Transform Element TE-01 (Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Jul 6, 2018.

1. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    No doubt. That can sink a company fast. Luckily they haven’t yet developed a reputation of QC issues. Their next release needs to be close to perfect otherwise they will start to get bad fan feedback and sales. But of what they have produced and released most of it is pretty solid

• Like Like x 2
  2. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, seems like the latest batchs are the ones with most issues. I still have my TE-01 V1 with the die cast knees and he is bombproof.

• Like Like x 3
  3. SpaceshipBruce87

SpaceshipBruce87 Active Member

Hello!

I'm a new member here but a long-time lurker and just wanted to share a few snaps. I've always been a TF fan since childhood but steered away from collecting. My only surviving TF from back in the day would you believe is Fort Max, I am so glad to still have it complete aside from the box, I guess he was too big and heavy for my parents to give away.

I was tempted to get an MP prime some time ago for display and finally caved in and picked up a v4 TE-01 last year. A nice solid figure, I appreciate the engineering but can't see myself transforming this guy much as it was a chore, but I am a newbie so practice makes perfect I guess.

TE-01 seems like the perfect one for me. I have added some of the Toy Hax labels and it makes the figure pop a bit more, especially having matching side windows. I also got the blast effects from NuSupply to complete the combat mode look, now I just need to get the new v2 neck and chest inserts to complete my prime!

I'm very happy with my purchase and I am tempted to get MP-45 Bee to go alongside prime. I do have a couple of QC issues with mine though, a crack on one of the foot sliders that seems common on this batch and scruffed paint on the wheel arches in alt mode. Any recommended paint for a touch-up?

Thanks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  4. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

If they made an Ultra Magnus version of TE-01 it'd be an instant buy. I'm looking for one right now but the only choices i'm finding in Masterpiece scale are Magic Square's MS-01w and MP-10u.

Do it, Transform Element. I want to give you money.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

quick correction, there is no offical mp-10u. closest is mp-711

• Like Like x 2
  6. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    Michael Myers invented the neck tilt. No matter what any fans of Black Christmas say, he was the OG.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    I’ve been sorely tempted to do the same, but hate the idea of spending $15 for just the cell-shaded windows. They told me that they have no plans to sell these or the MP-44 window stickers separately either.

8. transformer_78

transformer_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    @Christiano
    This is the free option:

• Like Like x 1
  9. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

Hey all! A while back there were links being shared in this thread to some kind of film that people were using to put in TE-01's chest windows. (I think it was something that is used for the tinting of car windows or something like that?)

Does anyone have that link?

10. RootNegative

RootNegative Well-Known Member

I recently got this guy out again to play with him, and wow, he just does so many things perfect. The transformation is just so spot on. I look at my MP-44 KO, think about transforming him, and say to myself "I'd rather do something fun instead". Now I know the KO isn't a fare comparison to the real MP-44, but the KO was the same price as TE-01. And TE-01 is so much better is just about every way. I will give that his articulation is probably his weakest point, but I just love everything else.

I also wanted this thread to include something besides talking about his windshields and neck extension, which is what I feel like I always see when checking up on the thread. Not a complaint, just an observation ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  11. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

This is it:

Window Tinting

I can verify myself that they do indeed send you three samples (and quickly too!) for free and you can tack some extra in there if you think you might need it. One sample is more than enough to do Prime's windows so pick different colors to experiment. I ordered mine for my MS-01 but it's the same people used on theirs here. :)  I've never heard from them again so they don't harass you after the fact either.

Here is where they were discussing it for this figure, or at least what I could find quickly so you can maybe order what other people did if you like it.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    I have TE-01 and the official... It's not just the knockoff that is like this. For some reason still unknown to me, after I'd purchased TE-01, I felt like I just had to have MP-44 to have the trailer, etc. So, I bought it, transformed it to robot mode, let it sit on a shelf for a while and then immediately transformed it back to the cab and display it with the trailer. And I can't stress enough just how much I never do anything like that. Out of 45-ish figures I currently own, I've transformed exactly two of them for purposes beyond getting, say, an XTB Andras from space puck into robot mode: MP-28, which was my first figure, and MP-44. Hot Rod, I just flipped back and forth for the sake of getting used to doing so. Then, after four or five times, I left him in alt mode. Then, about a year later, I got MP-44. Once into robot mode and then a few months ago, back to truck mode. That's the extent of my entire collection's transformations. Ever since then, TE-01 has taken over as my preferred Optimus Prime model.

MP-44 is just not a very enjoyable product for me to own.

14. Blingotron

I really don't get why these companies refuse to make trailers for any of the 3rd party Optimus Primes. I can't imagine people wouldn't buy them if they were available. Just try finding one on eBay or anywhere else without having to buy an official MP-10 or MP-44. I find a billion KBB MP-10v trailers but none that are Masterpiece scale.

Anyone have a guess why companies won't make them?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    My naked guess was always that, without the figure/cab included, they worried that the demand wouldn't justify the necessary price-point for such a large piece. But I don't really know if that's the case, because I would have assumed that somebody would make one with one of the figures. The best argument I could make is that Prime is such a commonly made character, that with Takara re-releasing one every couple years, they'd have hesitations over balancing the size of the package it would require with shipping with production costs and possible low demand.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Why not buy the MP-10 KO trailer?

17. tfcrafter

tfcrafter Customizer and LEGO MOCer

News Credits:
    Those are getting harder to find.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Blingotron

Extremely hard to find and when the rare occasion one pops up they are way too expensive. The one time I found a few on sale on eBay for a reasonable price I was tapped out and couldn't get one. Shit timing.

I was about to buy one of the KO Ultra Magnus MP-10u's that included the trailer from TF-Direct a little over a week ago and suddenly they went out of stock. I checked every day for a while to make sure they had them but in one day they were all gone. Again, shit timing.

So IDK, maybe i'll get lucky finding one but I hate using eBay.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SpaceshipBruce87

SpaceshipBruce87 Active Member

I too would be interested in a trailer for my TE-01. I understand that many people will just display the figure by itself so it might not be worth bundling one in with each figure sold but the option to get one separately would be nice. I think TE-01 has a nice alt mode and I would like to display it with a trailer if given the chance. Perhaps someone would make one to fit TE-01, KO MP-44, and MS LoF, there must be a market for it. Perhaps a KO MP44 trailer will surface eventually just as what happened with MP10. A few months ago I did see the KO MP 10 trailer on Aliexpress for a good price but I prefer the anime grey colour instead of the silver paint of the KO ver.

• Like Like x 1
  20. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am glad I bought a MP-10 trailer KO when TE-01 was released.

• Like Like x 1