Transformazing Toys PB-01 Pandora's Box FoC Optimus / Ultra Magnus Trailer Armor

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by archieboy, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

I should FINALLY a have Magnus in about 3 days!!!

2. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Honest opinions from people who have this, is it really worth getting?

Captured Prey is giving people the option to get a refund if they bought it during Black Friday and get the rest of their order shipped out since this product is still not in-stock.

The more I look at it, the more it doesn't really seem worth the $71. The fact that it's holding up the rest of my order is kind of a pain as well.

3. Raiju

Raiju Stormborn Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Honestly, I say no, having owned it and customizing the figure so it suits my tastes better. MP-22 Ultra Magnus is just around the corner for an MP display, and FP City Commander does a better job of giving us a Classics UM. But for an IDW or FOC display, this kit works OK but only as a stand in until something better comes along, I think.

4. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As someone that is a huge FoC/WfC fan, I was looking very forward toward this set. Sadly, it wound up being a ridiculously expensive mass of plastic. When they cut back the project to omit the trailer mode part, it made me take a 2nd look. Alas, the changes were (to me) much worse and still carried a hefty price tag.

This was a great project on paper. It did not work well in application as the final decisions taken pretty much tanked it. If it was $30, I would consider it. $71? There are much better 3rd party products those funds could go toward.

5. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

I lost all interest in this kit when they decided not to do the trailer.

6. Grindar

Grindar Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yep. No trailer killed all interest in it for me as well.

7. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

Aside from the world's floppiest hips, I think this set is really nice. Mine stands with Gen Springer and MMC Azalea. It's plastic quality is great, and the way it attaches to the core bot is super solid. Plus I love the face.

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I've actually filmed an impressions video of this guy who is currently scheduled to release some time in January.

In short I dig him. He's not MP. FansProject looks like an unposable brick. I've BS'd a decent trailer mode in my eyes. I don't regret owning him and he is a major force on my shelf.

That said I wouldn't hold it against someone for getting a refund if they haven't received it yet. Personally I find him cool.

9. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I LOVE mine :)  A few mods, mind... Wouldn't bother with the upgrade kid for God Bomber though since I've restricted myself to MP's.

If you want an awesome CHUG style Magnus, go for it, but the lack of a legitimate alt mode may be bit of a downer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alt mode... "alt" mode...

I added the wheels, though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. victoryconvoy

victoryconvoy Well-Known Member

i have it and im not that crazy about it any more. If you really want a magnus get city commander or wait till you see if the rumors of a leader class magnus are true

11. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I can post pictures too... :p 
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Skyfire87

Skyfire87 Phase 6r

Honestly? I really like mine, and don't regret the purchase. But I don't think its worth the price. Though, you got yours for $20 less than me. Still, someone is bound to make more magni. Tw is making one, and while it may be a while, I am confident we will indeed get it. But this is a good enough stand in for a classics magnus until that better version comes along. I still think city commander is king. It's less articulated, sure, but it still feels more magnus to me.
    This is well said.

13. iamgnahk

iamgnahk Well-Known Member

Just got an FoC Magnus + Mebsuta from the sales section here on TFW. Gotta say, I love the thing. Looks really, really imposing. Got an issue with the loose hips as well, but nothing too drastic. He stands just fine.

Wish I had the iGear add-on though. That hammer is beautiful.

14. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    iGear add-on?

15. sephron13

sephron13 Well-Known Member

I like mine well enough. I never got the FP City Commander set, so this is a nice stand-in for my default Ultra Magnus. I did a few fixes to the joints, especially the hips as others have stated. I think he looks cool enough, especially when surrounded by other Lost Lighters.

16. iamgnahk

Specifically, it's the iGear addon for City Commander, but it works well with this Magnus as well.

17. Raiju

News Credits:
  18. iamgnahk

Man, those new hips sure do look good. I don't have the fodder needed to whip something like that up though.

19. Raiju

News Credits:
    City Commander may be a partsforming brick with limited articulation, but it's the upgrade kit that started the 3P craze and speaking as a display-over-play kinda collector, CC does its job well of giving us a great looking Classics UM on our display shelves.

Nice paint apps. The white thighs really do a good job of breaking up that sea of blue.

Sweet. I oughta invest in those Tamashii special effect parts.

Thanks, much appreciated. Yeah, the parts I used aren't exactly common enough to be used as kitbash fodder but I had a lot of fun experimenting and putting my mods together just the same. It's definitely a learning process with a lot of trial and error.

20. dalekslayer96

dalekslayer96 Well-Known Member

Should I get the Hasbro version of Magnus just so I can pair it with this set or should I buy the shiny Takara version and ignore this kit?