Transformazing Toys PB-01 Pandora's Box FoC Optimus / Ultra Magnus Trailer Armor

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by archieboy, Feb 10, 2013.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Even the armor part is expensive. Transformazing Toys needs to see what the 3rd Party scene has going on. Add ons like the Jetwing pack are around $50.00. For $60-70.00 you can get a full figure. They want $90.00 for armor that turns into nothing.

I don't know why they can't get it. The people have spoken: "Lower your prices, we'll buy." and they didn't listen. They're going to end up being the next Impossible Toys if they keep this up.

And, much like Impossible Toys, they'll probably blame the fandom.

2. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

To be fair. Their sculpting is far better than Impossible Toys'

3. Gauntlet101010

Gauntlet101010 Well-Known Member

The armour are overly expensive when compared to some products .... but Dr. Wu's swords costs $20 and Beelzeboss' Goldbug heads are $30.

4. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Too true. A point I overlooked.

5. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

I'd argue the difference is that while the 20$ is overpriced, it's easier to say "I'll drop 20/30 to make a toy I like show accurate or even better" than "I'll drop 90$ to make a toy I like even better".

And that's not without going on how many people don't seem to even care for the FOC Prime or Magnus and were looking for this to make the toy at all worthwhile.

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    No, a bunch of fans asked for an armor that turns into nothing. What were they expecting, a $30 armor?

7. Zavien

Zavien Veteran

News Credits:
    I for one am ok with this cuz I just wanted the armor anyways.

8. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    100% agree. I was biting the bullet despite the price beinjg high when it was a whole kit. Ironically, I'm probably DROPPING my order because of this "value improvement". Too bad, really wanted to upgrade ol' Magnus. Guess I'll have to do it myself.

You're absolutely right, I get the price-issue very well. I personally ENJOY a playset, so for me it wouldn't be the least intersting part, but I'm in the minority.

WHYYYYYY they're not going back to the drawing board, recycling as much of the design as possible, and coming back out with a pared-down version that still WORKS in some way rather than just gutting the thing and ending up with the TF-equivalent of a Gundam-Booster-Set or something....I just don't know. Other than laziness. Laziness and the presumed financial gullability of this fandom will always explain nmost things, I suppose.

*sigh*

9. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Yes, you are right. They would have not received high praise. This is the best of a bad situation. Stop being so butt hurt and get over it. People wanted the armor but not at the $170 price tag. $90 is much more manageable but there isn't a perfect solution to this. Get over it.

10. halfaway

halfaway Did you think you were cool?

I hope for a joke they package these in a box that looks like the
    orignal trailer along with flip out cardboard wheels

11. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The $90 is the price at BBTS, RK has it at $73. Please don't confuse the price.

12. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's their head sculpt alone that drew me to this.

13. beangrower

beangrower Well-Known Member

Yes, $90 is almost half of the total package which is the best part so I say its worth it. I'm in it as ill keep it in bot mode anyway.

14. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    So the trailer is $170 (but not $140, RK price), but the kit is $73 (but not $90, the BBTS price)? Interesting.

15. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    I haven't confused a thing. I, like many, buy from BBTS. I don't buy from RK, and won't do so in the future. And, even at $73.00, it's still much ado about nothing. Some armor that turns into a pile of plastic that does nothing.

16. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. This seems like a band-aid on a bullet wound.

17. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm $99 shipped from RK and $99 shipped from BBTS. Interesting. What a savings why have I been using BBTS all this time.

18. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Well I don't know anything about a trailer, but I saw this armor listed today and thought it looked pretty sweet that enhances a toy I already really like so I ordered it. Trailers have historically been worthless to me.

19. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The original price for the set Armor + Trailer over at RK was $140 + Shipping. BBTS had it at $169.99 + shipping. Now that they are only going to sell just the armor, RK has it at $73 + shipping, and BBTS has it at $89.99 ($90) + shipping.

Some folks buy from RK, others from BBTS. Initially with the set, for people in the US, RK's total price was roughly between $162-$169USD, which was almost the same as the BBTS price and almost negligible shipping if you are using POL.

Still the total price is somewhat daunting for a lot of folks, which is why folks have asked TFT to lower the price. Now with just the Armor, it's a bit more easy on the pocket/wallet. Personally, I still think that the price is still high, but people will still buy it anyway.

20. TruStarscreamer

TruStarscreamer Well-Known Member

UM looks cool...Prime looks like...umm...a big bot. Though I will give credit that the colors are good...but with out the trailer to hold the parts, is there anything for the alt mode now?

Hate to say it, but if it only enhances the robot mode not much value. I could buy a big ole Gundam at that price...