Transform Element TE-03 Speed Star (G1 Mirage)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by oku, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Rasbot

Rasbot Well-Known Member

That Same part of the engine popped off on mine. Make sure to check your carpet.

2. mrspingly

mrspingly Well-Known Member

Your picture shows the thing I like least about Speed Star - the hollowed pieces labelled 05 and 06. So ugly!

3. frankacy

frankacy Member

So I went through ShowZ and got a replacement leg to fix the green ankle issue on my copy. However, it seems like I need to remove a pin in order to make the swap. Can anyone who’s gotten a replacement leg confirm this?

4. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

Has this guy been reissued?

5. BumbleDouche

BumbleDouche Active Member

Hey guys, I remember seeing a post a while back where someone had created & shared some custom Masterpiece-style tech spec cards for characters that didn't have their own (e.g. like for 3rd party figures). Although my memory is notoriously unreliable (to the point where I might have dreamt this whole scenario lol), the standouts I (seemingly) recall from that old post included some cards made up for the ancient iGear versions of the Coneheads, all done in the style of the original MP Tech Spec cards (that is, on front: mostly black, with the robot mode art on either a red or purple grid, then back: bio, tech spec numbers and photo of the alt. mode). That post also contained scans of official tech spec cards, from which I printed out & made my own cards for MP-08 & MP-10 (since the Hasbro versions I had didn't come with Takara-style cards), ensuring there was a tech spec record of both (fairly major) characters within my card collection. It was a very useful & rather satisfying resource.

Anyway, relevant to this thread: earlier today I was flipping through my collection of MP & MP-scaled figures' cards when I went into a mildly nutso rage searching for what I thought was a missing card - that of TE-Speed Star/Mirage here. It took me a good half hour or so before I remembered the darn thing didn't even come with a card (or instructions) in the first place. Now that I've remembered this "problem" (and I use the term loosely lol) exists, the absence of a tech spec for Mirage in my card collection is a detail that's driving me slightly (more) bonkers.

I therefore thought that, before needlessly committing myself to hours on creating what would inevitably be a sub-par custom card of my own design, it might be worthwhile to ask whether anyone here shares this particular mental disorder and perhaps has something of the sort already made up for themselves they'd be willing to share? To be clear, I'm not necessarily asking for something that is formatted exactly like the old MP tech specs (none of the 3rd party or even the new MP cards match with those anyway), I just mean something that fits in similarly with the others in terms of tech specs, bio, etc. & that can be printed as a front/back, then stuck together to form a double-sided card that actually fits into a collectable card slip. I'd ideally then use this to fill the slot for Mirage, so I can at least see that there is something there for the character in my card collection (other than a Post-it note with "Mirage" written on it, I mean).

What say you, guys? Have I just got too much spare time on my hands or can anyone help? lol

PS: I feel for you guys who have QC problems with TE-03 :(  I received mine during the original run & the thing was perfect! But if it makes anyone feel any better, it looks as though my MP Beast Megatron's stress-cracked plastic crotch is about to split open...? :S

6. Venserlord

Venserlord Active Member

So I got the wrong color ankle panel but the leg was perfect otherwise. Ask for a replacement, it was fixed on the replacement but had tons of blimishes and some paint mismatching on the calf so not using it. Showz said they wouldn't ship another. Anyone have a recommendation for a color match paint?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lord Mechatron

Lord Mechatron Supreme Commander

Instagram:
    Havent' frequent here too often, but I thought the only real issue this figure had was the hips that were fixable. I ordered my copy from Aliexpress and received it today and was disappointed to see my copy has the dreaded green ankles. SMH, how did these even pass the assembly line? A bit of a let down but it could be worst. Outside of that I got a got a good copy, had to tighten some of the screws a tad but overall I like him. I still like MMC's Spinx, so not sure if I'm going to sell mines or not.

8. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

Whats the height of this figure?

9. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    Don't have him in hand at the moment, but he's pretty much your standard Tak\Tom MP carbot height. 6-7 inches approximately.

10. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

Can anyone compare this figure with the siege Mirage?

11. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I don't have Siege Mirage, but TE Mirage is a hair shorter than 6.5". He's MP-height, being a scootch taller than most carbots (for comparison, MP Prowl and MP Sideswipe are about 6 3/8").

12. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

He's regular MP carbot height.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  13. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

Does anyone here own both TE Mirage and MMC Mirage? And which do you prefer?

14. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

I used to. I sold my MMC Mirage shorty after I received my TE Mirage. I vastly prefer the cartoon aesthetic of TE Mirage to the design of MMC Mirage.

• Like Like x 3
  15. kamifushou

kamifushou Well-Known Member

Fully agree with Mystic. Mmc is just too old and the engineering is dated. Primarily the feet are too unstable since it has no mechanism to lock the tire which is essentially the heel. TE is also very cartoon aesthetic which wasn’t the trend when mmc came out. The alt mode maybe more real world though so if you like that style get it for at least that

• Like Like x 1
  16. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TE. At least for robot mode, because it has actual feet instead of the "just turn the rear spoiler up" thing a lot of Mirage molds do. As others have said, the design is showing its age. The alt mode is fine, nothing to write home about. That's where the MMC version still shines, with its more realistic proportions.

If I had to choose one though it would be TE for the superior bot mode since that's more important to me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Peacefather

Peacefather Collaborative Octus when?

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The "just turn the rear spoiler up" thing is a G1 toy reference and in my opinion a nice use of the car kibble.

18. darkeros

darkeros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Here are some comparison pictures I was keeping in my PC. Credits for the owner of the photos I remember both was a member TFW2005 but I can't remember their nick names.

Personally I have MMC Sphinx because I am obsessed with facesculpts I always thought Speedstars face is a copy of MP-27 Ironhide.

116125208_1263066287377129_8944320620075410181_o.jpg

116045929_1258784211138670_2769098775189486173_o.jpg 110169809_1258785954471829_6018913227573772310_o.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  19. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is, but Invisible and Sphinx already did it that way, so this was was a refreshing change of pace. Particularly since those two have always been a pita in the ass to stand up properly in a nice pose (my Sphinx always tended to list forward ever so slightly on the shelf after a while). So I like the convenience of the nice flat bottomed feet.

20. mrspingly

mrspingly Well-Known Member

I like TE for bot mode (although he definitely needs some Toyhax stickers all over him) and MMC for alt mode. The MMC car is just lovely.