Transformer toy collecting goals for 2019

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by eightbit, Jan 9, 2019.

1. eightbit

eightbit Active Member

Just curious on what your Transformer toy collecting goals are for 2019.

Personally I was working most of 2018 on completing the Takara Transformers Book Collection. I found Hound and Blitzwing to be the most difficult to track down. I tracked Hound (or should I say I "sniffed him out" like he says) in Sept of last year.

I had been looking for Blitzwing sealed for a really long time. I was bidding on one and it just got to high for my tastes. I waited and I found a complete one...not sealed and stickers applied...but for $40 so I am very OK with that. It arrived today and FINALLY I have them all! I expected this goal to be completed in 2018 honestly, but it ended up at completion this year. So I guess I will call it my first 2019 goal accomplished :) 

Now my main mission for the rest 2019 is to continue grabbing (if I can find them...STILL need Devastator!) Hasbro G1 reissues as they are released (Walmart) and obtain the rest of the pieces I need to make my G1 Scorponok complete.

Those are my 2019 missions. Yours?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kamen Ranger Bat

Kamen Ranger Bat Extraordinary League Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Handle):
    To collect every different media version of smokescreen while also completing my shelf of all my "favorite" characters and a counterpart/enemy for them to fight.

Also collecting any "modern" versions of UT toys like CW armada megs and T30 armada screamer. Hopefully wfc trilogy produces more.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    I'm hoping to close out my collection this year. There's a handful of Prime Wars figures and maybe a dozen or so earlier Generations figures that I'd like, plus a couple Studio Series. But I just don't see a whole lot on the horizon for me in terms of Transformers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Skywarp23

Skywarp23 Well-Known Member

Mostly siege. A few studio series, and a few 3rd party. I feel like I'm coming close to the end, minus the odd replacement here or there.

5. eightbit

eightbit Active Member

I forgot to add the most important goal....display cases. I need glass display cases. I have everything in closets and one glass bookcase. All protected mind you (many wrapped in bubble wrap)...but I need a proper display. I should bump that one up to #1 priority actually.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BoomClank25

BoomClank25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Focusing on the newer stuff, particularly WfC: Siege and Studio Series. There's a lot from both lines that I'm really excited for.

I was thinking of playing catch up a bit with Power of the Primes and Titans Return, but I'll probably just wait for good deals and price drops towards those lines. They're not as high of a priority for me.

Also, getting a combiner, whether it be HasTak or third-party. I'm thinking about getting Jinbao's Warbotron KO sometime in the future.

Edit: Oh, and possibly stands for some of the smaller figures. For more dynamic posing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DaptoDog

DaptoDog Well-Known Member

I just bought a dozen Detolf cabinets. My goal for the year is to put them together lol!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    I want to get even better at customizing so I can truly realize my projects the way I envision them.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will try--again, because I have not had much success in the past--to focus the collection on what I really like and sell off the rest. As a "car guy," I keep thinking I'd love to just collect the realistic car Transformers. ...And then I remember how much I love my Animated figures. ...And my Takara Legends. ...And my Botcon figures. ...And... you see my problem.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Kranix_OZ

Kranix_OZ Well-Known Member

My only goal is to hopefully have a Transformer to actually buy. Fingers crossed for the release of MP Hound so I can give Takara some money! Unless there's another new MP release in 2019 that will be my only purchase.

• Like Like x 2
  11. grindcore138

grindcore138 TIME TO DELIVER A PIZZA BALL!

News Credits:
    Carry on as I have been, I guess? I'd like to say this year will be less expensive on the Transformers front, there's certainly less coming out that I want this year, unfortunately some of the TF purchases on the agenda for this year are the likes of LG-EX Big Powered and Big Boys™ like Masterpiece Beast Wars Megatron and Mastermind Creations' not-Deathsaurus and not-Helex, so maybe not so wallet friendly after all.
    Might do a bit of customising this year seeing as I sort of trailed off from doing it last winter.

12. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Siege stuff and probably a couple Studio Series (but not likely as many as last year). I also want to finish the Ironhide shelf...just need a few more... And probably a 2nd case to put all this stuff in.

13. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    My toy collecting goal for 2019 is the same as previous years: don't buy too much shit.

With this hobby it's so easy to get dragged down the rabbit hole of buying toys you don't actually care much about and that will inevitably just sit on a shelf or go into storage.

As such I'm always re-evaluating my want list and try to refrain from impulse buys.
    I aim to only purchase one figure every few months so that I can fully appreciate it and give it all my attention.

Even so, I still find myself running out of room XD

• Like Like x 6
  14. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have so many toys that have to stop but realized that my thirst for plastic and die-cast is insatiable. Every year I usually say that not going to buy more Transformers and I fail every year. There are so many good toys nowadays.

This year am going to try a different approach. Going to open many of my MISB toys and going to start to enjoy them, this should calm down my thirst. Going to buy new shelves and not going to say that "will not buy Transformers" but instead going to reduce my speed.

I thought that needed all Siege collection but then realized how many Optimus, Ultra Magnus, Megatron, Shockwave, Starscream.....I owned. A decade ago thought that there are never enough Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream..... But then my mortal enemy, the physical space, showed me the true...have not enough space, a room is not enough...damn you, physical space!

Since I know that have to buy some toys, I will only buy metal robots, yesss this will keep focused my Transformers collection! Just 3A DLX figures, starting with Bumblebee and then Not Starscream.
    Hope to see 3A repaints of Thundercraker and Skywarp. :D 

Also, as a bonus, going to get some nice Neca Terminator 2 Kenner Tribute figures in this right moment :D 

15. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My goal is to get all of the early pre-rubs loose. I have Huffer and Brawn so far. I also have about 17 G1s left to upgrade to CIB, MOC. Catch up on the Masterpieces that I still want.

• Like Like x 1
  16. quickshift

quickshift Combiner Junkie

Better displays! My collection is relegated to the basement and has been displayed on a hodgepodge of random particle board shelves. Not only do i need more room, but I want it to look purtier.

17. KraegorStark

KraegorStark Well-Known Member

YouTube (Custom URL):
    1. Not to go broke.
    2. Refine my collection to what I really want to keep.
    3. Start and finish my DJD customs (the MMC ones are too tall for my taste).

• Like Like x 2
  18. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    I'm definitely being more cautious with my money this year as I'll be done with college next spring and will need to have a good amount of money saved away. However, I figure I can complete my Generations collection, which consists of most of the characters who appeared in both the generation cartoon as well as Beast Wars, within the next year or two. I'll put my list of remaining characters in spoilers
    - Huffer
    - Gears
    - Omega Supreme
    - Grapple
    - Metroplex
    - Soundwave
    - Frenzy
    - Laserbeak
    - Buzzsaw
    - Rumble
    - Ratbat
    - Runabout
    - Runamuck
    - Misfire
    - Tigatron
    - Scorponok
    - Blackarachnia
    I've also got both the MP 20+ Wheeljack as well as the MP Cheetor on pre order.

19. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This will be my first full year of collecting. Besides Siege (Ultra Magnus, Soundwave & friends, Reflector, & any exclusives that might appeal to me), the other main things I'm collecting are G1. But with the recent reissues, I'm just going to sit back and see if they do any of the ones I'm hunting that have had reissues before (Ultra Magnus, Cosmos, Pipes, the cassettes). I would like to also get G2 Hooligan, a complete G1 Landfill, and a TR Twinferno to complete my monsterbots. It's going to be a fun year

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  20. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Goddammit...that was going to be my line. :lol 

• Like Like x 2