Transformer toy collecting goals for 2019

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by eightbit, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

Obtain the Warpath reissue, which will take a lot of luck, along with a couple more Siege figures, and maybe some G1.

2. eipunx

eipunx Well-Known Member

For me the only figures on my hit list for this year is Seige Shockwave, Cog and Ironhide. Maybe Seige Soundwave and the cassettes but I'm really just waiting for reviews on him to start popping up before I make my decision. Nothing else really peaks my interest this year but that might change after NYC toy fair

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    My primary goal, at least TF-wise, is to continue to focus primarily on the Transformers Generations line with a focus on characters I either don't have or ones that I already have but desperately needed a much better update (ex. Siege Ironhide over TFU 2.0 Ironhide). I also know I'll probably pick up some more reissues and Studio Series sometime this year, but I want to try to limit what I buy at full price from those lines and try to wait for sales or clearances to save money in the long run.

I also have secondary non-TF focus on Mega Construx but I'm sticking to just Masters of the Universe themed releases. My third and final goal for toy collecting this year...don't start buying stuff out of my focus just because I have some spare money and there is nothing else to buy TF or Mega Construx MOTU wise.

4. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I'd like to get back to GoBots. That was one part of collecting I had to drop when sales turned south in 2015.

5. quickshift

quickshift Combiner Junkie

oak.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm really hoping to make a huge dent into buying more of my Masterpiece transformers collection of figures i don't have. I really wanna get figures from MP line that I've been wanting to have and play with. Then i really am hoping to get alot more G1 transformers figures I've been seeing and wanting really bad. So besides Masterpiece I'm going for Seige,G1 and i think maybe some MOTUC if i can get them reasonably priced. If any G.i Joe figures or vehicles presents themselves to me I'll get some. Then last but certainly NOT LEAST Star Wars Black series figures "6 line.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    Goals:
    1. Botbots.
    2. Studio Series with well-executed aircraft altmodes. Woulda preferred New Jetfire be the same size as Old, SR-71s are HUGE aircraft compared to what you'd expect. Jet Shatter, Blitzwing and a correct Super Stallion Grindor would be musts.
    3. Any more Tiny Turbos that get released.
    4. Considering Micromasters.
    5. Watch ebay and Junkion for whatever chances I find to help rebuild and complete my Botshots collection.

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    1. Organize and catalog my G1 to see what parts I am missing
    2. Finish (what little bits) of G1 combiners I need (just a few parts from my 2017 goal).
    3. Finish my 2018 goal of Target/Powermasters (I think I need a slugslinger body, Quickmix, Scoop, and a couple upgrades and one gun)
    4. 2019 goal, make some significant progress on Pretenders (I think I need about 10, but some are heavy hitters).

9. Blunderzag

Blunderzag Transform and Transcend

Maybe get Seige Ultra Magnus or SSBB Prime if I can find him.

10. RL1701

RL1701 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I’ve gone crazy collecting MP or 3rd party figures over the last 2 years. I’ve focused on getting my favorite version of each G1 character that I care about. So, I’m pretty much there for MP/3rd party. But, of course that doesn’t seem to slow down my TF collecting mania.

For 2019, I’ll be looking for Siege and G1 Reissue figures (especially if I find them in stores) and 3rd party Aerialbots and Stunticons. One other area I’m getting into (that I think a lot of people wisely stay away from) is the smaller size TF Imaginarium statues - we’ll see how this goes (they are expensive and take up a lot of room).