TRANSFORMERS # 11 Full PREVIEW

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lucas35, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    A bad comic book cannot be reviewed and criticised as being bad unless it’s read.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Yweggo

Yweggo Member

I think the art looks good for this issue.

4. Superhans

Superhans TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You are welcome to do what you want. I am simply suggesting to you that you will be happier and more productive if you don’t spend your time indulging in negativity. Especially on the Internet.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a slow burn type of story. That doesn't work for everyone. I've found myself bored, personally, at times. I'm hoping it gets better though. There has been action and the story looks like it might finally get somewhere and have a pay off. Most aren't used to that though with Transformers. It's been an action centric series for the longest time, and now they're focusing on what led to the war, but in a more narrative focused format. It's like dragging out Spider-man, so that Uncle Ben doesn't die for nearly 15-20 issues. It would drive most nuts, as we know how it ends and would want to get to the part we're familiar with.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SaltVulture

SaltVulture salty

7. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Decompressed storytelling in comics has been happening for a long time now. Stories are now being written for the trade. It goes back a long time, but Bendis’ Ultimate Spider-Man might be where it picked up steam. I love reading comics from the 60’s-mid-90’s. They took longer than five minutes to read and you had a lot going on in a book. Heck, I miss thought bubbles and exposition blocks. If this series were done like the 80’s, Rubble would have died as a cliffhanger at the end of the second issue and we’d be on the third or fourth issue of story right now. Not eleven.

I’m still reading it, so as long as I’m buying it, I have a right to voice my opinion.

I hope Transformers 84 does so well they decide to go back to that continuity. Somehow..

• Like Like x 1
  8. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's me.

I know it feels like i'm reading the TFP forums all over again.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Sapienbot

News Credits:
    This series is still a good read for me. So far the story is a political drama focussing on tension. The reveal that Megatron has lost (never really had) control of the Rise adds an interesting twist. I'm curious to see where Shock wave takes everything. With Sentinel Prime's return, I think the situation is going to devolve quicker. Optimus has been very reactive and sensitive to escalation. Sentinel appears to be more hard headed from the little bit we have seen.

My suspicion is the series is leading into more of a cold war type opposition rather than a hot war. I bet we see the Senate falling into minority rule and the planet start to carve up along factional lines as no one can achieve their goals. Groups like the Rise can keep causing problems that will continue to worsen everything.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Fair point. I admit I do not like this series, really at all, but I’m a fan of transformers comics and there is a part of me that feels required to keep trying. Is that misplaced, possibly.

11. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This

12. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    As I keep asserting, summaries of the book do make it sound quite interesting. Everything you just said would be good if it were told by an actually competent writer. The problem is that reading the book is just such a dull and tedious chore. The dialogue is just bland and generic with nobody having any real personality or charm to them. There is very little action going on, and what little intrigue and mystery there is just comes across as shallow and lacks any kind of impact. There’s just no direction at all; the plot shambles along so very slowly that it hurts to read it.

This book is just not going to be attracting many new readers. It’s just not fun.

• Like Like x 2
  13. artiepants

artiepants Misses readable TF comics

News Credits:
    walking and talking, standing around and talking, telling not showing, poorly proportioned art, minimal story progression... seems like an IDW transformers comic from the last 7 years.

• Like Like x 1
  14. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I personally do not like this book and therefor should be cancelled. Anyone who disagrees with me just doesn't know good storytelling at all.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    C6D0E61F-87A3-4F70-A729-93868162E501.jpeg

16. Lionheart

Lionheart Well-Known Member

People say this and yet by posting screenshots of it on Twitter I've even gotten some of my more "normie" friends to get into Transformers simply because alien robot politics is a lot easier to take seriously and ease people into than little car robots killing each other from day one. Look, for most people that aren't actually into this franchise, Michael Bay's movies left this impression on most people that Transformers is a "turn off your brain" mindless action fest about trucks killing each other. The fact that this series has been mostly talking and developing an alien world and government so far is attractive to some (not all) people who didn't think Transformers could actually be anything but fights and yelling.

EDIT: I want to point out that I'm talking about adults and older teens here. Robots punching each other is definitely going to be more appealing to the younger audience haha.

• Like Like x 1
  17. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame Well-Known Member

Twitter:

You mean someone's opinion isn't representative of an entire group?
    Mind.
    Blown.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:

Literally this. It’s like Daria X The Transformers.

19. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not really here to voice my opinion on the comic as I’ve used the reboot as a jumping off point and focus on other things - but I don’t think there is something neccessarily wrong if this book is indeed completely different and a (very) slow burn. Maybe I’ll pick some up someday in paperback form and see for myself, modern comics that read slow always work better as a continuous read. Worst case scenario I might not like it, but I’ve already heard about some cool new worldbuilding ideas that might end up being adopted into the overall Transformers lore. thumb

I just think it’s hilarious that a member who was continuously voicing their discontent during the previous IDW run is now strawmanning people with less-than-positive opinions. Glad you like the new continuity, but salty much? :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  20. TeamOptimus

TeamOptimus Well-Known Member

Everything with Megatron is actually going in an interesting direction. When this series first started I thought he was boring as hell and mind-numbingly pissy for no reason (until the brief break in issue six where he had a personality) but now issue ten got some actual emotion/intrigue out of him. I like how he’s at odds with his own people. Good drama that I want to see progress.

• Like Like x 2