Transformers 2007 should have been a Transformers/Gi-Joe prelude

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by CapZat, Dec 15, 2020.

1. CapZat

CapZat Well-Known Member

Having the perfect Duke and Roadblock there (Lennox and Epps) a secret military agency (sector 7) you have the best way to start a good cinematic universe, and they just wasted it with Sam's plot, I cannot believe why Hasbro wasted such an amazing opportunity to have two successful franchises, WHY?

2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I don’t agree that Sam’s plot was wasted opportunity.

But I will agree that Duke and Roadblock would have been better than Lennox and Epps. Then at the end of the film they could have been recruited by Flagg to start a Joe series.

And the TF1 story would be just as intact.

3. Arrogant Arachnid

Arrogant Arachnid Banned

Prolly because cinematic univeres werent a thing back then, this is one year before iron man
    also because for some reason everyone besides marvel running theses cinematic universe are total idiots and dont know how to plan one out

• Like Like x 2
  4. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah as stated above, the cinematic universe idea wasn't a thing yet. Plus, they started prepping for a "cinematic universe" in TLK and look how that turned out lol

5. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The cinematic universe idea worked one time. Fairly sure the majority of the movie going public would not be excited about a hasbro toys universe.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Olivus Prime

Olivus Prime Space Ranger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't BELIEVE that they were interested in telling ONE story rather than trying to cram ANOTHER one in there to cater to a minority fanbase!!! WHHHYYY

• Like Like x 3
  7. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Epps and Lennox are best as TF characters. If they got recruited into GI Joe, they wouldn't be able to be in any other tf movies. Not without it getting bogged down with having the full GI Joe in it. And since I like both those characters and actors, I'm glad they stayed as tf only guys. Joe has no business spinning out of a tf movie anyway. THere's nothing there to connect them, other than 'they fight the transformers'. Which would be better for a proper Avengers styled one off movie, where you see the Joe and Cobra vehicles facing off against the cybertronians properly.

The reason the MCU works is because each character is their own story thread. You can follow just one character's movies, and not get lost in the teamup movies. Because these characters are brought in naturally, but then after the teamup, they go back to their own little worlds until the next one. This is why MCU works and all the rest fail. Because all the rest try to force as many connections as possible. To build a hasbro cineatic universe, it should be something like this:

Movie 1: GI Joe is a military force that combats terrorism. Cobra has risen and is a global terrorist threat.
    Movie 2: Transformers. The Ark is shot down by the Nemesis in deep space and is lost through a warp gate. Ark crashes in a remote section of Earth. A small decepticon scout force hunting for them (one of many across the universe) finds them and has a fight in a small town. Think the final battle of the first Thor movie. Small scale enough that it can still be hidden. Cons manage to send a message into space before they are defeated. End credit scene shows General Hawk being briefed on a possible new terrorist threat of large mechanical exosuits. NO BIG NAME DEECEPTICONS IN THIS MOVIE!
    Movie 3: ROM. I don't know much about this, but have ROM and his own stand alone movie set on his homeworld. End credit scene is early warning systems telling them a large alien warship is approaching their planet (this is a Decepticon warship).
    Movie 4: Another GI Joe movie. Have characters from MASK in as Joe members without focusing too much on them, but MASK does not yet exist. End credit scene has NASA pick up an unknown object slowly heading towards Earth. Also have Cobra Commander mention the fight in the town from the TF movie and that he is preparing for the arrival of allies, or conquerers. Also feature some Autobots alt modes dotted around the action scenes, BUT THEY DO NOT TRANSFORM. They are merely easter eggs to the audience.

And then the big movie. Movie 5. The Nemesis arrives at Earth. Megatron, Starscream and co land and threaten to start wrecking cities in a bid to lure out the Autobots from the Ark, as they can't locate them. Cobra Commander approaches Megatron in a bid to offer an alliance but Megatron declines. GI Joe responds with all their vehicles and though they put up a good fight, they are ultimately defeated. Rom lands on earth, stating he followed a warship that attacked his own planet, having vowed to defend all planets from attackers (or whatever the Solstar Knights do). Maybe one or two of his supporting cast are with him. The Nemesis comes down out of orbit to start attacking a city when the Autobots finally arrive and attack the Decepticons. We end with the Joes/Solstar/Autobots against the Decepticons and the Nemesis is destroyed, stranding the Decepticons on Earth. They go off into hiding against the superior forces and the Solstar knights head off back into space. The Autobots promise to try to track down the Decepticons now lost on Earth. End credits scenes. First one shows Miles Mayhem with a Cobra symbol analysing some tf bodies from the battle and saying to Cobra Commander he could make use of these. Once CC leaves, he then mutters that it would be a use for himself, not Cobra. Second credit scene shows NEST being established as the Autobot liason with Earth's governments, since they are not terrorists and thus not under Joe's jurisdiction. Autobots also reveal they have been trying to help the Earth's population in secret (hence the easter eggs of their alt modes in previous movies) or this can be mentioned when they first turn up and talk to Joes.

Movie 6: Rom. He does stuff in his own little thing.
    Movie 7: MASK. Cobra is using newly developed transforming vehicles as part of their actions but Miles and his team (MASK Villains) break away early on in the movie and establish their own little group (using vehicles from the good and bad guys in the mask series). Only one high ranking Cobra villain is a cameo (NOT CC). Joe can't respond to this as there is a major Cobra activity about to happen on the far side of the world so a small team is dispatched to deal with it (the MASK good guys, hence why they were in Movie 4). MASK guys are able to capture a number of vehicles from Mayhem and they are setup as a subsidiary of GI JOE, tasked to deal with the enhanced combat abilities of Mile's group.
    Movie 8: GI Joe. We see what the cobra activity was that was keeping them from engaging with Mayhem.
    Movie 9: Transformers. NEST is a thing, they go after Decepticons.

And it flows naturally like that. Organically growing the universe, but keeping each movie franchise it's own separate thing that follows it's own stories so you are able to understand what is going on if you only watch that one character (franchise) and ignore the rest, but the teamup movies still feature enough exposition to catch you up if your person was not involved in the events before. THAT is how you do a cinematic universe, THAT is why the MCU has been so successful and that is why all the others have failed. Because they try to cram everything in at once. But now, you have to play the long game, you have to let the world you are creating grow and evolve at a proper pace.

Also, I didn't mean to write out all that, but when I get on a roll with story ideas, I just can't stop.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

Mostly because The Last Knight didn't even know how a Universe works.

One time?

What minority fanbase?

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Because Transformers itself was an experiment. No point in trying to kickstart two franchises at once when you don't even know how the first one is going to do. At this point in time we have the fortune of 20/20 hindsight but back in 2006, the original release year planned for the film, it was a different story.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    It was it just wasn't as successful as Marvel's

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    It wasn't a cinematic universe because the concept didn't even exist. Iron Man was the first entry that established what would become the first (and to date only successful) cinematic universe, and that was a 2008 release. Transformers was 2007 and wasn't originally planned to have sequels.

12. Terrellatron

News Credits:
    I misread what he meant, I thought he meant the cinematic universe as a whole(as in all of cinema) sorry about that lol

13. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

I think Universal and Toho both did something like that first.

14. Terrellatron

News Credits:
    Wait so I did read that comment right then...