Transform Element TE-03 Speed Star (G1 Mirage)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by oku, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

• Like Like x 1
  2. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just had an e-mail from my ebay seller, they have received replacement parts for this and have shipped them out today. I'm surprised because I thought TE weren't good with the replacement parts thing. They are sending out a brand new pair of legs (I got green ankles on both mine).

• Like Like x 2
  4. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Instagram:
    Unfortunately the best you'll get out of TFSource is a replacement, replacement parts or store credit. I've been going back and forth with them as well...first figure delivered had a green ankle and I sent it back for what was going to be store credit, only to find a couple weeks later that they instead sent me a second figure, which ALSO turned out to have a green ankle (albeit the opposite ankle of the first). When I recontacted them they said that they have replacement parts for me but that the replacement is difficult and thus wanted me to send the second figure back for repairs. This I did last week, and so far haven't heard anything else back...

I don't really blame TFSource as this is a ridiculous QC error and TE is not very communicative. I'm completely unimpressed with TE though and am not too sure I even want the figure anymore, even if it had correct ankles. I doubt I'll ever buy anything else they make...

• Like Like x 1
  5. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    TE doesn't offer direct support to end customers like FT, XTB/KFC. or MMC does.
    For TE support you have to go through your seller or retailer. DX9 and Zeta operates the same way.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jim1981

Jim1981 Well-Known Member

A few months ago I read a lot of messages of TE should do this character or do that character... they looked like the promising new kid on the block...Te-01 is amazing, but the QC issues of speedstar are widespread. First the hips and lately the foot panels. Also we haven’t heard any activity from them for a long while. I am still waiting for my second replacement Thigh for my issue. The first time I had 2 right thighs and the replacement left thigh had a nasty scratch.

7. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still hoping they'll bring a out a toy/real-world colours version of Speed Star, with darker blue and more racing livery (and fewer QC issues)... but so far, nothing.

8. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

I'll take whatever new figures TE wants to make, I love Speed star, the green ankle thing is super weird but I'll take Speed Star with a green ankle over any other Mirage out there (hypothetically cause I didn't get a green ankle)

• Like Like x 4
  9. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I hope they do red diaclone version. I missed out on the red diaclone MMC Sphinx but now I prefer the look and quality of the TE Mirage mold much better.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Arkine

Arkine Throws the boxes away.

Mine has a green foot, I don't really mind since its almost impossible to see in bot mode but I'd like to know if they'll be issuing replacement parts for these.

Also, why the green part to begin with?

11. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I feel the same way.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stryder Wolfe

Instagram:
    Well after returning TE-03 twice TFsource sent me one without green ankles that they cobbled together from two bad ones.

7517391D-6E9B-40EF-9546-139F1C8BD426.jpeg

Fantastic, right? Well one would think so. Silly me I decided to transform it, carefully using Emgo’s JTI video as a guide.

80896F93-4971-4EE2-B393-3AD9CFF127BD.jpeg 989D24C8-FECF-453D-95F8-196B4A616C06.jpeg E9219AD9-9969-4606-9CB5-FCC8658D538C.jpeg 7FCE8F6C-073F-45E1-9F0A-22A0EC629E5A.jpeg

Easy transformation but just going from robot to car one time I had THREE(!?!) non-removable parts pop right off! :mad: :mad: :mad:  One a serious break that’s quite hard to repair.

In case you think I lack credentials, I’ve transformed all five XTB Stunticons and Takara Hound multiple times without breaking anything, but this guy crumbles at my touch. What a shit show. Pretty looking but utterly cheap garbage. Fuck TE. Avoid this tire fire and wait for FT or hopefully Takara to do a proper version.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stardiver

Stardiver Well-Known Member

Oh dear! What popped off out of interest? May be worth keeping an eye on in case of future breakages.

14. Stryder Wolfe

Instagram:
    1. Part of the missile launcher (easy fix - just wasn’t glued at the factory)

2. Riveted little hook-shaped filler part in vehicle mode...the rivet was completely loose right out of the box. They should have either pinned this or used a screw. I stuck it back in place with a drop or two of future and it’s holding now but is technically partsforming at this point.

3. One of the blue shoulder panels...the thin black rectangle that it mounts to just sheared apart. I’ve tried to superglue it while maintaining both the panel articulation and the hinge but I don’t have confidence it will hold. Those black pieces are ridiculously weak. Likely this part will also be partsforming from now on...

All of this combined with the overall bad plastic quality, the multiple green ankles, the misassembled hips (that I luckily missed out on), the plethora of ugly sprue marks and the poor tolerances overall make any future TE offering a no-go for me, no matter how pretty it looks in pictures. TE is dead to me now.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. silith210518

silith210518 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That sucks :(  I had to do the thigh fix which in the end loosened his left knee but that was about it. Horrible to hear the crap you've been through with this guy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stardiver

Stardiver Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear it man. The missile launcher gives me pause as well at times, getting it through in transformation is really snug. All in one is nice but I'd rather it was just removable. Same with those filler parts, they just seem too thin and delicate.

Thank you for the info though at least, will keep an eye on mine next I mess with him.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Stryder Wolfe

Instagram:
    I should have known when my go-to Canadian retailer ages3andup never even offered te03 for sale that it wasn’t worth buying...oh well live and learn...

18. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

not saying your experience isn't valid, but aside from either green ankles or misassembled hip joints your experience seems contrary to most. perhaps TFSource messed things up when they tried to cluge together a good one from two bad ones?

• Like Like x 4
  19. Novascreamer

Novascreamer cannon fodder

News Credits:
    Any word on TE's next G1 release might be? Seems like its been a long time since anything new has been announced.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Stryder Wolfe

Instagram:
    Maybe but I don't think so since all of the problems are in the upper body and TFSource only messed with the pins on one of the legs AFAIK...

• Like Like x 1