Transform Element TE-01 (Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Jul 6, 2018.

1. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks Well-Known Member

For the record, I was one of the first people on here to have TE-01 in their hands, V1. As well, my figure was broken out of the package, which took months for me to get resolved, with the help of oku. So, I have V1 and it has not been a smooth ride. This seems to be simple childish selfishness, "his toy is better than mine". Would it be great if TE had put out the current version first? Yes. Did anyone get forced into purchasing the V1 toy? No. Has TE consistently listened to fans as to what they want to see in the figure, how they want it improved, and made those changes on future releases of the product, instead of just ignoring fans concerns and opinions and not improving their figure/product? Yes! They did not have to continue to work on a completed figure and to continue to invest time and money into making it better, as people were already purchasing the product. For goodness sake, give them some credit and be real with your expectations. This was their first figure and they are continuing to listen to their customer/fan base and improve their products. I can understand the disappointment of not having the "best" version, as I too would of course want the best version of something, but blaming TE for making improvements instead of ignoring reported concerns or issues is just selfish, entitled, and childish(and of course human), imo.
    If this is a such a huge deal to someone, has anyone contacted TE or their seller to ask if they get or purchase whatever parts it is they want?

• Like Like x 6
  2. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

663804B2-C46B-4EAD-AF19-F93DE77FDF08.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  3. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

I want a blue optimus prime. Someone please make me a blue Optimus Prime.

• Like Like x 3
  4. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

[​IMG]
    Your welcome Ash...

• Like Like x 3
  5. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What value? My Optimus is still just as valuable to me as he ever was. If you're talking about the secondary market value, then so what? Nobody ever promised that your toy would hold its value. If holding monetary value is important to you, then you should not be buying toys. If you do buy a toy, you should consider that money gone and, if you're lucky, you may be able to recoup some of it when you sell the toy later but this is not a sure thing. These are toys, not assets.

Yup, this right here. It's still just as good a toy as it ever was, regardless of there being a "better" one.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  6. generalgrevious

generalgrevious Well-Known Member

does the removing the autobot indentation worth that much more of an upgrade from the second batch?

7. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aside from the deeper blue chest window tint, no depressed symbol spot on shoulder, and no stickers, are there any other upgrades/differences?

• Like Like x 1
  8. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Wow - is that really the only changes folks are fussed about? I'd hardly call these 'upgrades' as they are pretty minor in the overall scheme to me. If they were changing some part of the transformation and/or adding a bunch of additional battle damage accessories (heads/body swap out pieces), then I could maybe understand some of the butt-hurt, but darker windows? Painted head? Flat shoulder instead of elevated symbol area?

I dunno dudes - but seems like pretty minor changes that if it was really eating away at you - you could get the paint done custom and/or design a special symbol insert that met your needs - all probably for the couple bucks.

I think I have a V1 or V2, but honestly once I changed the head - I was all good.

I don't really agree @kibble. I think early adopters get to enjoy the figure early. There is always a premium to get things first and a prestige of being in the v1. I think of people getting the newest model TV or car. They get the satisfaction of having it first, having others ooh and ahh. Those that wait may get some upgrades or changes, maybe they pay more or less - who know - but there is definitely an advantage to being an early adopter. If someone isn't down with it - the solution is super easy. Just wait and don't buy it right away. I don't feel like I've 'taken it in the short' (lol) because I bought an earlier version. Sure - it wouldn't been nice to get the newer model, but oh well... um life?

Regarding who can afford to pay $100 for a couple improvements? I totally agree with you in being puzzled about that (I usually can't), yet there are always people in this fandom buying placeholders, and then selling them off when something else better is released. I don't fall into that category, but apparently lots of folks on the board do it...

LOL.... If you feel that strongly, vote with your dollars and don't buy any of their first releases. If you are in the majority, TE will feel your wrath based on the impact you'll have on the sales on their next release.

TBH - I don't mind that they make improvements with each reissue - but it does kind of irritate me that these don't seem to be so much reissues as they are just 2nd and 3rd production runs all within the same year or two period. Something like FT's Phoenix, Soverign, or Cyclonus reissues - they all came (I think) a year or more after the first release was long gone and sold out. These v3 TE figures are being released while some retailers for sure still have their v1's in stock - making it harder for those retailers to sell their v1 which isn't going to make them happy.

