Transform Element TE-01 (Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

YouTube (Handle):
    He'd be NP Warrior then though ;)  Or perhaps NP Herald. Either way, I'd be up for it. TE would be silly not to do it as they already have the mould and people will lap it up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Draemonus

Draemonus Well-Known Member

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg
    Precious optimus!!

• Like Like x 23
  3. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

Interesting, could you show the procedure you used?

4. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

For those who saw the silver stripe stickers I added to my TE-01 and liked the look, I'm offering sets of silver stripes and yellow forearm decorations for $5, shipped in the continental US. I'm willing to send worldwide because the package is small, but the pricing for postage will be determined on a case-by-case basis.

Labels are super-thin, premium automotive grade adhesive vinyl. They are very durable but not as forgiving as Toyhax labels on application, so multiple sets are included with the order in case of mistakes or issues.

[​IMG]
    The edges of the stripes are razor smooth, they only appear slightly ragged here because I also added weathering effects to mine to make it look more worn and was not willing to undo all that effort for the sake of taking a clean photograph.

Set includes:
    2 x Sets of standard silver stripes to cover the whole side panel
    1 x set of alternate stripe cut with an easier to apply scheme for the passenger side door and around the "pipes" in the middle in case you run into trouble (easier to apply, but doesn't look quite as good)
    4 x sets of yellow forearm triangles and bars
    1 x instruction sheet

I will have the first set with the yellow ready this weekend and will post updated pics. PM if interested in ordering.

• Like Like x 15
  5. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Happenin Rhinoceros

If there's interest from anyone, I could also look into getting a chromed vinyl for a more toy-accurate look.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

Oooh. I just sent you a PM, but that's even more exciting!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That sounds great but it unfortunately would look out of place since the bumper, grill, gas tanks, and smokestacks aren't chrome. And I doubt it'd very easy to wrap them in chrome vinyl. Molotow could do the trick but it's so delicate and hard to work with that it wouldn't be worth it. It is one of my long term goals to have a toy version of an MP Optimus, but, while I can't speak for anybody else, I was thinking MS-01 would be a better fit for that. In fact if there weren't so many other things taking up my money right now, I'd probably buy the metallic repaint of MS01 and start working on a custom head sculpt for him.

Anyway, for TE-01, I personally will be content with the silvery vinyl for the stripe and maybe if I'm feeling brave someday, I might paint his robot mode stripe a similar color.

• Like Like x 2
  10. The Happenin Rhinoceros

Good points and I agree, but felt that I should offer the option for those that might not be bothered by the mismatch. I do recommend the silver metallic, as the vinyl I have is a near-perfect match for the silver they used on the bumper, stacks, and tanks.

Painting the chest stripes silver is my next project...I thought about vinyl wrap, but I didn't see a good way to do it on those shapes without leaving too many end points that might peel up someday. And just striping the main surface while leaving the sides and edges grey would look really weird. Hmmmm...now I"m looking at the photos (at work, so I don't have him on had) and thinking of a way I MIGHT be able to do it.

Stand by folks, the hamsters are running.

• Like Like x 3
  11. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

[​IMG]

Hmm...I didn't even think this pose was possible for TE-01. I guess the right leg is a bit excessively to the right, but the picture looks good. Now I need to try this pose after getting home tonight!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Aldolotron

Aldolotron Well-Known Member

IMG_20190510_120414.jpg

I finally got mine in yesterday....and I must say that I actually prefer the articulation of OP Leader. I really love Transform Element's offering so much more altogether.

• Like Like x 3
  13. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    These pictures show MP44 and TE01 can pose just as good. MP44 just looks a bit less static and struggles just a little less at making these poses. But TE01 is just so good looking that the difference is not that bad.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we all did! He looks way nicer than MS01 IMO as he is less beefy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TF Collector

TF Collector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone hear anything from @Chosen Prime ? I preordered during Wave 2, but I guess maybe they are just getting Wave 3 instead? At least my wallet gets to wait a little longer before being emptied!

15. ProwlSpringer2020

ProwlSpringer2020 Cybertronian Knight

Nothing. I am also waiting on them. The good thing is I paid off my order while waiting. As well as the 2 forthcoming XTB Stunticons. So when it does arrive, I'm all paid up. Just strange that they haven't gotten theirs yet.

• Like Like x 2
  16. MasterPogee1980

MasterPogee1980 Well-Known Member

Anyone here having issues with the batch 2 versions windshield chest not tabbing in properly in bot mode? The left side tabs in properly but the right side is another story, its noticeable the chest is not aligned by a tiny bit

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

YouTube (Handle):
    First batch is like that as well. Have to position it carefully and push firmly on my copy.

• Like Like x 2
  18. skywarp-2

Ebay:
    Hmm.. Not mine..

19. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

No more sad Prime! :D 

Thanks @oku, you are the true MVP!

20190510_141928.jpg
    20190510_142746.jpg

Also... apparently that grey paint on his face plate is easy as fuck to scuff... I barely placed the crest over the face, you know, as one might do with transforming their figure. I bring the crest back up, and what do I see? A hideous god damned scuff staring back at me. What the hell?! Did TE borrow this grey paint from Transform N Rollout? Eh, whatever. At least I finally have it. :) 

• Like Like x 3
  20. skywarp-2

Ebay:
    Mine has no scuffs, but since hearing this. I'm gonna do a nongloss clear coat to protect it.

• Like Like x 1