Transformation Guides

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Wallas, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Wallas

Wallas The Polish Toy Guy

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wallas Transformation Guides

Hello, I'm Wallas, the Polish toy guy. While I'm slowly returning to video-reviewing in English, I've decided that I will also produce transformation guides for toys in my collection. It's only the beginning, as I do run a regular review channel in Poland, but as I like working in English, this may likely become a regular part of my activity as well.

Here are the first guides I made with more to come soon. Your feedback on their overall quality as well as individual sections and more will be highly appreciated as these films are made for your convinience.

Transformation Guide for Scout Class Hubcap - Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons
    Transformation Guide for Scout Class Hubcap - Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons - YouTube

As well as one which was made by popular demand of my English audience.

Classics Ultra Magnus with City Commander Armour
    Classics Ultra Magnus with City Commander Armour - transformation guide - Wallas Toy Reviews - YouTube

I hope these videos will be useful to you. You are more than welcome to suggest your own entries for the series, granting I have the given toy in my hold, I will try to fullfill the request.

2. xe07

xe07 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Excellent Idea Wallas!

3. Wallas

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    New guide added.

How to transform TF Classics Deluxe Starscream (Vehicle to Robot) - YouTube

I think I will do them one way and add backward conversion when requested by people. I will differentiate the direction of the transformation by putting alt modes in the preview for alt mode-to-robot and robot modes in robot-to-alt mode. If that makes enough sense.

Feel free to suggest future entries to the series. I know I was asked to do vehicle to robot guide for RID Sideburn, and I'm currently dusting off the fellow for the purpose, but I'm open to other suggestions.

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude you let me know when you tackle the Big Convoy mold. YOU LET ME KNOW.

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Phase... Two. Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Runtime: 2:00:00

6. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'LL WATCH IT

It's the one thing I can't transform.

7. Wallas

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    As long as I can go straight from mammoth to robot mode. The attack mode is almost as silly as Primus's.

And I still say Big Convoy is much less frustrating than Magmatron, who at times is just pain despite my adoration for the toy when I don't have to transform him.

8. Wallas

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hello again.

Recently I'm feeling like I need to diversify the type of materials I do between my Polish and English channels, so I'm thinking of reviving this cycle. Not reviews, just gimmick and transformation guides without trying to judge the toys. I do a lot of in-depth analysis on my main PL outlet, so this could be an interesting change that saves me from repeating myself in a different language (not to mention my English reviews don't reach out to as many people as the Polish ones).

Given the recent developments in YT tech, I can try doing it in 1080p 50fps format, my trusty camera and video editor both support this.

I remember that back in the days people requested RID Sideburn and BW Neo Big Convoy, but if you have other ideas, I'm happy to listen: while I don't have lots and lots of TFs like some of you, I do have a decent amount, especially from post-2000 era. So if there's any robot in disguise on your mind, please share and I'll see what can be done. Until I get some feedback from you I'll try to go slow and steady, testing the format with small-to moderate (let's say, Voyager) toys.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

9. Wallas

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    [Polish Toy Guy used REVIVE]

I think I want to try recording some transformation guides over the summer to both diversify my work as a billingual toy reviewer and to see how people find this kind of content. Not that I will drop English reviews completely for the upcoming future, but sometimes it is kind of hard to gather enough resolve to record the same review in only a different language.

The first of these new conversion guides is Classics Voyager Optimus Prime, and it's a two-way presentation going from vehicle to robot and back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeeGRTJYFiA

I have a few ideas for the next episodes, but if you have your own picks or suggestions how these picks should work to be useful, please let me know, all input is appreciated.

10. Wallas

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Alright, now it's time for Classics Voyager Megatron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r-TSXO6UqA

I'll try to pace up now, one smaller sequence is already recorded and awaits editing. As always, suggestions what could be transformed next are welcomed.

11. Wallas

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  12. Wallas

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I decided to revive this topic as my main base for transformation guides, which I will do more frequently now alongside reviews. As of now I'm thinking of focusing the guides on the Movie and post-series, and for them the guide will come first with a review following if enough people will want to hear my opinion on a given toy. I also might record videos for older toys, before or after or together with the review, if I feel the inspiration or see a feedback-based need for such a recording.

Also, from now on these videos will always be two-way for dual-moders, with multi-moders, I'll see as I come to them :) 

With that said, here are the videos I made after the guide for RID Starscream.

