Transform And Roll Out TR-02 commander of stars (Cybertron Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by xueyue2, Apr 10, 2019.

1. NEOLAB

NEOLAB *Retired Customizer & Upgrade Kit Producer

Looks perfect! I’m beyond excited for this one… it’s been years in the waiting lol

for savage claw mode (if they cared enough to make leobreaker) - I would have found a way to make this joint disconnect like a sort of combiner wars style.
    B85014D2-A318-4ECE-8080-F03EB69437F5.jpeg
    In the show, Prime’s arm can’t fit inside the backpack anyway, it just disappears.

Also, the planet key with the magnet on it is just something that Bombusbee did for fun… right? He can’t actually include that, I’d imagine.

• Like Like x 5
  2. MaximusPrime2002

MaximusPrime2002 Well-Known Member

Yeah. That's just the cyber key that comes with the Japanese release of the original toy with a magnet glued to the back. Though it would be really awesome if they included something that looked like the cyber key, just minus the autobot symbol.

• Like Like x 3
  3. TaurusOxford

TaurusOxford Well-Known Member

It disappears sure, but Prime's backpack in the show was absurdly huge - more than enough for the arm. Plus i'm not sure how many people would be excited over a Leobreaker that requires you to partsform Prime's arm off in order to use.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If T&R ever decide to do Leobreaker I'm sure they'll include a new backpack hub with it. It's more likely though they'll just never do a Leobreaker.

• Like Like x 4
  5. MaximusPrime2002

Though a Wingsaber is still 100% possible. Granted Savage Claw Mode is a thousand times more iconic than Sonic Wing Mode if you ask me, but it's still a possibility.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Spiderbite

Spiderbite Well-Known Member

Frankly I always thought Sonic Wing mode's wings looked weaker than his standard supermode. The chest is a cool addition but Optimus' chest already looks good. It just skews the proportions too much. Savage Claw mode does too but in such a way the absurdity works.

• Like Like x 4
  7. MaximusPrime2002

I could not agree more. Granted I feel like I appreciate it a little bit more every time I look at it, but it still just feels off. The swords feel so dinky and unnecessary. And the new form isn't even anything really special.

Optimus gets a new jetpack and some extra guns. Nothing new. I sleep.

Optimus gets an entire fricken robot lion for a new arm that's almost as big as he is! Amazing! Insane! Nothing like has been done before or since! How could I not love it?

• Like Like x 2
  8. NEOLAB

BULKHEAD - Savage ball mode!
    CYBER CHAIN POWER
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  9. NEOLAB

Now for something of value:

I imagine we’ll have to wait for fans hobby if we want the upgrades. Honestly though, my Cybertron prime will be fine in super mode.

However, fans hobby needs to hurry up on their jet fire and overload already. Then I’ll be happy

• Like Like x 2
  10. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Comes to roughly $140 shipping included which tracks with previous reports

• Like Like x 2
  11. MaximusPrime2002

Where exactly are you guys getting this? I have it pre-ordered on BBTS, and there it says it'll be about $180 before tax and shipping.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TaurusOxford

TaurusOxford Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 8
  13. NEOLAB

What are the odds of bumbusbee vs showz getting it first? I've had my preorder at showz for ages.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Stryker729

Stryker729 That’s rough, buddy

Counterpoint, a hinged ab crunch can only ever get you like, 45-60 degrees, like we see on this figure. The only way to do a 90+ degree ab crunch without the spaghetti strut approach would be having multiple, segmented layers of abdomen that compress and expand when you manipulate the spine, similar to ThreeZero figures, pictured below.

52C9AEA0-D9B5-47D6-8D92-E3DAFCC7915D.jpeg

This is obviously not within the realm of possibility for the majority of transforming figures (I think MM-01 is the only example I’ve seen), so concealed, extendable spines are absolutely a valid approach for achieving hyper posable abdomens. A lot of hinged crunches break the sculpt of the figure from behind just like “spaghetti struts” anyways so I don’t see how that “isn’t articulation”.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Jazz of Staniz

Jazz of Staniz Dean of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Oh man I’m so pumped for this. His backpack and wings (especially the guns) look a little floppy, to where I question if it’ll be possible to get a good truck flight mode, but literally every other joint looks perfectly sturdy and stable, and it doesn’t seem to be an issue for robot mode.

We definitely won’t be seeing this in western hands by the end of the month, but it looks like it shouldn’t be too long after.

16. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It doesn't help that much of the time that Convoy/Prime dons his gun-strapped supermode backpack he simply decides to bumrush his opponent...with his fists. Savage Claw mode at least makes that tactic a little more understandable, to say the least.

• Like Like x 3
  17. MaximusPrime2002

Damn. That price drop is incredibly tempting. But that shipping time is hard to swallow. A month, at minimum for standard shipping. And it's pretty expensive too. I'd still be saving money over BBTS granted, but I just don't know if it's worth having to wait at least a month after it ships. Especially when it's six times BBTS' standard shipping.

It just feels like a cheat to me. I know that a lot of people like that style of articulation and that's fine. I'm just personally not a fan of it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. poor man

poor man Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why does it matter how much shipping will cost if the combined cost is still significantly lower than bbts? You get 'free' shipping at bbts, but the international shipping to the states is already baked into the cost.

That and bbts is usually pretty slow. You could probably have it shipped from bombusbee via sea freight, and you'll still have it in hand before bbts gets theirs.

• Like Like x 6
  19. MaximusPrime2002

In my experience they're able to get pre-ordered items to me less than 30 to 40 days after payment goes through.

Though you do have a good point. Even with the more expensive shipping option I'd still be saving $40 to $50. I guess it just comes down to that being worth the potential extra wait time. And the more I think about it, the more I feel like it could be.

20. poor man

poor man Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    By slow, I mean they take way longer to get stuff in stock. For example, fanshobby's energon prime has been available on bombusbee for more than a month now, while bbts still has it on preorder.

• Like Like x 7