Transformers (2019 - ) #10:

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Issy543, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Robot Cassette Man

Robot Cassette Man New Member

Muhutme superior,
    lost light inferior

• Like Like x 1
  2. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Beg your pardon?

• Like Like x 1
  3. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

There's nothing stopping you from dropping the comic.

You know just as well as anyone else here that you're not going to like everything that happens in the comic 100% and it's perfectly reasonable to drop stories. Unless of course you're burning that big of a hole in your wallet in which case I would suggest you find something a little more constructive to do than follow a comic that you clearly don't like.

4. TeamOptimus

TeamOptimus Well-Known Member

Can someone please clarify something from this issue for me?

Did Megatron plan the attack on his own rally with Shockwave and the Rise, or was that a legitimate attack by another faction?

I can’t tell. He seems upset about it during the senate meeting but I’m not sure if he’s putting on a show or what.

5. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The attack that Megatron received from this issue was a group of Cybertronians who likely blame the ascenticons for the two murders within the last 10 issues. They could be considered as regular bots, i.e. ones who have no real affliction with any group, since it's unlikely the Ascenticons would attack one of their own, and the Rise are working with them.

During the senate meeting, he's just upset that members of the public are accusing the Ascenticons for the murders and how the senate is trying to denounce the rise.

When it comes to meeting Shockwave, he's upset the Rise have killed two boys; all he wants is disorder so the Autobots looks bad, and the Ascenticons (i.e. Decepticons) look good.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TeamOptimus

Sorry, I messed that question up. Let me rephrase that better: since issue 10 revealed that Megatron is working with the Rise to cause a bit of chaos, are we to assume the attack on his rally in the previous issue was done on his orders? Or was it a legitimate attack? During the senate meeting, he’s still upset about it when he brings up that he was attacked, but I can’t tell if it’s all part of his plan.

7. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The attack from issue #2? It’s possible that it could be staged, but we won’t know yet until the attacker is revealed, as it could be a rouge Autobot. But if it is an Ascenticon or the Rise, then most likely, it’ll have been a setup, unless it was wasn’t, in which case it’s possible both Megatron and Shockwave are loosing control of their own group, and someone wants the former dead.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TeamOptimus

Okay thank you. The first time I read issue ten I had a bit of knee jerk reaction like “well of COURSE he’s behind everything, so original” but then after thinking it over, they never even said one way or another if the rally attack was staged. So that’s still a mystery. Interesting. I wonder if Sentinel has something to do with it, if it ended up not being the Rise.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nelomaxwell

Nelomaxwell I gave you power

Talk that shit, bruh.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    much as i hate senator megatron , senator Orion and senator soundwave and all the boring politics ..... i actually quite enjoyed this issue .
    Was interesting to see Megatron and Shockwave's plotting .
    Not sure why Pyra Magna needs to be involved though when there are so many other underused characters to choose from .

11. Lionheart

Lionheart Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's probably because she's one of the only explicitly religious characters in the entirety of TF who isn't a Decepticon. If I had to guess, she's probably going to be a reversionist.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Orion Pax speaking in Senate, IDW v. IIDW:

orion-pax-senate-idw.jpg orion-pax-senate-iidw.jpg

Jokes aside, I dig how IIDW takes Orion Pax in a completely different direction, even if I still prefer the Supercop at the end of the day.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lionheart

Lionheart Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My qualms with IDW2 Optimus in these political scenarios is that there just isn't enough arguing, talking over each other, ad hominem, and cutting people off. Modern day politics (which both Roberts and Brian draw inspiration from) is ironically never this deferential and civil.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In all fairness, most modern politics aren't promulgated by a race of immortal space robots. I don't think it's a shake on the writing if they conduct their proceedings a little differently than the way real life human politics work.

What they have going on here isn't different than the usual stilted whatever you see in a lot of older high fantasy novels or heck, even the Star Wars prequels where everyone politely takes their turn shouting their illogical BS rhetoric.

The longer this book goes, I think it shows that there's something been lost in translation here. I'm starting to agree with the people that say that it would have been better as a novel involving some other IP as opposed to a TF comic. In other words, I'm reading this and it's OK, but it really gives me the creeping feeling like it's really some other science fiction story wearing a Transformers mask. There's a disconnect for me - Ruckley's not BAD, it just feels like he's writing characters he doesn't know in a setting he doesn't know. It's a testament to the fact that the book is just weirdly paced and dull as opposed to unreadable if this is actually the case.

Again, I continue to believe that the art could fix this. It's still pretty off kilter to me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe? It's been a while, and maybe I'm totally misremembering it. There's got to have been a decent "war wasn't necessary" subplot in the original comics though. Maybe in the UK comics?

Or maybe I'm just letting the nostalgia goggles fit too tight.