How to transform DELUXE SKULLSMASHER from Transformers Titans Return

How to transform LEGENDS WHEELIE from Transformers Titans Return

How to transform REAL GEAR LONGVIEW from Transformers Movie 2007

How to transform DELUXE WARPATH from Transformers Generations

More of these on the way :) 

13. Wallas

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I really need to update this topic, since I now started to post How To Transform videos on a regular basis, and I want to keep this place up with the content on my WTR channel. Let's do that now.

Previously in How To Transform with Wallas Toy Reviews...

DELUXE BARRICADE from Transformers 5 : The Last Knight

WARRIOR THUNDERHOOF from Transformers Robots In Disguise

WARRIOR SOUNDWAVE from Transformers Robots In Disguise

WARRIOR POWER SURGE OPTIMUS PRIME from TF Robots In Disguise

DELUXE PREMIER EDITION BUMBLEBEE from TF: The Last Knight

I will add the rest in the next update, it seems I can't link more than five videos in one go.

And while I still intend to keep doing reviews, as my channel name states, I admit this type of video just feels like a better idea for various reasons, so I will probably record more of these ratio-wise :) 

With that said, there are two more things I would like to cover now:
    A) I started receiving specific toy requests under the videos, and will try to use them when choosing what to transform next. So, feel free to give some suggestions in this topic as well. I need to take care of the RID Sideburn and BW Neo Big Convoy some replies above, too. Just remember my access to toys is not as wide or fast as with people living in Japan and US, I'd probably be able to grow a decent beard before Power Of The Primes arrives here ;) 
    B) For now my previews are made using alt mode pictures to tell them apart from review previews, but what do you think would make more sense, or what should the previews include? That could be interesting to know, too.

See you next transformation!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  14. Wallas

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Alright, one more update to match the channel video count.

DELUXE TRIGGERHAPPY from Transformers: Titans Return

DELUXE IDW MEGATRON from Transformers: Generations

VOYAGER CRUMPLEZONE from Transformers Cybertron

SCOUT RANSACK from Transformers Cybertron

I'm also starting a request list that I hope to gradually fulfill, combining suggestions from here and my YT comments. If it's down there, then I have some version of that mold to film.
    1. Beast Wars Neo Big Convoy
    2. RID 2001 Deluxe Sideburn (can be done using New Style / Supercharge red version)
    3. RTS Voyager Lugnut
    4. Armada Super Optimus Prime
    5. Movie 2007 Voyager Ironhide (can be done using Allspark Power Offroad version)

I hope to record new video(s?) over the weekend, so the list will be updated again soon :) 

15. Wallas

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Alright, time to add a new batch of guides here.

DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG from Transformers: Power Of The Primes (dinosaur <--> robot, robot --> arm, dinosaur --> leg)

Classics Voyager ULTRA MAGNUS with CITY COMMANDER ARMOR 2018 HD Edition (vehicle <--> robot, trailer <--> armor, weapons change and installation, robot <--> armored robot)

DELUXE BUMBLEBEE CAMARO 1976 from Transformers Movie 2007 (robot --> vehicle only; follow-up to the full review that covers all gimmicks and vehicle -->robot)

I'm especially happy with Magnus, as the previous version was rough cut with new English dub based on the Polish version, as I did not have access to the toy for a long while. This time I managed to do it completely from scratch after re-getting my hands on the set and expanded it include much more stuff inside :) 

16. Wallas

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    And two more guides were uploaded, this time for Classics Mirage and Titans Return Highbrow :) 

I think I will try this "one recent, one old, repeat" approach for the time being, unless I receive suggestions for doing otherwise from people.

17. Wallas

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    By the Circle Builders themselves, I need to bring this place up to date; something new had to pop up since my last post here.

The Last Knight Voyager Megatron

Power Of The Primes Legends Tailgate

Movie 1 Voyager Ratchet

Revenge Of The Fallen Deluxe Gears

And two more from this very week:
    Real Gear Speed Dial 800

And Robots In Disguise 2001 Deluxe X-Brawn (using the New Style / Supercharge paint scheme)
    How To Transform: DELUXE X-BRAWN (Transformers Robots In Disguise 2001)

More on the way, I'm back into regular (hopefully) recording with new wave of spare time, and I'll adress some of the older requests soon, too.