies, unless you can make better ones, all the shows, unless you can make better ones. All the games, unless you can make better ones.

The art in this is terrible, and to see that all you need to do is compare it to what we usually get in TF comics.

• Like Like x 5
  18. justiceg

News Credits:
    Found the artists TFW account ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  19. Dead Metal

Ebay:
    And honestly, googling other examples of their work this is not reflective of their actual skills.
    It could be that they both have a weakness with robots in the style of transformers, since not every artist can handle everything perfectly. But more than likely this is a rush job for the both of them. Something they're doing on the cheap which would kinda explain why this isn't done by better established artists.

• Like Like x 2
  20. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Don’t call me a member thank you very much.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    FWIW I don’t think the art is terrible. Neither do I think it’s great. It seems functional enough. But I am a heathen with regards art. The dialogue is undoubtedly not up to scratch in my opinion, and it’s struggling to create a unique character for itself as a series and a collection of familiar characters. It is issue 2 though so we will see where it goes.

Whatever the case it is ENTIRELY inappropriate to come into a thread and begin to baselessly abuse people for having opinions. I’m sure you would agree people are allowed to be constructively critical. Most here have given good reasons for their views, even when I personally disagree with them. I haven’t seen anyone come here and start openly abusing the comic for the sole purpose of winding people up like you see some openly and repeatedly do in say the movies threads for example.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.