Transformer Pricepoints...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Liege Prime, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty hyped about TF Animated toys and Universe toys. Looking at all the pics though has made me think about the "classes" of the toys, or really, the pricepoints. I know there are probably much more in the know of all things retail and marketing for toys, but I feel they need to start being a little more flexible with their pricing.

If a standard deluxe is $10 USD, that's fine, but I would like there to be a standard in the amount of plastic/paint and all the other particulars that goes into it. Now, just say that standard equals '74 Movie BB. Ok, then we have '08 CC Movie BB. I could be wrong, but he seems to have a bit more tooling and work and actual mass to him. So, maybe they could make a slightly higher pricepoint, maybe $12.99 or something. I wouldn't mind at all paying more for a toy withe more to it.

All that being said, the deluxes don't often bother me as they USUALLY don't vary all too much. It's the Voyagers that seem quite a bit off. It's way too early for me to judge for sure, but by the looks of it. Voyager Animated Megatron and Deluxe Animated Megatron don't look all that different in terms of size/complexity. Yes, Voyager is bigger, and I would happily pay more, but he just doens't seem like he should go for twice the cost of the deluxe. I have seen this a lot in Voyagers.

Anyways, I'm not complaining about high prices in any way- I am just saying not all deluxes are equal, nor are all the voyagers. If I have to pay a little more here and there, and a little less here and there, that's fine. I just think they should be more flexible instead of shoehorning toys into a pricepoint just to make the retail scene less complicated. I am sure stores and parents could adjust. I also think that some molds lose out on paint aps or construction because they decide they have to squeeze into a given pricepoint, and honestly I think we all lose from that. Of course, I could be wrong about that, and I'm not all knowing about "the way it works", so these are just some thoughts I had.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm not exactly sure what to say, as I don't really have any research or anything like that to back me up, but, I'll just say what I personally think of the matter. Size classes are actually very important to a line like TF's. As for the differences that happen between different figures in the size classes, that's going to happen one way or the other. As far as I know, each size class has a certain range of plastic content (probably a few other things, but, this is the one that is most important) that can be used for the figures. It would take up a lot of time to figure out what to price each indevidual mold. It would also be harder to get stores to buy them. It's much easier when they have a set number of price-points for the line. That's all I have to say about that.

3. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    That's fine, and it all makes sense. I suppose my point was not exactly to have every mold categorized and priced differently, but to have a couple more "in between" price points. Maybe just a $15, or maybe a higher deluxe and a lower voyager. They could still have case assortments to sell to stores, but feature a certain number of each size in a box.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Try to explain your concerns to Wal*Mart.

5. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Just meant to be a discussion. I'm not loosing sleep over this.