I think the upgrades are a good move, but maybe the timing could be thought out a bit better. My 2 cents (actually probably like $4 worth of commentary)....

• Like Like x 2
  9. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

As well, the V1 head is now painted the same gray as the V2 head, it would appear.

10. Touma Callum

Touma Callum Well-Known Member

Seems like they also have painted V1'S head gray.

V3 looks amazing and with how good this mold is, I won't mind having a 2nd one.

11. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

That's not the point...it's not about not being able to sell it for as much...it's to show that the older version is no longer as good as it ever was. If is was, the value wouldn't go down. It's as good as it is because of available options. Like Hegemon...is he as good as he ever was? He was pretty sweet when he was the best G1 Megs available. He was going for like $300 because of it. Now that he's nowhere near the best option available, he's maybe worth $30. Am I pissed I can't get what I paid for him? Not really. That how it goes. But if they had released him 3 or 4 different times, each time a little better than before...then yeah, I'd think that's shitty and I'd have been annoyed that I was dumb enough to buy their v1. It's a matter of taking care of those that made you successful in the first place.

What's funny, though, you being a V1 owner and having received the V2 head(s). Would you not have been a bit miffed had the V2 head not been made available to you and the only way you could get it was to buy the whole damn figure again?

But whatevs...what TE is apparently showing is you should just avoid their first run shit and wait for the better version. Then the better version won't happen because it looks like nobody wants your product, when really, they just don't want to get TE'ed again.

12. tk7261

tk7261 Well-Known Member

That grey version of the original head is actually pretty cool. I feel like painting the red plastic red, and getting real chrome for the silver parts would take this figure to the next level.

• Like Like x 1
  13. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

Was this their 50th figure or their 1st figure, please remind me? Did you do most things perfect/the absolute best way possible the first time you did something? Seriously? Give them a chance, give them a break.

• Like Like x 3
  14. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Yes Model take on carbots, Reflector, Seekers, 1987 Headmasters/Targetmasters, Powermaster Prime with God Bomber trailer/armor.

• Like Like x 1
  15. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Well, as you say...they apparently listen to concerns/criticism. If nobody said it was bullshit, how would they know to do better?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, I would have been miffed, but you've got to remember it's not the "v2 head." TE-01 was shown with both heads as options well before the v1 was released. Then they said they were releasing it without the second head because it wasn't ready (that is the second head wasn't ready) but that they'd make it available to the people who bought the first release. All of it was planned prior to the first one coming out so if they had reneged, yes, I'd have been miffed.

On the other hand, the v2 also had more ratchet teeth. Sure, I'd like my v1 to have more ratchet teeth and I'd like it to have the flat shoulder front from v3 instead of the stupid symbol indentation but I knew what I was buying when I bought v1 - I got exactly what I paid for and it's one of my favorite figures. It doesn't bother me that "better" versions were produced later (I say better but there are drawbacks to the newer ones as well - there was a part in the knee I believe that was replaced with nylon instead of die cast and I prefer the clear windows of the v1/v2 over the v3's windows).

• Like Like x 1
  17. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

This is an important point as well, as I also prefer the die cast knees and clear/non-blue windows of V1 to the later versions features in these areas. All figures, all things will have their pluses and minuses, pros and cons.

18. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How do you even tell which one is up for sale? TFsource pictures what looks like v1 and the TF-Direct version has clear yellow plastic instead of paint on the hips. Which, as far as I know, didn't appear on any version. It also looks to have white hip hinges instead of grey which would have been nice!

*edit: also silver trim around the window.

tfd_op.JPG

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

And all I'm 'asking' is for the new parts to be made available for a fair (aka low) price so we don't have to buy the whole damn figure over again to get them. Doesn't seem like I'm asking for the world... I would buy new parts for a reasonable price. I won't buy the whole damn figure again. If they don't, they don't...I just won't buy their next figure because I think it's shitty business practice and shouldn't be encouraged or rewarded.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Tainogunslinger

Tainogunslinger Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I guess these are V2's? So they come with the new head, right?

Description from seller:
    09/10/2019
    This batch come with blue coloured semi visible windows, no pressed place on his left arm for insignia, flat shoulder now, stickers NOT included.

• Like Like x 2