Transform Dream Wave upgrade kits TCW-07 (POTP Starscream) and TCW-08 Abominus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Jul 20, 2018.

1. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How do you guys like this new face for OpenAndPlay Spring? :D 

springer3.jpg springer2.jpg springer1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  2. TheRebirth

TheRebirth Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 8
  3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Titanusprime

Titanusprime Woll-Knewn Mumber

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    $5 necklace from Walmart makes a great cape chain for Starscream. 20190210_105642.jpg 20190210_105529.jpg 20190210_105446.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

20190210_205644.jpg 20190210_204936.jpg 20190210_203653.jpg Going to give my thoughts on this abominus set. I usually don't take an aggressive stance towards most figures or add-on kits but I have to say this set is pure disappointment. The only redeeming Factor it has is that it looks good in combined form everything else just doesn't work. It Would have been neat if they Incorporated a bust mode with all from all the extra pieces kind of like how I am Factory did their Bruticus.

Out of bot mode and alt mode none of the pieces have anywhere to really go yeah you can add weapons and whatnot but there's so many that you have more than a what the individual bots can carry and in beast mode there's hardly any place for the parts to store which I feel is the biggest disappointment in this set.

The looseness of all the pieces is almost comical. other than the chest, shoulder and back pieces everything else simply falls off. The leg ratchets no longer can hold up the figure due to all the added weight and as previously stated would have been nice if they added new Ratchet pieces.

If anybody knows where I can find a good figure stand for him so I don't have to worry about the ratchets or the weight of the figure itself it would be much appreciated plus I could use them for my other combiner figures with crappy ratchets and weight distribution issues.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  7. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got word that @Chosen Prime got their preorder bonus parts andvare shipping to me!

8. Booyeah

Booyeah Well-Known Member

anybody having buyers remorse and would sell for cheaper than retail, lmk.

9. quickshift

quickshift Combiner Junkie

I was already to order two of the Starscream kits, one for screamer and one for Liokaiser....then I realized they hands and feet werent grey and that was the prototype greyscale. I may still get one for screamer. I think they better on him in grey to match his body and not the blue to match his feet/legs.

10. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Yeah I was in the same boat as you. I was going to use the hands and feet for my Shiro Prime combiner

11. VenomGTSR

VenomGTSR Well-Known Member

Had you contacted them regarding the missing parts or did they just email you?

• Like Like x 1
  12. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I contacted them prior to shipping my stash about a week ago, they emailed back saying they didn’t receive them and then again today to let me know they got them in and we’re shipping them out to me

13. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

question, has anyone tried those hip ratchets by noneff?

14. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They don’t fit without modifications and those aren’t the ratchets that suck on the stock figure anyway

• Like Like x 1
  15. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Aaah ok.

16. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The janky ratchet on hun-grr is the front and back ratchet, the nonnef ones are the side to side ratchets

• Like Like x 1
  17. Reichstein

Reichstein Well-Known Member

Seeing all the posts about the instability of Abominus combined mode I figured I would post what I did to fix mine.

I noticed that although the ratchets in the knees and hips are fairly strong there is a significant amount of wobble in these joints due to the lack of friction in the joint (if there was no ratchet they would just flop around freely).

My solution was not to change the ratchets in any way but to add friction to the joints to reduce the amount of wobble between the click points.

I did this by putting some superglue (nail polish or future should also work) on the central post the the joints move on.

I dissembled the joints, added some glue then partially reassembled the joints (no springs or screws) and gently worked the joint until the glue had dried and added the much needed friction.

After doing this to the hip and knee joints Abominus is much more stable. The soft flexible plastic of the ankle joints still introduces some wobble, but it is much better than before.

Although some of the connection points could be improved on this upgrade, I think that much of the instability comes from the base figures having less than optimal joints.

I hope this helps some of you to enjoy this set more.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

So you're saying this causes the friction as a result of the glue to become the primary means of stability as opposed to the ratchets?

19. CynicalGaymer

CynicalGaymer Active Member

The Abominus set finally arrived on my doorstep yesterday. I have incredibly mixed feelings about it.

Had to sand down the foot pegs for Sinnertwin and Cutthroat, and still may have managed to crack both figures’ ports slightly. The chest plate + shoulders + back piece took forever to connect, because nothing would stay together properly. The outer-leg pieces fall off if you sneeze sideways from across the room, and the hip pieces fare little better. I wish the dragon-head knees were on a horizontal hinge so they could sit nicely on the lower legs, rather than jutting out 90° from the upper thighs. And the chest plate adds way too much depth to the upper torso, so the head is now set so far back, you can’t even see it but from above.

I don’t regret my purchase — the figure looks so much better than stock and strikes quite an imposing silhouette — but there are just an awful lot of missteps and missed opportunities with this one. Hoping other 3P versions surface that help correct some of these issues.

• Like Like x 1
  20. VenomGTSR

VenomGTSR Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks!

• Like Like x 1