Transform Element TE-01 (Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Jul 6, 2018.

1. generalgrevious

generalgrevious Well-Known Member

probable not much unless they want a custom figure. but other then that the sell value goes down most collectors want there figure stock only unless they want to do the customizing them selves.

• Like Like x 1
  2. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Depends entirely on how desirable your modification is... I think most people are going to prefer the stock figure when they're looking to buy, but if whatever you change makes it look better and most agree, then it would probably have no effect or maybe even increase the price some. However, most 3rd Party figures drop in value after so long anyhow. They get outdated and there's a newer, latest and greatest version available so unless you're planning on selling in the next 6 to 18 months (and maybe only 6 with MP-44 coming) it might be irrelevant by the time you go to sell. You'd probably get your 40 or 50 bucks for the figure regardless of a modification, again, so long as it looks good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

Unless you're selling on TFW, and then folks seem to think that their used figures with toyhax labels all over are worth $25-50 more than what you can but it for brand new...
    :confused2 

• Like Like x 3
  4. The Happenin Rhinoceros

A word of caution to anyone intending to paint the forearm arrows. They are on the inside, which knocks against other parts A LOT during transformation. Mine now appear battle damaged, despite a few layers of Rostoleum Painters Touch 2 clear coat, which has worked well on most other projects I've used it on. I'd recommend a clear nail polish or even an automotive clear coat to be sure

• Like Like x 2
  5. Matt Dranes

Matt Dranes Active Member

Cannot go wrong with this guy!! Looks amazing in dynamic poses. And new head sculpt

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What is it a ko of? I'd like to see a video of the original.

7. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

I want the new head now
    I preordered it from TFD

8. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a oversized KO of Newage Flipper, a legends scale Bumblebee figure.

:gen069: 
    He had a link in his post to the listing on tf-direct. If you'd followed it, you'd have seen it was KBB's OSKO of Newage Bumblebee.
    KBB MCS-02 Hornets Agent

The description says it's about 4 inches which puts it at around the height of HS Prime (give or take) and makes him around deluxe scale, or the perfect scale for KBB's MP10v, which is clearly what they were going for.

[Edit] I wonder if I'm on @meisterman's ignore list and he didn't see the quoted part of your message, and thus thought your question was out of the blue :p  I wish quotes weren't blocked out by ignore - it makes threads really confusing sometimes when people start replying to them and you're just like, "what the heck are these guys talking about?" cuz you're missing half the conversation.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    Request Please: TE-01 V2 with side by side Devestator? long shot, side shot, back shot, and perspective shot?

Does TE01 Look good with a 3rd party Galvatron like in season 4?
    [​IMG]
    oddly the hate plague saga prime was very close to Movie 86 Prime.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Bugste81

Bugste81 Ste

11. The Happenin Rhinoceros

• Like Like x 1
  12. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

Nothing. Again.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Georgii10235

Georgii10235 A member for fun

News Credits:
    My TE-01 was delivered today, but to the wrong address. It was signed off so I'm assuming the people that received it are holding on to it, hopefully they're not just keeping it for themselves because that'd be unpleasant.

• Like Like x 3
  14. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

Received my TE01 today. I opened it, inspected it, installed the 2nd version head and I can say this is a masterpiece of a figure.
    The quality is top notch, the feel is really pleasant (unlike some later masterpieces from Takara). The plastic is great and is built very well. There are some excess plastic on some corners but they are trimmable with a hobby knife easily so no big problem. My head is not scratched. Installed easily in 5 minutes and it is a BIG upgrade from the standard head. Seeying it in hand I would have preferred a slightly bigger head for a 2nd version.
    That is really a game changer in the MP world... TE has put out a must-have figure for the years to come, for me.
    Box is great and the figure is encased into polystyrene and that is also a good touch that reminded me of soul of chogokin.
    That is really a figure that comes unexpected to me... I let go the first wave because I did not like the head, now that I have my copy of V2 i can say... this could be my toy of the year. Possibly the toy of my last 5 years!

Guys, if you are a masterpiece collector, you have to have this figure. Trust me.

• Like Like x 8
  15. Ryan1986

Ryan1986 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Honestly 32 year old me was giddy this morning when mine arrived. My copy is flawless and he is amazing in hand :D :D 

• Like Like x 2
  16. Flapjacks

Flapjacks Well-well-well Member

Are you referring to the V2 head for the V1 owners or you receiving the V2 figure itself?

• Like Like x 1
  17. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Messed around with mine last night - it's definitely a very nice figure. The transformation is fiddly, but not in the "this balljoint has to be at 30 degrees and fold in while this other one has to be rotated 90 degrees" kind of bullshit way, which is nice. There's some smart design work at play, with spring joints built in to allow flex (like in the back of the truck section, which you have to bend to get in place - it's designed to flex on a spring joint instead of just bend the plastic. Smart) in spots that need it. In truck mode it's a solid brick of a thing, that feels super weighty and nice. It feels like it might even be heavier than my Weijiang MPP10. Bot mode looks great and everything locks together smoothly and solidly.

A few complaints or observations:

One of my tires (the left rear) is very rough compared to all of the others being smooth. It's strange, almost like prime is about to have a blowout on the highway. I don't mind it that much, as it gives it some character and it's barely noticeable unless you look very closely.

I wish there was a way to mount the gun in vehicle mode. Just something, anything. Weapon storage is a huge plus for MP-10, and this guy doesn't come with a trailer to just jam all of his junk into. I'll probably end up leaving his gun in the box as a result.

His feet definitely have some wobble to them just because of how strong the swivel joints are that let them bend at the ankle and the fact that the support doesn't go all the way back to the heel. Nothing major, it just means when I set him down he isn't as rock solid stable as I feel he should be for how well put together the figure is.

I said that the transformation is smart with great design work, but the way the back locks into place in robot mode is bad, in terms of transforming him out of it. I'm tempted to slice off the two tabs that fit inside his waist pieces because to get those out you almost NEED a screwdriver or some other prying tool, and since the backpack is pressing into the waist with a long peg they almost feel unnecessary. I guess I need to check into whether those tabs do anything in vehicle mode.

I wish the rotation joint for his shoulders had finer ratchet teeth. As it is they click in broad steps which is a bit of a bummer. Nothing major, but still a bit of a nuisance.

Other than the above, I think he's great. He's got a very different design aesthetic and look to MP-10, and both his bot and alt modes are smooth and clean. I love that he doesn't have random robot hips jutting out of the back of his cab, and he's probably got the lowest profile 5th-wheel section of any Optimus other than G1. The fact that the front wheel wells become his crotch is absolute genius and a beautifully smart design.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Verminaard

Verminaard Well-Known Member

I have the same problem, and without a spudger i cant get these apart. these pegs might work better if shortened a bit, i dont think they do anything or peg into anything in truck mode...they just kinda flop around and get in the way

19. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

Watch Paik4Life's video on TE-01. He shows a pretty good way of getting that back peg out at around 22:20. Basically you start the transformation by getting the skirt armors unpegged. It gives you pretty good access to getting the back piece unpegged.

• Like Like x 3
  20. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

Screenshot_20190423-165325_Firefox.jpg