Transform Dream Wave upgrade kits TCW-07 (POTP Starscream) and TCW-08 Abominus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

So can the outer thigh be permanently glued to the front thigh and still removable?

It seems Hungrrr’s hips (and probably the arm bot “elbow” joints) probably need a little tightening up to make this kit really functional.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kenchanayoh

Kenchanayoh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I finally got it. Everything looks great and some part falling off at the thighs, but not too bad.

My major gripe is the head. The faceplates do not lock in place. It falls out if you move it and bump into the neck.

I want to use the original head from hasbro, but it has no neck. Was hoping someone makes a neck riser on shapeways.

Still it mostly looks good.

3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah... No.
    I get fanboyism and wanting to excuse a product because you own company stock or something :lol 
    But this extreme partsforming set with bad qc is not a great product with only minor problems that really aren't worth mentioning.
    The many problems this set has are well documented and very obvious.
    Apparently Dreamweave is the new MMC and when a product just isn't doing what it's supposed to do it's just an easy fix instead of the obvious flaw it is.
    At 50 euro's an upgrade kit should not be a bunch of partsforming that doesn't hold up very well.
    At that price they should have produced a new Hun-Gurr or at least have found a way to integrate the parts in both of his altmodes in other ways than: "Hey! Here's a goofy gun. And here's a goofy shield. Hey, you can fit the dragon heads over a guys hand and now he's got a head-hand!"
    I love how he looks, but this is objectively a bad product. No way around that.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Rodann

Rodann Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Surprisingly well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Hmmm... I swear this better be worth it.
    were there problems with the menasor body upgrades aside from the A-stance? because despite that, i love that upgrade.

6. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

Along with the A-stance issue, the upgrade just couldn't stay attached outside of combined mode. The point of connection was so terrible that it would pop off if you so much as looked at it funny if Motormaster was in truck or robot mode.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Megatronus27

Its definitely a crap design. At $50, they should have scrapped the “weapons” and made the combiner element work properly. Why parts-form the legs when a solid hinge would have allowed a wrap around integration and would have held much better?

I think this set set can be fixed with some limited effort which is why Im still in. The look is worth the effort on this imo. Hungrrr seems more of a problem than the set. So blame needs to go to both Hasbro and TDW.

• Like Like x 2
  8. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Ah. That explains it. i always disconnected that to begin with.

9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Um. You tagged me from the wrong thread.

10. Hyoumaru

Personally I feel they should have just reused the supposidely excellent engineering of the original G1 Hun-Grrr toy rather than take a shortcut with reusing Silverbolt's engineering. It's not as if they hadn't done that a bunch of times in recent figures at this point.

11. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ARGH, when is TCP getting their 2nd shipment?! It's holding back so many orders!

12. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Sorry.
    I was speed-reading and you got caught in the middle :oops: 

13. Megatronus27

Hungrrr’s ratchets and leg joints are the issue. If they used the G1 as a design base, I dont see how that would have any impact. Without solid ratchet joints, Abominus is going to struggle in any configuration.

• Like Like x 1
  14. idkwdya

idkwdya Nicks_Plastic_Shelf

Instagram:
    I’m in the same boat. I have 3 other things in stock and Double Evil will also be coming in this week. Just waiting on this...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hyoumaru

I was referring to the problem the original toy presents as a whole really, well I guess "problem" in the sense it doesn't look very G1-ish

16. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Oh, no problem. Just pointing it out. I otherwise agree with the rest of your post. I'm hoping I have a much better experience than some have had in this thread and it seems to be a case by case basis, but I'm not going to sit here and proclaim it's glorious, either. I think, for the number of delays, this was still somehow rushed and doesn't warrant the price.

I think it was ambitious in design and they had a good idea to start with, but I think they dropped the ball along the way, saw how backed up they were and said "Does it work, at all? Great. Screw it, send it off. Let's call it done."

And this is the end result. I'm still holding out a modicum of hope, there's nothing wrong with that, but I find no reason to trumpet the virtues of the set. I'm just hoping the dang thing holds together. If nothing else, I get a combiner sized rifle out of it because that's what Abominus sorely needed. That's one place POTP failed where CW did not. The combined form at least had SOMETHING to work with. These are...I don't even know what their weapons are. Brute strength? Powerful punching? Just seems silly that Computron has a rifle and Abominus has holes for Prime Masters everywhere. No Prime Master, he's pretty much just kind of "Hey. Would you be willing to NOT shoot me and make this a fair fight?" all the while Computron is pulling the trigger.

So, this rectifies that, at least.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Well, like I said: he looks great at least.
    I'm also going to put future on the tabs of the leg-covers and glue the ones on the outside of the legs to the spiked part like someone above did.
    If you only ever plan on keeping him in combined mode and glue the leg-parts together you got a great combiner. But it could, and for the price, should have been so much more.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    what do you mean hun-grrr doesnt look g1?
    G1Hun-Gurrr_toy.jpg 800px-TF-POTP-Voyager-Class-Hun-Gurrr.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Poop. That sucks! I don't want to have to super glue it together.

20. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    The only difference is that the G1 was a cute cudly dragon and the potp is a horrifying deformed monster.
    Much more appropriate really :lol 

• Like Like x 1