Transform Element TE-03 Speed Star (G1 Mirage)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by oku, Dec 3, 2019.

1. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    No tampos please. Needs to mimic Cell Sphynx style wise, especially considering it has accurate knees and feet.

I'm sure someone like Oceans/Eness will come along with transfers of real world alt anyways and they look factory applied when done. That's much easier than removing them.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not bad but the hip skirt hinges on a TE figure should never actually match the surrounding colors because...reasons

mhip.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  3. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Here's a tiny bit of chrome. I don't think they'll do it looking at their Prime, but just in case:

TEMirageCr.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  4. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

He looks really really good, but I'm just tired of the replacement game. Prowl mold would be the last one that I would really consider.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Ha ha ha! That was 100% intentional and I'm glad it didn't go unnoticed. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jakedc1997

Jakedc1997 Well-Known Member

Look I don\'t follow masterpiece super closely but, isn\'t the MMC Mirage like a gold standarx 3P MP? Is there really a market for this? 

• Like Like x 1
  7. BenLeong

BenLeong Well-Known Member

That... looks pretty much spot-on perfect. 

8. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They could do that. Or they could do it right and make the figure look good instead.

• Like Like x 3
  9. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    And you can put that shit on yourself, like I said. Everyone wins.

Or stick with Sphynx who has all that shit on already. I have a feeling they'll be plentiful and cheap soon.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I do like the body in many aspects, ab crunches are good. The face is kinda boring though. That’s one of the big problems I had with TE-01. Doesn’t really look like Mirage much upload_2019-12-5_7-16-17.jpeg upload_2019-12-5_7-18-19.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  11. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I might buy that if they weren't already on the v3 and possibly a 4th version coming any minute... What I don't get is why they do it? Other than the head, which they made available for v1 buyers, the first version was just fine. Sure, the updates are in most cases better, but I think it pisses more people off than the new versions are appreciated...and everybody would have been just fine with the original figure with new head and thought TE was a super impressive group making quality figures. Now instead, people wonder if they should just wait for the better version to come out...

12. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

Me too... just when I thought my Mirage was as good as I'd like it to be in the Ocular Max Cell version. Now I have to weigh up this and decide what to do, sell and swap-out or stick with what I have... Give us a new Perceptor mold... please, please, please!! It's the only character I really want to get that probably deserves a re-design... for me anyhow.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope the put some ratchets in the hips, the MMC Sphinx suffers a bit from inadequate friction if I recall correctly. Throw in a proper neck and I might just be tempted. Their TE01 is all colours of awesome!

14. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

If it's better, there will be a market while MP is the line of choice.

I think Sphinx is a nice figure, but I always thought he was just a bit off on the aesthetics, but more than good enough if nothing better ever came along. I just always assumed official would be that potential option... Now that official figures have doubled/tripled in price, this guy might be considered if the price is right and depending on what they do with their v1, v2, v3 bullshit...but Sphinx affords me plenty of patience and lack of any FOMO.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sovietbot

Sovietbot Autobot from USSR

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    After it there should be a red Diaclone version and an unrealized G2 version of 1994

[​IMG] upload_2019-12-5_0-54-43.png

• Like Like x 2
  16. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    it's actually very far from being gold standard :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  17. toonbot

toonbot Well-Known Member

Perportions of the face are not toon accurate. Watch next week FT releases images of theirs. :rock 

• Like Like x 1
  18. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    i couldn't agree anymore what they had done with te-01 was a dick move and got a bit pissed off with it myself but the difference looking at this figure and the first release of te-01 there does not seem to be anything that's a glaring problem so far! ie: shit headsculpt , shoulder indent and clear windows that looked much better without being able to see all that detail behind them , maybe the facesculpt could do with a little rework but unlike te-01's original headsculpt which in my opinion is just plain shit ( i know others will not agree with that ) it's not actually that bad and i quite like it

the jury is still out and as i said hopefully te-01 was a big learning curve

19. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a market for everything. My personal opinion is that Sphinx fits the old TT authentic that answered the question of "What would a robot look like that turned into a real world car". This figure fits the new authentic that answers the question "How much shell forming can we get away with to make a car turn into a cartoon character?"

• Like Like x 6
  20. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not in my book (however limited my POV may be). Even the later releases of the mold tended to sag in the front in alt mode (not sure why) and there's just something off about him IMHO. He's due a fresh perspective and if TE can top MMC's version then I'll bite.

• Like Like x 1