Transformers (2019 -) #31

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Issy543, Jun 22, 2021.

1. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

Yeah I have no idea what's happening anymore. The lore building is so scattershot and unrelated to what's actually happening in the moment that I have absorbed none of it especially with the huge waits between issues. The Exarchon reveal was supposed to be some big deal and I have no attachment to it. And why on earth would Shockwave randomly pipe up and say that when he did? It didn't even make sense. Even if everything up until now was successful and I actually gave a crap about Exarchon, that reveal still would have thrown a wet blanket on any sort of dramatic build up. It's the same way the moment where Orion becomes Optimus was contrived and lacking any weight. This series has no dramatic flair and I'm running out of reasons to keep reading it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Well it just goes to show that you can't please everybody. Exarchon and the war of the threefold spark is the single most interesting addition to Transformers lore that this particular run has added. So I for one am extremely excited to learn more about exarchon and even why he's there. Did he intentionally have skywarp do the same thing, to bring him to an alternate reality that he could conquer? Was it a Fail-Safe? What does provoke have to do with all of it?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    same with me. i'm just not absorbing the story, dialogue or characterisation here. i don't have that problem with other books by other writers.

• Like Like x 1