Transform and Roll Out Hova (Masterpiece-Style Jazz)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Primeconvoy1, May 27, 2015.

1. Hall Aim

Hall Aim Active Member

I did contemplate between other Jazz option, but i too, see him as the one who has both the toon and real-life aesthetic perfectly balanced.
    I think there are people who does 3D printing for his shoulder canon...not sure abt the price though...

Not sure of even when Takara's gonna come around and make Jazz...even the latest announcement on their MPs list Arcee and Tigatron as their newest MPs.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mixelpix

mixelpix Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    To each their own, but Takara will make me a happy buyer if they go back to this balance with the MP line.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mixelpix

YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    That's a good-lookin' bot! Nice shots.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ArrowHead

ArrowHead Well-Known Member

After months trapped in Shanghai, my Jazz finally arrived. This was my holy grails figure, I've been waiting for a Jazz since I started collecting MPs a long time ago.

I love the alt mode. The only flaw is the shoulder tabs stick out enough underneath enough to inhibit rolling.

Love the robot mode, the reason I chose Meister is because of the "toy" mode with wheels on top and door wings extended. The only flaw here is no shoulder cannon.

However, the process in-between... Transformation is fiddly, parts are light and fragile feeling, and as many have said the shoulders are an absolute nightmare. Those shoulders alone were annoying enough that he's going on the shelf in robot mode, and never being transformed again.

I wanted to love it. And in ways I do. But after that transformation, I am going to consider him a placeholder in my collection until a better Jazz comes along.

• Like Like x 3
  5. mixelpix

YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Yeah, those shoulders are the reason I bought a second copy. I think he's the best Jazz out there, but those shoulder tabs seem like they might not last. Fans Toys' sculpt (Fans Toys Jazz) is looking promising, but if they go with an ultra-toon aesthetic with minimal color detail, I probably won't be on board. I don't remember having an issue with Meister rolling in alt mode, though.

6. ArrowHead

ArrowHead Well-Known Member

On mine out of the box the shoulder tabs stick out underneath just enough to scrape the ground when it rolls. Honestly, it might have been mistransformed or lined up wrong out of the box, but I have no desire to ever transform him back to vehicle to find out. I never want to deal with those shoulders again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ghostfossil

ghostfossil Active Member

I hate this guy so much, threw it against the wall then gave it to kids to mess around with pawpatrol vehicles.
    Go get Fanstoys or MT, or even zeta offering guys, don't waste money here.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mixelpix

YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Oh, no! You threw it against the wall? I hope the wall didn't get hurt. :lol 

9. mixelpix

YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    It's like Takara Tomy noticed that us fans were putting up with fragile 3rd party toys and decided they could give us FRAGILE OFFICIAL ONES (MP-44, MP-47, bad re-issue of MP-13)! What are we paying for?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Impactor666

Impactor666 Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly after being scammed 3 times trying to get him over a period of a year when I finally got him he has definitely filled that gap, I love his car mode but after that transform and those shoulders he will also probably remain in robot mode as if another came along at a realistic price to my budget....

11. mixelpix

YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    What kind of scams?

12. Impactor666

Impactor666 Well-Known Member

The scams where you place an order and it never turns up, they dont have it in the first place, fake tracking numbers, even with reputable sellers I'd used many times before on Ebay. Then they take about 3 months to get your money back because Ebay make you wait the entire delivery time from China when its blatantly obvious you have been scammed because the seller has closed shop and done a runner.
    Honestly after 3 attempts and a year later I'd given up on getting Jazz at all I can laugh about it now thankfully

• Like Like x 1
  13. mixelpix

YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Yeah, that is NOT cool.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mixelpix

YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I've bought multiple times from Robotoybase.com. Have you tried them? My PayPal won't work on their site, but I email the guy, Tony, with my list of stuff on the site, and he puts an invoice into PayPal.

I've gotten a lot of good stuff from there.

15. Autobahn Jazz

Autobahn Jazz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I shiver to think of how expensive the Has-Tak version will be, if we get one. Especially with the rumor that the Porsche license is steep. Has-Tak will want to earn that money back. For now I am happy we have options. I got Downbeat, G2 Downbeat (Maestro), the Ricochet repaint, and Hova. I am ecstatic that FansToys is making a Jazz. I can't wait to see the production model for that if I live long enough to see it, ha ha. Those FT releases take for-ev-errr (Sandlot reference).

16. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

Well, I have Zeta Jazzy and I really do like him. However his transformation is problematic. But I'm really curious about TNR Hova, so I picked one up on eBay for $90 brand new. I'll compare the 2 and sell off the one I like least. Hell I might just keep both, one for robot mode and one for Alt. mode. But Hova looks really good.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  17. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    Wow, who did you buy from. That's almost double the price for him.

18. nemesisconvoy

Not from what I've seen...all the online stores are sold out and all the listings on eBay are over seas and $70+shipping. The one I found was a brand new listing inside the U.S. soo I jumped on it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. impossiball

impossiball Well-Known Member

TnR nails the alt mode big time

• Like Like x 1
  20. nemesisconvoy

I see that, but its not soo much the alt mode that worries me, its the size of the chest in robot mode. I'm hoping that its exaggerated in pics, but we'll see. In the end I may take the head from Hova and put it on Jazzy.

• Like Like x 1