Transform Element TE-03 Speed Star (G1 Mirage)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by oku, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    based on there previous price point (prime was about $100) I gonna guess he'll be in the $60 range, and if so, I'm in on him then!, and a G2 version, and the Red one. I'm fine with the thinner head, better than siege.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Junkmech

Junkmech Mouthplate Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The fact that his transformation scheme seems completely different from Sphinx is really cool! His body design looks great! However, his head sculpt just doesn't do it for me. Maybe they'll release a toy face option?

3. leus

leus Well-Known Member

TE is on fire with all the latest releases. I am super excited about this one.

• Like Like x 2
  4. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Now I want to see more from TE, specifically:
    Insecticons and Soundwave/blaster.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah yeah, they’d do a sweet Blaster

• Like Like x 1
  6. Goodriddance

Goodriddance Well-Known Member

Colour me interested. I bought TE-01 on a whim even though I was happy enough with MP-10 at the time, and was super impressed with that guy. So if this continues in the same vein Sphinx may be next in the firing line!

7. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glad to finally see a new G1 mold from TE. I gave a feeling that unlike the MMC version, this won't have bowed front wheels and will have better rolling clearance.
    I never did get MMC Diaclone based Liger so hopefully TE will do that repaint as well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    I think TE01 fulfills most of my wants on an MP Prime.
    To me, he looks a lot like the cartoon model. Almost perfect in my mind..
    collectors like that who took this pic, need a more toon accurate Mirage model to match their bots.. case in point..
    Which bot below looks like he doesn't match the aesthetics below?
    [​IMG]
    To me, TE01 is the most cartoony version...here his proportions tend to match the toon.
    [​IMG]
    Yep, I am definitely getting this. I need to get that G1 Season 1 roll call roster together, and stop messing around.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Come on TE, bring on the rest of the crew, so I can do a roll call.
    [​IMG]
    On the head for this bot, here are a few references I found...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Notice here the shoulder rocket should be silver..
    [​IMG]
    TE01 reminds me of this Prime. I wish someone would do an MP44 Trailer KO with energon stacks and cubes.
    [​IMG]
    One last thing, at some point, I want to see TE do Zeta Prime, Sentinel Prime, and Alpha Trion.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    *looks at MMC Sphinx*
    Sorry, buddy. You weren't quite as definitive as I thought.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Ehhh. This is overstated. I bought the V1 and still display it with the original head... it's a GREAT figure. IDGAF about the other versions. I might buy a V4 just for shits and giggles because it's that good. But the v1 is SO good that it really doesn't bother me that there are incremental improvements made in subsequent versions; it's not like the original was fatally flawed in the first place. And I suspect most of this bad boy's owners feel more like me than the vocal minority who are super pissed about the fact a company makes running improvements to their products, which to me is what a GOOD company is SUPPOSED to do.

• Like Like x 5
  11. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

Man TE is really hitting it out of the park right now as far as I'm concerned...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I think $60 might be a bit of a push. But if it does come out for something around that price point, I'm in the same boat--this is getting grabbed.

• Like Like x 2
  13. RondoCalrissian

RondoCalrissian Well-Known Member

While this looks great but I think I'll stick with my MMC Sphinx since it has sentimental value and I'm not into the hyper-toon look. That being said, if Transform Element really wanted to blow everyone's mind and at the same time screw with Takara, Transform Element should make their own version of TRACKS!

350px-Tracksg1.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  14. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Not even close. Best of weak options is more apt.

No matter how many ppl may complain that TE01 is 2mm taller than the other options or that they make improvements on the fly, TE has shown it is up there amongst the best. Anyone who has handled their Optimus will attest to that. So yes. There is absolutely a market for this. Beauty is if you prefer Sphynx then you don't have to jump or alternatively you can soon get one cheap. Win/win all round.

Truth is part of the game we play is 'upgrading'. This is nothing new and no-one is forcing anyone to rebuy a character if they don't want to.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  15. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

bingo. I have never understood some peoples anger towards companies giving us another version of character. It's kind of like the whole mp-12/BC steamroll thing. So many posters were complaining that releasing a figure of a character who already had an MP fig was a waste of effort and that new characters should be the focus.
    While I do understand that POV, it also ignores the fact that sometimes the existing options are either sub-par or obsolete with what is possible today. Myself, I am always playing the upgrade game...it does not phase me one bit. My goal for my collection is to have the best version (IMO) of the characters that I own. To do that, I will need to be swapping out figs from time to time. It's just part of the game.

And as such....I have already put up my ps-01A up for sale in anticipation of this guy.

• Like Like x 6
  16. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Yup.

Tbh I think the crux is ppl hate to think they've wasted money or backed the wrong horse. They may not like a newer version but because they see others loving it they may second guess their own opinion. Ppl just need to have confidence in their own convictions. And taste.

Another truth. Your collection, your rules. I might really not like real world decals on figures like this, for example, but I'll never outright tell someone that it's wrong to like them as some do here, I'd suggest a solution to make everyone happy....or at least as many as possible from the most logical standpoint.

Either way I look forward to the next upgrade and the butt hurt that it brings.

• Like Like x 8
  17. Mick h

Mick h Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have 2 of TE optimus n I have to say they really have impressed me esp w their black repaint. Will definitely pick mirage. The mmc 1 looks good but never liked the face but this looks better to me. My 2 cents

18. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Again? :throw 

Ok, everybody repeat after me. TE DID NOT CHANGE OPTIMUS' FACE FOR THE V2 FIGURE!! It was always meant to come with the alternate head but they weren't ready with it in time. When they announced that they were removing it from v1, they promised to make it available to all the v1 buyers. They kept that promise. You may not like how they did it but to say the alternate head was a running change of the v2 is patently false!

Hmm.... Jetfire? All those screwholes make him stand out. He also has some very nice articulated hands that the other guys lack and those are some pretty heroic proportions. Or maybe it's Optimus: that flat red finish certainly stands out next to those other two.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

Looking good !!
    Can't wait to see color proto's

20. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    You buy a figure and within two years a “better” one comes out. How’s a fan supposed to complete a collection with all this pressure to have the “best” one:drunk 

• Like Like x 3