Transformation advice and Fixes for XTB MX-1 Apollyon Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by HoosierDaddy, May 14, 2015.

1. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
  2. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Transform and Roll Out!

Adding some more to this.

Here is a few fixes I have found on my own figure, and seen others post.

Barrel being loose: If you take a small screw driver and place it into the rivet, take a hammer and tap it a few times and it will tighten the barrel up nicely. Make sure there is something to support the flat part of the rivet. Anything to keep you from knocking it out more. You want to push them tighter, not hammer the rivet out.

Legs not wanting to collapse or retract: Make sure all tabs from the black kibble are not plugged in. Also, make sure you push the leg release for it to collapse. (Some missed this part)

Ball Joint replacement is too tight: Just sand down the Ball joint itself a little. Test fit it. If it is still tight, sand the joint a little more, until it fits nicely and moves but is still tight.

Head/Helmet getting scratched: Make sure when you transform him, you turn the head backwards. If it is faces to the front it will scratch and also make the chest harder to collapse.

Chest not collapsing: Same thing. Head backwards. But also make sure you keep the red side pieces pushed in while collapsing the chest down. Also, make sure the arm swivel is not in the way. And an issue I found, the back piece that allows the metal to move for the arms must be lined up just right, or it will catch and either break or keep the chest from collapsing correctly.

Legs not fully collapsing down fully: This one you just got to make sure the feet are completely pulled down. Also, watch the angle of the legs when going into the hip part. It should be tilted ever so slightly to collapse correctly.

False Piston on elbow doesn't move: Just loosen the screw on it ever so slightly. Will make it loose enough to move freely, but not so loose the arm flops around.

Cannon Not working once Batteries are installed: After I installed my batteries, I noticed that the cannon would not turn on. To fix this, add a small piece of cardboard on each side of the battery housing. Worked perfect.

Hope these help you guys out.

Best Regards,

3. Xkcer Man

Xkcer Man Autobot

News Credits:
    Once the batteries are in my cannon, I can't get it to turn off. Has this happened to anyone else?

4. Optimus Dime

It's an issue with the plastic in the cannon. Most peoples are too small, why I added the fix. For you, just take an axacto knife and trip that piece down that turns. Just be careful not to trim off too much.

OR, if you look the metal clip that touch to turn it on may be bent in and always touching. Check that before doing any cutting.

Best Regards,

5. Optimus Dime

I will keep this updated as I see more posted. Hoosier, you are welcome to put this on the first page.

Here is a few fixes I have found on my own figure, and seen others post.

Barrel being loose: If you take a small screw driver and place it into the rivet, take a hammer and tap it a few times and it will tighten the barrel up nicely. Make sure there is something to support the flat part of the rivet. Anything to keep you from knocking it out more. You want to push them tighter, not hammer the rivet out.

Also, thanks to tabturf for this fix for rivets.

If doing the above suggested by tabturf. Make sure you heat it slowly so you do not melt the plastic.

Legs not wanting to collapse or retract: Make sure all tabs from the black kibble are not plugged in. Also, make sure you push the leg release for it to collapse. (Some missed this part)

Ball Joint replacement is too tight: Just sand down the Ball joint itself a little. Test fit it. If it is still tight, sand the joint a little more, until it fits nicely and moves but is still tight.

Head/Helmet getting scratched: Make sure when you transform him, you turn the head backwards. If it is faces to the front it will scratch and also make the chest harder to collapse.

Chest not collapsing: Same thing. Head backwards. But also make sure you keep the red side pieces pushed in while collapsing the chest down. Also, make sure the arm swivel is not in the way. And an issue I found, the back piece that allows the metal to move for the arms must be lined up just right, or it will catch and either break or keep the chest from collapsing correctly.

Legs not fully collapsing down fully: This one you just got to make sure the feet are completely pulled down. Also, watch the angle of the legs when going into the hip part. It should be tilted ever so slightly to collapse correctly.

False Piston on elbow doesn't move: Just loosen the screw on it ever so slightly. Will make it loose enough to move freely, but not so loose the arm flops around.

Cannon Not working once Batteries are installed: After I installed my batteries, I noticed that the cannon would not turn on. To fix this, add a small piece of cardboard on each side of the battery housing. Worked perfect.

Cannon not shutting off once Batteries are installed: One of these two things could be the reason.

One: The plastic on the switch it too long, if so just take an axacto knife and trim that piece down that turns. Just be careful not to trim off too much.

Two: If you look at the metal clip that touches the batteries to turn it on, it may be bent in and always touching. So just unbending it can fix it. Check that before doing any cutting on the plastic.

Hope these help you guys out.

Best Regards,

6. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

How do these rivit work? Before I try a soldering iron, I want to better understand how that would fix it. I always thought it was a tool that pressed from both ends.

7. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    The information on the elbow piston is incorrect, it can be made to move with the arm. It does however require a precision screwdriver. It requires you to screw the screw in & out a few times until the joint is loose enough.

How did I work this out? I did as suggested, and loosened the screw. The middle part on mine didn't budge until I had completely removed the screw. When I started to put it back in, I noticed the XT free screwdriver was doing minor damage to the screw head & then grabbed a precision screwdriver set. So then I went about putting the screw in & out trying to find the perfect tightness that would let me pull the middle part out, but the screw would be flush to the plastic.

And I accidentally discovered that the middle part loosened up enough to work with the joint.

8. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    A lot of good info here. Thanks guys.

9. Grimmrock

Grimmrock Dinobot

I used this one as well. Very clear and just 60 seconds. He also shows a way to loosen up the shoulder joint a bit without any sanding or cutting. Worked just fine for me. The socket is still pretty tight, but I can move it wherever I want if I just clasp the connector and his body to support it.

10. Nighthawkblack

Please take a look at my pic. Are these rivets hot glued or is this something else on the end? Looking for best way to permanently reattach it.

20150515_023844-1.jpg

11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That looks like plastic remnants. If that was mine I would just super glue the rivet back in and clamp it down until it dries.

12. Nighthawkblack

just regular crazy glue? Something for plastic or maybe threadlock, just wanting to do it right first time so is there any brand or type thats best?

The light from the flash is making it look grey or white but that material on the threads is actually clear. Wondering if it's hot glue.

13. The Last Prime

The Last Prime Nope

Does anyone have an issue where the abdomen sits kind of cockeyed when looking at the figure straight on? Mine does, but besides a little scuff of paint on the chest, the tilt of the abdomen is the only issue mine has.

14. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    Yup, mine has it but it is just slightly tilted. I havent figured out how to fix it yet.

15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just regular crazy glue, yes. I can't imagine they would ever hot glue a rivet in like that - that makes no sense.

More likely it's the plastic just looks clear when shaved that thin. Or maybe it is some kind of threadlock.

16. The Last Prime

The Last Prime Nope

I have actually stuck a dime under his abdomen until i can find something better, but that thickness seems just right and where he is on my shelf I can't even tell that it is there, but would like a better option.

17. Nighthawkblack

I noticed the same thing after transformation. Not sure if the waist attachment is bent or there is a spring from spinning his waist 360 that is causing it to sit crooked maybe if there is a spring, it's sitting on a tab or something. Is there anyway to contact xtb without face book?

18. The Last Prime

The Last Prime Nope

I might have to just disassemble that abdomen area to try to find the issue, but kind of iffy on doing that.

19. Vwfan88

Vwfan88 Autobruh

mine tilts to the left where the canon sits. maybe the weight of the canon?

20. The Last Prime

The Last Prime Nope

I don't think it's a weight issue with the tilt.