Transformers (2019 -) #6

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Issy543, May 29, 2019.

1. TeamOptimus

TeamOptimus Well-Known Member

Yeah exactly. Issue 6 gave me that vibe. Thrillseeker, ambition...and even Optimus questioning his state of mind. Yeah...that could definitely be scary once he goes off the rails.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

I wonder if this Megatron is going to become Galvatron. Or if they’re going to make Galvy a delegate dude.

• Like Like x 3
  3. TeamOptimus

TeamOptimus Well-Known Member

Good question. I bet Galvatron will be a separate person again tbh. Maybe he had a big part in the previous war.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

I could see Galvatron as not a barbarian but a general of some sort, given a pathetic post on a backwater colony, his madness and that of his men (Scourge and other more “aggressive” Deceptions under his command would come from feeling left behind by the world they fought for, proud warriors reduced to tax collectors for a governor. I’d like to see him be like the G1 Galvatron from the Armada comics.

• Like Like x 6
  5. pluto

pluto Well-Known Member

Clearly we need a basketball mini in the style of Haikyu: all the robots, restrained violence, and unrequited teenage romance that the tf fandom can handle.

6. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

No more romance, for the love of Primus please! We get it, robots play for both teams. Go back to grimdark war stories.

• Like Like x 2
  7. pluto

pluto Well-Known Member

<Sound of a basketball sadly deflating>

• Like Like x 4
  8. CH3N7HiN

CH3N7HiN cyclonus@transfans.com.cn

Twitter:
    Too tedious, I prefer James Roberts’ plotty flashback which even though we don’t seem to know at the first glance.

9. SonicGX98

SonicGX98 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Wow, I REALLY liked this issue! I thought I wouldn't given that I REALLY wanna know how Bee reacts to Rubble's (potential) death, but it actually was a pretty interesting flashback!

I absolutely love the dynamic Orion and Megatron have in this continuity. Just seeing them as friends doing fun things and having witty banter, hell ANYTHING besides just grumbling and fighting is really great! Lowkey I ship these two a lot!
    I can't wait to see how their relationship continues later in this series!

9/10

• Like Like x 4
  10. Blue18

Blue18 Well-Known Member

Your forget everything essential. Prowl has a pet.

• Like Like x 3
  11. SonicGX98

SonicGX98 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    That was last issue. But yes, Prowl having a pet is the most essential thing.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

I’m pretty sure that adding that thing as Prowl’s pet increased sales of the pterodactyl battle-master.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    This was a good issue, can't deny that, but I wish the dialogue had some more pop to it.

One thing that caught my interest was Orion referring to Primus as a fallen idol. It could be meant in the literal sense, since the statue has fallen over, but usually the term refers to a god who has lost favour with their worshippers.

The only time we've seen Primus mentioned is by the Reversionists, who everyone seems to hate. What did Primus do???

It's an interesting twist to have the Cybertronians turn their back on Primus, especially when he's usually the central figure in all Cybertronian religion.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Lionheart

Lionheart Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More like, "what did his followers do"? I want to know why the Reversionists are disliked so much by Bumblebee and I want to know why Optimus isn't willing to risk losing them politically to the Ascenticons. If losing their support is a political loss then that probably means there's a large number of them. This is my theory but that Exarchon guy might have something to do with Primus and the Reversionists. "Threefold spark" sounds like a religious title, in particular it reminds me of the holy trinity, and we know he was part of the reason why the last war took place. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a mad prophet of sorts who was carrying out a crusade.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Oceanus Prime

Oceanus Prime Beyond your wildest desperation.

Honestly, that's a super refreshing attitude. Props to you

• Like Like x 1
  16. Oceanus Prime

Oceanus Prime Beyond your wildest desperation.

I honestly really like this issue. It gives the previously 1 dimensional character of Megatron some much needed depth. The art is also nice. My main issue is that there isn't a good reason for the issue to be here and not in between #3 and #4.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Joey Slick

Joey Slick Whirl is a Transformer.

If there are any fans here who are also pro wrestling fans, maybe you can chime in on this: does it seem like the newer fans of each hobby get the most excited about characters dating (for real, or in their own heads)? Even more so than complex plots and cool battle scenes in Transformers, and great matches and fun storylines in wrestling?

Reading threads here, on reddit, and a couple other sites for each hobby has led me to the conclusion that NOTHING gets newer fans more excited than the characters (or the real-life people portraying them in wrestling) possibly kissing off-screen.

I couple this observation with some recent studies that say younger people are far less sexually active than prior generations, hang out with each other in person far less often because they're instead socializing via cell phone. So maybe they are subconsciously craving romance and this is how it manifests?

Is this way off-base?

EDIT: Here's a recent example on the wrestling side. FRONT PAGE story on one of the most popular wrestling websites is about how one wrestler is dating someone. 411MANIA | Finn Balor Confirms Relationship With Fox Sports Host (Video, Pics)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Lionheart

News Credits:
    My thoughts are: It literally just doesn't matter. If you don't like it, just avoid places that indulge in shipper culture. People have been shipping fictional characters since Ancient Greece (Ala Illiad) so I don't think it has anything to do with being an anti-social basement dweller like you're implying. Also openly shitting on people for liking certain ships is just immature, it doesn't affect you nor does it harm you. The only thing that can be annoying is if canon decides to inorganically pair off characters to pander to fans but if writers like James decide to pander to shipper culture then that's on the writer and not the fandom.
    And honestly...If it weren't for shipper culture there would be practically 0 fanart for this franchise because a lot of those shippers also happen to be artists and they draw characters that they like even out of "shippy" scenarios.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Lionheart

News Credits:
    Well, if it's in regards to Transformers, you already know the answer. As of recent years, more young women have joined the Transformers community and many women like shipping because well, a lot of women just like romance. Why Transformers? Probably because of the immense amount of male characters and the kaleidoscope of varying personalities. Lots of material to work with lol.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

As far as I can remember, Transformers has always been one of the fandoms that had a very strong shipping portion, for the lack of a better term, for exactly the reasons you mention. I wouldn't really say it has increased in recent years. I'd argue that it's just become more visible.

For example, Starscream and Megatron is one of the all-time most popular ships in the fandom and from what I've seen, that begun all the way back in the G1 era. Another example is Ratchet and Wheeljack or Prowl and Jazz.

The oldest ships all date back to the G1 era and Transformers shipping has pretty much stayed the same. Like I said, it isn't really a case of more shipping as much as it is that shipping has just become more visible.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 4