Transform And Roll Out TR-02 commander of stars (Cybertron Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by xueyue2, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

This design updates Cybertron Optimus so well. A bulky Prime is always nice, but this is sleek AND powerful. What a presence!

• Like Like x 2
  2. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I'll be the first to admit that I'm not all-in for an entire MP collection of UT characters. My wife already thinks my G1 MPs take up too much space. But Prime's my favorite character. I have a Detolf full of just Primes, and I'd someday like an MP version of every Prime.

As for the rest, well, I was 4 in '84. I grew up on G1 Transfomers; it was my absolute favorite show. And I'm super glad that the market has been catering to stuff I like. But I know it's not going to last forever. A lot of collectors are already talking about quitting, that they have most of the characters they want, etc. Meanwhile, Armada is like 16-ish now? People who watched it at the same age I watched G1 are coming into adulthood, theoretically with adult income. If those people are willing to buy MPs of the characters they grew up with after years of me getting MPs of the characters I wanted I can't really complain if the market starts giving it to them.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

THIS. I grew up with Armada and UT, just got into 3P and now have disposable income. I'm down for a UT MP line, stylized, re-imagined combiners etc.
    I was hoping MakeToys would be first, but I'm so down to throw my wallet at options.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

In your face, MakeToys. We would've given you our money instead, but you snooze, you lose.

I'll take three. Armada Mortal Combat colors and Nova Prime repaint, please?

• Like Like x 2
  5. MaximusPrime2002

MaximusPrime2002 Well-Known Member

So how come this hasn't been on the main page yet?

• Like Like x 1
  6. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  7. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal YouTuber (she/they)‍️‍

News Credits:
    This looks awesome. I don't think I need it when I already have the original. But now I kinda want to see a third party do a Cybertron/Galaxy Force Megatron too just for the slight chance that they might finally do that wicked Overlord repaint done by Josh Burcham. Granted, Overlord has since received his own new original figures, both official and third party, but damn he sexy!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 13
  8. Hawkwave

Hawkwave Well-Known Member

I'm in, never watched the show, or really know the character. But I like cool non G1 representation of characters especially when they have a more refined aesthetic over toon toys. This hits all those buttons. I was on the fence about getting the siege version, but with this coming out I've cancelled my pre-order for it. I'd rather pay $150+ for this, than $50 for siege. I can put this on my IDWesque mp autobot shelf and he will fit right in. He can be my head cannon brother to IDW optimus.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    This guy. Dang. I saw it on twitter and I was under the impression it didn’t transform. But I saw some more pics and I’m so in on it. I love the crazy exaggerated proportions. I hope the articulation is wild and the paint is nice. Their jazz certainly wasn’t bad and had some good things going for it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I hope this doesn't cut corners on the materials like Maketoys did with their Galaxy Meteor. The sculpt and overall design already looks better suited to my tastes than Maketoys' version. If this turns out well, I'd love to see Transform & Rollout do their own Starscream (some time after they put out Prime's upgrades and Megatron) that figure was just disappointingly thin and my copy's hips were all messed up out of the box. They also have a better head sculpt on this version of Prime. Then again, it's not hard to improve on Maketoys' faces, so hopefully they try out more Cybertron designs.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    I'm 19 going on 20 myself. I've long since stated that Cybertron is MY G1. My first transformer I ever owned was Armada Megatron, then an Energon Barricade, but Cybertron was when I got into everything, I started /collecting/ with Cybertron (much to my family's dismay haha). I had both the initial and the Galaxy Force branded black repaint of Leader Prime, after all. I love the series to bits and he's my favorite design. I cannot wait for this to drop and spur on a new wave of MP's

• Like Like x 2
  12. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

Maketoys on suicide watch? I don't think Maketoys intend to work on their one any time soon.

If so, Maketoys could wrap up their MTRM line and focus on MTCD.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    I emailed them in February, they said they had no plans to cancel

• Like Like x 4
  14. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dang. Got his name on the toy... Thank you for that btw... Amazing. (Not in a good way.)

• Like Like x 3
  15. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

I really hope that new bumper plate covering his fists in truck mode is optional. Back when the Siege GFOP was revealed someone interpreted the visible hands as it being a fire truck punching you with its bumper-fists and that's just the most metal thing. :rock 

• Like Like x 2
  16. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I missed out on both Armada super prime (but got the deluxe cab version), and Galaxy Force Prime. I skipped out of fatimus prime, no regrets. But now with what TT and 3P coming out and now this! I don't have to spend way north of $200 on either Armada and Galaxy Force primes on evilbay!

That reminds me that I still need to pick up Maketoys galaxy screamer.

18. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    transformersland.com is your friend here. Price for a complete Armada Prime (when in stock) averages 60 to 80 from what I've seen, but regularly dips to much MUCH lower. Cybertron Prime, as well

• Like Like x 1
  19. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Oh yeah they gotta keep that. That’s the best part!

• Like Like x 1
  20. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This kinda just makes me want to track down a cheaper mp screamer somewhere, since I missed out on him and the ko's.... (i mean... must be cheaper than meteor...right?) tho no luck finding any really...

Glad to see 3rd parties bring back stuff from cybertron and armada tho.

• Like Like x 1