Transformers (2007) returns to theaters for 15th anniversary

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Music, May 27, 2022.

1. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Glenn is unironically my favorite character from the first movie. Might be biased because I’m an Anthony Anderson fan but man. He had some great lines in that film.

• Like Like x 5
  2. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I figured that would be the case. Glad someone checked just to be sure since that seemed like a pretty disingenuous claim. People would have lost their minds if someone dared to question the legendary animated movie getting a release.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 10
  3. Galvacron 3

Galvacron 3 Well-Known Member

I never got to see it on the big screen so finally getting to see it was legit awesome. The same is true here except for the fact I got to see it on opening day and I'll take any excuse to see films I like on the big screen even if I've already seen them or own them on home media.

No one complained about TF: The Movie getting a rerelease but if it's the 2007 movie, people act like the sky's falling. You did it, you won. The franchise pivoted back to G1 because Primus forbid we have anything DIFFERENT.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Your immaturity makes me want to vomit.

• Like Like x 14
  5. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    No, my main point was that you said don't support "bad" Transformers if you want "good" Transformers, and I think that the '86 movie isn't as good a movie as many people think. People support the '86 movie despite it being an okay movie, so my main point is that some people will support a movie if that movie is G1, even if that film isn't that great. As for facts, apparently the Bayverse is a disaster, yet Paramount still feels inclined to celebrate the 15th anniversary by re-releasing this film. Apparently people hate Bayverse, yet Studio Series was founded on these films.

Either way, I don't care what people like, whether that's G1 or Bayverse, just don't be a dick. This whole "My Transformers is better than your Transformers" bullshit that goes round and round is utterly tiring to read. The fact that people mock what someone else enjoys outright is beyond pathetic.

I'm a woman, but thank you for assuming my gender.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  6. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Well I'm not sure if Jurassic World 3, Buzz Lightyear and Thor 4 were intimating to them or not but they pushed it back to next year for a reason, so if it's 3 hours of quality this time, I doubt anyone who doesn't have bladder problems would complain...

7. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    “I ate the whole plate”
    I think it was June being packed with big hitters, along with vfx studios being very busy and backed up a little

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hawksford

Hawksford Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I ate the whole plate. The whole plate!

• Like Like x 5
  9. troglodyteman217

troglodyteman217 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    directly below the enemy scrotum AKA Greece
    ...what is laughable? you are implying that coronation starscream is better than bayverse ss because.... ? no seriously i genuinely do not get your point here

• Like Like x 5
  10. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    I mean they are both Starscream.

Also, we can have both, they both can exist for either or both sides it's been 15 years. I love both G1 Starscream and Bayverse Starscream.

• Like Like x 6
  11. troglodyteman217

troglodyteman217 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    directly below the enemy scrotum AKA Greece
    "ok so i have downloaded a couple thousands songs off the internet. who hasnt??!!!"

• Like Like x 4
  12. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    He doesn't have one other than "BAY STARSCREAM BAD"

Exactly. Them hating Bay's version of Starscream doesn't make it stop existing.

• Like Like x 5
  13. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Speaking of big hitters, releasing a week after Spider-Man: Across the Spider-verse might be complicated enough next year. So if Paramount is smart then it might be in their best interest to have a sneak peak of ROTB in this 2007 re-release.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AlphaCentauri

AlphaCentauri Banned

I hope it’s 3 hours worth of quality if that’s the case. Face it man there’s always gonna be competition. Paramount should realize it. No more delays unless it is needed. Furthermore,I think RotB shouldn’t be afraid of Jurassic World dominion, it’s a dumpster fire. To suggest Paramount should be afraid of it is laughable. :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 1
  15. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    It probably will be since how popular the first one was and also since it's Spidey.
    Would love that just to test and see how some react since I know they got some CGI footage done.
    Indeed, it exists and is apart of TF culture and the franchise as much as shows or things hated or disliked (Kiss Players, Energon, WFC trilogy, Beast MachinesMachinima shows). I also like Bayverse Starscream (and a fair bit of the designs) because that was my childhood and my Transformers growing up.
    Agreed, and I don't see it being 3 hrs.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CringeMcCringle

CringeMcCringle The King of Target

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Just bought a ticket for myself to see the movie in theaters! This is the movie that got me hooked when I was 4 years old. I don't even remember seeing it in theaters so this is going to be a fun experience for me. Can't wait to hear the music in glorious surround sound!

• Like Like x 2
  17. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    For people who want things to "MOVE ON", you sure love dragging your animosity 3 hours later....

Ironically if there's anyone who wishes a lot of Bay-formers Lore didn't exist, it was Michael Bay himself actually admitting the sh*t like 2 months ago!

So quit making me the poster child for Bay hate. 90% of your retorts is conjecture anyway. And despite "Bay-scream" I still have like 40 other Movie-verse figures from 10 years ago. But I can still call Hasbro and Paramount out when they screw things up. That way. they'll possibly get the picture and won't make the same dumb mistakes again. If not, Spider-man is going to crucify this next TF project. But in the mean time buy as many Re-release tickets as you want. I wasn't trying to stop anyone in the first place.

Is that fair...?

18. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    This is not R\THINGSTHATNEVERHAPPENED.
    Good try, though.
    Thanks for the FAKE NEWS.

Proof of my ingenuous, ingenious claim.
    And this is just the thread in which the movie was the topic.
    It came up all the time -often whenever a Studio Series 86 toy was discussed.

Transformers: The Movie 35 Anniversary Coming To US Theaters & New Fan First Friday

19. Almagnus1

Almagnus1 Active Member

Hey, it's nice that they're bringing back the best movie out of the Bay-formers series of movies. It's a shame they didn't get a solid writer for the sequel (and possibly a different director) as it showed so much promise... yet all the follow-ons (except Bumblebee) were just never up to the level of the first one despite being fun popcorn flicks if you didn't think too hard about them.

20. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    That's more so a complaint about the toys, and the direction of the toys and Transformers series in general. Its not straight trashing the rerelease of the 86 movie, at least I don't take it that way, like your original post seemed to claim. A lot of fans are getting tired of everything being so heavily G1 and that's what that post seemed to be referring to.

If he had said anything resembling "oh that shitty animated movie is coming back? Can't wait for those dumb G1 fans to finally see how bad it is!" I'd be inclined to agree but that isn't the case here.

• Like Like x 14