Transform Element TE-03 Speed Star (G1 Mirage)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by oku, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The head that comes on it isn't meant to use the other faceplate. You can unscrew it and put in the smile face, but doesn't exactly fit back together perfectly. The other head does not have a screw and just splits apart to swap the other two faces.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Raika

Raika Well-Known Member

Ah, okay. Thank you very much.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cogwheels

Cogwheels Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine came today from TFS-Express (UK) and has the green right ankle . It's kinda gross and Transform Element should be embarrassed this has happened given the QC roulette of this figure to date. Mine even has a QC30 sticker on the ankle in question.

Fortunately everything else is great. The hips are assembled correctly. The joints are tight. No paint blemishes. I don't want to have to send this figure back incase I get another lemon but the green ankle is inexcusable and I'm not sure how the part could be replaced without changing the whole leg

4. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Curious to hear what they do for you... Mine is en route and assume it will have the same thing based on the reports of this run.

5. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Amazing that the hip issues have seemingly been replaced by the green ankle issue.

To be honest, I'm now glad I wasn't put off by the hips and kept faith in my v1. The only thing I have wrong is a missing half of the engine, but TFS-Express are getting the spare part for me. That's a far better position than the 'grankle' problem that needs a more intricate fix.

Nevertheless, the hip issues should have made TE double down on QC and it seems not to be the case. I'm fearful of whatever they release in March to May next year because of the back-from-CNY crowd. If the current workforce is so lax, a bunch of newbies are going to be a barrel of laughs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

7. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got mine Tuesday from TFS-Express UK. Fixed hips and no green ankles. The only QC issue I can see is on one of the pieces that say Ford. The pin went in crooked and it's made the piece a little out of alignment. It's a little stiff to move. Not too worried about it though and it's hardly noticeable in both modes.

Also, does anyone know why he has sticker under his foot? It's says QC 02. Does each copy have a different number?

8. terencetrent

terencetrent Member

nice figure except for the green ankle as well, colors are not even really close. The pin also looks extremely hard to remove, making a part swap very hard. green ankle.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cogwheels

Cogwheels Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFS express have emailed me earlier to say that TFElement will not be providing replacement parts and that they are waiting to find out what can be done

10. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow that’s strange, mine seems about the same blue. This figure is fantastic but it seems to be a crapshoot with QC

06CF91ED-114A-4443-B0E7-8ECA35B72CBE.jpeg A7DE85E6-119E-4D5D-AFC4-326F30117A92.jpeg

11. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks Well-Known Member

I have QC 01 on mine, which meant absolutely nothing, as I had paint issues out of the box...
    20201028_132346.jpg

12. plastyxdistress

plastyxdistress Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sucks to hear the new potential QA/QC issues with the 2nd production batch figures. Hope your vendors can provide the aftersales support working with transform element to issue the necessary fixes.

Some of the assembly line staff may have a color-blindness handicap and/or just plain indifference to allow this snapfu out of the factory to distribution.

13. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

Anyone know where the QC sticker should be? I'm looking at him in bot mode and don't see it.

14. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks Well-Known Member

Bottom of one of the feet/toes.

15. ShmoopsMcGoo

ShmoopsMcGoo Well-Known Member

Oh man. I'm not getting the warm-fuzzies over a store being told they won't get replacement parts, especially with such a fairly poor job TE is doing on this figure overall. Hope this isn't death throes of a company already, they only had a couple-ish releases.

16. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

Ah damn I was worried it was there. Mine must've fallen off. I remember finding a small, round sticker with a 5 on it and that must've been it.

17. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Just got mine from The Chosen Prime, which means it's 2nd release. It has the green (unpainted) ankle, which I assume is going to be a running problem for the newer releases. Annoying, but at this point I'm afraid of what nonsense would be in a 3rd release, and the panel is on the inside bottom of the leg, so it's less visible. Also had one of the knee plates slightly askew, which was easily fixable with a screwdriver.

Build quality is mostly decent, with the exception of the thin round alt mode filler bits that store in the torso. The pins are shallow and come apart easily; I've already had to stuff one back into place with pliers. Other than that, everything is nice and tight. The leg transformation is a pain, mostly on account of lack of room to work; I have to untab one of the waist crunch bits to get everything in there.

I didn't bother scanning the QR code, which was maybe a mistake as almost all of the transformation vids are poorly explained and shot, with the exception of Magnum Prime's. Once I sorted out the crucial steps for the legs, it wasn't too terrible. Both modes look great; the visible feet in alt mode don't bother me as much in person as they did in pics. The one bit that actually worries me is the missile launcher, as there doesn't seem to be enough room to get it in and out of alt mode without stressing one of the front wheels, but maybe I'm missing something. (To be honest, I don't know what the benefit is of a permanently attached launcher if there's no storage for the missile?)

I would probably recommend picking up the 1st release and doing the hip fix, rather than get the 2nd release. That green panel is basically non-fixable, as opposed to the hips which are a no-brainer. It's a shame TE keeps making dumb mistakes like this, because the build quality is otherwise pretty good. He definitely scratches the itch for a toon look Mirage, and I assume there will be 3rd party stickers down the line to give him his F1 livery back.

-XCN-

EDIT: I'm assuming the engine block doesn't actually peg anywhere in bot mode, which is super dumb, as it's loose and likely to fall backwards.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  18. sndwv

sndwv Well-Known Member

Perhaps a good time to point out I still have two new v.1's for sale ;)  One perfect, one in (substantially) damaged box. Shipping from the Netherlands.

Official and 3rd party TF mega sale

• Like Like x 2
  19. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine arrived today from The Chosen Prime. Both of my foot pieces are discolored. I will be just paint matching the color. I will notify here what color I find.

- Gregg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    Had to break out my Speed Star again to check my figure’s feet after the complaints about coloring. My are fine *whew*. I didn’t notice anything wrong when I first got him, but just wanted to be sure.