Transform Dream Wave upgrade kits TCW-07 (POTP Starscream) and TCW-08 Abominus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Jul 20, 2018.

1. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ***MACROSS ROOKiE*** (aka Noob.!)

Looks good! How's the side pieces on the thighs holding up? Do they fall off easy of manipulated like the OG? I do wish the face expression was more detailed.

2. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was afraid of getting it after all reviews pretty much shitted on it (and I watched ALL)... But they all basically agreed that it looked great in statue mode so I went ahead and tried the anime release.

Mine is pretty much solid all around. I can play with it and the side pieces don't fall off. Only time one started to come off was after much posing. Maybe my stock Abominus was one of the good ones or they changed tolerances along with the piece they changed for the knees. No problems standing up or holding poses save for the limits of the stock joints. The kit shoulder joints are a bit loose and I had to pass a bit of soft sandpaper on the feet pegs because I was afraid they were too tight.

Little fanmode to give him two advisors to help when deciding things.
    IMG_20190927_195216.jpg

The three tenors.
    IMG_20190928_123938.jpg
    IMG_20190928_123930.jpg
    IMG_20190928_124052.jpg
    IMG_20190928_124417.jpg
    IMG_20190928_124914.jpg

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 12
  3. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

Looks great, although i wish the face was better defined. How easy is the head to swap?

4. FiVE1ZERO

@Turnman YES.!!! STEP ON DANIEL.!!! Haha Yeah on my kit it holds fine,it's only when you try and pose it crazy where things get sketchy. Overall its not a bad kit and better looking than the Official set up.
    Btw I was thinking for the face maybe put a couple coats of wash on it to bring out the face.?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m curious, did dream wave announce any plans for other figures? Like they seemed to have skipped right past menasor.

6. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Honestly, Menasor needs a whole new Motormaster. No amount of upgrade kits is gonna change that.

(Although, if they DID do a kit I hope its just a trailer that unfolds to mostly a Menasor body with MM just folding up into a cube and plugging into it. Only way I can think that they could improve enough to warrant a kit for that mold.)

7. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...sounds like a job for C+ customs...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

Did you shave down the pegs on your set to avoid breaking the wrist and ankle pegholes? I had to do it on my first release version and my TDW Computron set.

9. Spicytron

Spicytron Well-Known Member

It's unfortunate that this set ended up being a waste, it had potential. I still love the blaster and find the hands passable. The feet I don't much care for, they tried to do a "transforming stompers" thing that doesn't work well because the feet don't hold together solidly. I actually had to superglue mine together because it would not stay together enough to actually support Abominus on his heels. No loss there, 100% honest, because I never really use the PE sets "weapon modes" either.

and the thighs. I had to do some creative glying with those too so I could still remove them if I wanted to break Abominus down.

The set looks nice, it's just... it's all a jumble. An unfortunate, sloppy jumble.

10. FiVE1ZERO

Seriously I'm surprised no company made a good solid set of hands and feet for the CW/POTP Combiners. Screw all that weapons transforming gimmick stuff. Just a nicely,solid design Hands/feet. (Besides Nonnef.)

• Like Like x 4
  11. Turnman

News Credits:
    Sanded the feet pegs a bit. Hand pegs fit without any force.

12. Ultra Magnus Combiner

Ultra Magnus Combiner Well-Known Member

Can you please use thumbnails if you're going to post a bunch of photos together in a post. It makes hard to see anything else on the page when I have to do that much scrolling to get through it. It's too busy and I don't even see the point in sharing that many. If it was an appreciation page that's different.

13. Turnman

News Credits:
    Oh you poor thing!! It must have been hell and back seeing the only six photos on the whole Internet of this recolor besides the two official ones. Let alone showing it in dynamic poses, the one thing all the reviews say you can forget about doing with the original if you don't want things to fall. Send me the bill of your scrolling finger therapist so I can repay you for the damage suffered.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

If we're going this route, please keep using full pics. Thumbnails don't load on my phone and i like being able to make the pics bigger by clicking on them to make them bigger so i can see them better. Thank you for those post pics @Turnman

• Like Like x 5
  15. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

so they improved the kit?!?
    Wow - I can't lie I am jealous. Hell, I mine posed on the shelf - and terrified of moving him.

:lol :lol :lol :lol .

• Like Like x 2
  16. Onibaku_Rave

Onibaku_Rave The Enigma of Combination

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Animation colors vs toy colors
    F4427138-15D2-44D9-B195-5E0E05A54B64.jpeg
    Animation colored one has Perfect Effect hands and feet

• Like Like x 9
  17. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron Unicron Herald BladeZero

News Credits:
    So a friend got the animation colors, doesnt have an account here and dont know why he doesnt, anyway he asks me, can the new head be stored in monster and robot mode? Because instructions dont show anything, not a single video review shows it outside of the combined made, and he hasnt managed to make it sit flush enough to close the panel

18. TheRebirth

TheRebirth Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  19. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

If the head is turned around 180 degrees, it should fit better. See pics:
    Transform Dream Wave upgrade kits TCW-07 (POTP Starscream) and TCW-08 Abominus

20. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron Unicron Herald BladeZero

News Credits:
    Wait, so the head collapses? Because the neck is super long and not a single review shows transformation to any other mode, so how is one supposed to know?

Edit: my friend confirms me gis set( the anime version)in fact soesnt have the problems of the original version, still the guards that go on hun-grr shoulders still loose, as some people have pointed out is still the case, and the feet pegs a bit too thick, needed to be sanded down to fit in the 5mm ports of the combiner legs, again, as some have already pointed out, everything else is solid as it should be, and as it was promised

• Like Like x 1