Transform Element TE-01 (Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Starzie

Starzie Explosions Are Fun

Just got this guy in from Toy Dojo. I gotta say, this was a bit of an impulse purchase because I was more than happy with my MP-10. I am also not in the habit of buying more than one of each character. Still not crazy about the windshields on the V3 but I am super happy I got him despite waffling over it for a week. This figure feels solid and is what I would expect of the official stuff. Standing this guy next to MP10, I definitely like his proportions way more. I like the added detail on MP10, but TE-01 really nailed the toon look they were going for. And it's so clean and sleek. No kibble, no backpack. I haven't transformed him yet and I've heard it can be annoying, but for this clean a look? I can deal with annoying all day long! So happy I didn't pass on him.

If all of TE's stuff comes out like this, I will be hooked.

• Like Like x 3
  2. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    I bet there will be a definitive version, which will be their metallic release. Of which I will get. Even if I have V2, I am happy to have both. If I can get a white crotch replacement part, fine. Or maybe a shoulder without the indent. But really, I am fine if I never get those things. I love the model. It's fantastic.

I agree. Blue would be better, but if they are being faithful to the toy, it has to be yellow, and a lot of fans may not like the blue.

Welcome to the club my friend! Happy to see you in the TE01 realm. I agree that TE should release more G1 stuff, that was my first thought after getting this guy, But to my dismay, they have yet to release a model for a new G1 character, but if they do, and it is just as good as this, and is produced with the same level of quality, sans multiple upgrades over time.. Then heck yea, I am on their mail order list for life! I may even trade out G1 TT figures for theirs depending on how well they're done.

3. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

A metallic TE Prime would be cool

• Like Like x 4
  4. skywarp-2

Ebay:
    I sometimes wonder what that would look like, and I am wondering if they do it, will it have all the fixes, and smoked windows all around? Including the side windows. Or would it be better for it to be more like V2? That is something I struggle with, but for me, the Metallic version should come with the smoked windows, and some new metallic exclusive accessories to go with it. And a G1 Toy sculpted head, with silver mouth, and so on. That would be a very special edition indeed!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just gotta say I love how much you love TE-01, always keeping the hype alive!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blazing Mewtwo

Yep
    Imagine chrome instead of silver

• Like Like x 1
  7. skywarp-2

Ebay:
    LOL! Thanks man! Yea, I've wanted something like this for a long long time, ever since I was a kid. I always wanted the closest approx. to the toon I could get, and this guy just ticks all the bells and whistles. It is perfect to me. MP44 has it's merits, but there is something about this blocky and straight edged figure I just can't get enough of.

On the face too??:inquisiti 

• Like Like x 3
  8. Blazing Mewtwo

No lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bainreese

Bainreese Well-Known Member

I’m thinking I don’t need both MP-44 and TE-01v2 but I can’t decide which one to give up.

10. skywarp-2

Ebay:
    I don't really know.. I can say this. You sell MP44 for a decent price, and you can get the variants of TE01
    ALL of them for that price.
    I wonder, given the quality of the plastic on TE01, If they ever did Star Saber, would he be even better then the TT one? LOTS OF STIFF RATCHETS Please..

11. Dead End14

Dead End14 Well-Known Member

IMG_20191016_193545.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  12. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    If money wasnt an issue for me, I'd get/keep MP-44 as he looks more fluid and the premium paint. Well, to be honest, if money wasnt an issue, i'd keep both, use the MP-44 for display or posing in bot mode only, and use TE-01 for more fun to transform and the much nicer alt mode, and when i want to feel safe holding and play with a bot that is indestructible...

If money was (and is) an issue, I'd only keep TE-01, and use the money from MP-44 to get more FT new goodies.

But curious, you got both, which one is more fun for you? Which one looks better to you?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just ordered a v3. Have a v1 but could never get the standalone replacement head so whatever. Hes nice enough to have displayed in both modes.

and at under half the cost of mp44 for both, it was an easy choice to make. I much prefer the design of TE to mp44 anyway.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Bainreese

Bainreese Well-Known Member

No question MP-44 is more dynamic. TE-01 more statuesque. I look at both and see toon accuracy for different reasons. I hate not owning the genuine figure but have doubts about the knees in the long run. My copy is perfect...’now’. Who knows later. MP-44 has the trailer, but selling him off is $300 in my pocket as opposed to $100 with TE-01.

see my dilemma?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rich33

Rich33 Well-Known Member

I have a biased view anyway as i much prefer te01, but if you like mp44, i would say it also comes down to if you transform your figures - with the weak paints and knee issue on mp44 i doubt many copies will stay pristine for long no matter how careful people are, and particularly if like me after a few months you forget those tricks in the transformation to protect weak parts or paint (dont get me wrong, i may be biased to TE but i find the mp44 paint/design issues sad, not cause to rejoice). One of the reasons i love te01 is it is built to last.

Thinking on potential rebuy. Once TE have finished their slew of reissues and repaints, and move on, i wonder whether we will see reissues in a couple of years, wheras mp44 will likely be reissued periodically, hopefully with issues fixed and better paint.

On the trailer front, my mp10 donated (1 of) his trailers to te01.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Draemonus

Draemonus Well-Known Member

:rock :thumbs2: 

17. ManelFigures

ManelFigures You can't hear the bass, but you can feel it.

Instagram:
    I still having TE01v2, it more than a wonderful figure!.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  18. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

Did you paint the matrix?

19. ManelFigures

ManelFigures You can't hear the bass, but you can feel it.

Instagram:
    No, the matrix has led-light.

20. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

Ok it's the 3P matrix for MP-10. I was more thinking you painting the orange part since the TE-01 is more a gold.