Transform Element TE-01 (Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Jul 6, 2018.

1. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    I don't like that the eyes are painted on. They should have been separate cut inserts so they won't suffer fading over time, or come missing an eye! I wonder if MP10's head would fit?

• Like Like x 1
  2. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Price was not the main reason. People didn't want to get a new Prime because the official was expensive. It's because TT created the demand for a new Prime with their toon style MPs, especially MP36.

MS was simply going to eat part of the cake TT baked.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Magnusfan Nujevad

Magnusfan Nujevad Well-Known Member

Also, look at how crappy MP-44's truck mode looks.

4. Msz0065

Msz0065 Well-Known Member

I just got this today ($109 shipped from TFS-express). I've transformed him back and forth about half a dozen times so here are my first impressions:

+Solid as a rock. All joints are PERFECT. Tight without being overtight. At over 20 ounces, it's 30% heavier than MP10 and heavier than FansToys Cyclonus. In hand, probably feels most like Fans Toys Soar in hand, without the wings.
    + Came with 4 autobot stickers, fit perfectly into the recessed logo space.
    + Transformation is fantastic. It was difficult at first since I had no idea what to do and did it without instructions, and there are a lot of new elements that have never been done before, like the trigger to release the waist extension and the hook tabs for the legs, but once you understand what you need to do, it's pretty easy... just involved. Absolutely ingenius and not at all finnicky. Harder than an official MP, easier than the MPM line. Definitely a transformer for people who like to transform their figures.
    + Kudos points for the ingenius ankle tilt and side hip skirts. Engineering at its best!
    +Batteries already installed in the gun!

- Finish is lacking. Red and blue plastic is unpainted. Glossy paint like Takara's would have put it over the top, but for $109, still the best deal in the market.
    - Face mask is painted white, should've been gray. Conversely, the legs and shorts are a grayish white rather than pure white.
    - Windshield wipers are flimsy plastic. Would have felt safer if it were diecast or more bendy plastic.
    - Some of the tabs are too big and make transformation more difficult than necessary... a common 3p issue. You could sand them off but why should e have to do that?

Overall, pretty much one of the best 3p releases of all time. Easily top 5 for sure. Give it a paint job and head like MP 44 and it would pretty much be near perfect as far as 3p figures go.

• Like Like x 8
  5. corduroy

corduroy Well-Known Member

before i pull the trigger on this, can someone refer me to where a new head sculpt was confirmed/announced? haven’t been paying too much attention to the thread.

• Like Like x 3
  6. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The guy who shared the Toy Zilla video said the second head would be released in March.

Just checked the tracking for mine and the delivery estimation has changed. Used to be 10th of February-12th of March and now it’s just 12th of March. Didn’t know sellers could change that...

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Sellers can do all sorts of crap, I bought a "buy it now""In stock" 1/6 figure yesterday, They contact me and say they don't have it, they ask if there is anything else I want from their store. I say no give me a refund. They then respond to me and say sorry it's still out of stock can I wait till March, I say no if you don't have have it give me a refund. Give me my money back so I can buy it from another seller. If I get the runaround much longer I'm filing a complaint with e-bay. This keeps happening to me on ebay, I'm about to stop using the site. If you don't have it, don't claim it's "In stock now"

8. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wish we had more transformers shop in Europe that stock more figures. Just like the USA have.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I've get most of my stuff from TFS-express UK and 9 times out of 10 they even beat Chinese retailers to the punch. Kapow Toys are also excellent with timings and stock.

That said they're expecting the second batch of this either Friday or Saturday. Got a few slight alterations in mind and a cartoon emblem and I'm ready to go. Can't wait! Really hoping the new head is more season 1 looking then this'll be the current best Prime hands down.

• Like Like x 2
  10. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

I really hope the new head is on par with the figure! If so, I would finally get this OP! If the head will be another disappointment, I will skip this Prime even if the body is great.

11. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

Boy, I sure can't wait til I get mine so I can stop watching this thread and won't have to see people constantly complaining about the head sculpt.

• Like Like x 4
  12. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    few more hours!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

First transformation and I'm having trouble right at the last part. Trying to fold the head away, I can't lock the roof of the cab in place because there's no clearance for his neck, which pushes the panel out of alignment. I've watched 4 transformation videos, including the official one, and as far as I can tell I'm doing everything right but none of them have this problem. It all just slots into place for them perfectly.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Hopefully I'm just making a simple mistake.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tismark

Tismark Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I don’t have him but are his antennae in the right direction? Maybe they should be swung forward in front of his head?

15. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

I tried that. Not only does that not solves the problem, it creates a new clearance issue. The antennae have to point in the direction I have them or else they stick out the back of the truck. I've massaged them every which way and it makes no difference. It's his neck; There's a little spring-loaded section that tensions the neck forward and pushes the entire panel back if impinged upon. You pull up on it in order to have enough room to flip the panel 108 to hide the head. But it's getting pushed while I'm trying to close the panel, too, which knocks everything out of alignment. In all the videos I've watched, closing the panel puts no tension on that part of his head at all.

I've gone back in those vids and double-checked to make sure I haven't missed a panel I'm supposed to use to compact his head or neck further, but I can't find one. Headcrest pulled forward over face, tab behind headcrest collapsed, antenna swiveled, head rotated at neck 180 degrees... If I'm missing something, I can't figure it out.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Man, I hope one of your alterations is adding upper thigh rotation.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :p 

• Like Like x 3
  17. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    We are all waiting for you. You used to take great pictures, didn't you?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tismark

Tismark Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Ah well, good luck. Hopefully someone who actually has one can help.

PS Just re-watched Ben's video and yep,he has them in the direction you do.

• Like Like x 2
  19. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Looks impossible without redesigning the hips and I honestly don't see it as that big a problem in pics so far. If anything I'd look at giving him an ab crunch, that'd help dynamic articulation far more.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I had a dream last night about a new head chasing me down a hallway. Was terrifying.

Not really but, yeah... I cant wait to post the mandatory victory picture and, unwatch.

• Like Like x 1