#TransfomersReboot

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tfreboot, Jul 11, 2014.

1. random dude

random dude Well-Known Member

Well that's such a broad definition even Pixar movies meet that description. Characters growing up and learning to give up on the things they hold most dear (Toy Story 3) characters realizing that no matter how hard you work at something even if you put twice the effort of everyone else sometimes you're just not cut out to live out your dreams (Monsters University) Accepting the death of someone you love (Up)

2. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

Stop spamming. Is that the only way you know how to deal with opposing viewpoints? By trying to make them disappear and getting the thread locked? That's flat out asinine. Not to mention immature.

That's... Not accurate at all.

If you're going by villain's plans, then;

Monsters Inc.: To kidnap all human children and torture them (maybe to death) to power a city of monsters.

Incredibles: To mentally torture and murder a man (and potentially his family, including children), and become a famous superhero by setting off an MWD in a populated city and pretending to stop it.

So... Yeah. Besides, that's been Megatron's plan in children's programming since 1984. And the premise really goes more like this;

In a Spielbergian scenario, a human family discovers an adorable yellow robot, which gets them involved in a resource war waged in secret on the planet Earth. The combatants? Alien robots, hiding here as everyday cars and trucks.

Sounds WAY more like a Pixar family movie than fodder for Michael Bay's hyper violent post-9/11 revenge fantasies.

:lol 

Pixar is anything but "idealist". It's films, no matter how fantastical, are steeped in realist themes, characters, and philosophies.

And I'll take that over the Transformers juvenilely detached quasi-nihilist absolutism, that promotes nothing short of disgusting views about the world.

3. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sure.

As long as Bay's still involved.

4. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

Reboot please.

Hell, they could just scratch the last three turds and make a proper sequel to the 07 movie and I'm good.

5. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

I... kind of don't get this. I really don't see what the first one has that the other films don't. In my opinion, everything wrong with the sequels is also wrong with the first movie, (though, Optimus wasn't a bloodlust killer yet now that I think about it. Is that it?)

6. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

I want to direct a Transformers trilogy one day, one day...

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    It does the human viewpoint correctly.

8. TrailbreakerADK

TrailbreakerADK Defense Strategist

First movie had the whimsical, Spielberg-esc "boy and his X" thing going on that made it fun to watch. That magic was not present in the subsequent films.

9. slochmoeller

But... All I can remember is Shia being an annoying spaz, racist humor, Sam's mom talking about Masturbation, and the US military being jaw droppingly, lethally incompetant. (Let's hide the Allspark in a city full of civilians!!!)

I know I'm being snarky, but I honestly like you to expand on that point. Because the fact that you had an answer to my question intrigues me, but I'm not seeing it.

10. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

The 07 movie created the Bayverse universe and established the rules.

Everything afterwards contradicted the first film and at times the sequels themselves. From character representations to storyline. The sequels are a complete mess that (somehow) diminish the 07 flick by association.

11. slochmoeller

Meh. On this point I disagree. That's what all the press said, and you can see the movie trying for that, but I don't think it comes across. The one moment that really tries for this is Sam giving Mikala a ride home, and Bumblebee trying to nudge them together. But Bumblebee's efforts are hackneyed and over done, and Shia just spazes and freaks out, babbling nonsense a mile a minute as he does. I really don't see him forming a bond with Bumblebee. And the other moment, when he sees what Bumblebee really is, just sets the stage for yet another Masturbation joke.

In this case, I don't think it's something the film accomplished. I think it's more that everyone saw interviews where the writers say that's what they were going for, you can see them going for it, so you just accept that that's what happened. I feel the first film bungled this though.

12. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

What rules? The first one is still a nonsensical, bloated mess.

13. TrailbreakerADK

TrailbreakerADK Defense Strategist

To me, despite the charm I thought it had, the first film felt like it was still in a "beta" phase of development, if you want to use software as an analogy. In many aspects, it felt experimental.

You would think Revenge of the Fallen and later films would iron out the kinks, but instead it was even more bloated and incoherent.

14. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

The cancellation of Tron: Uprising, Spectacular Spider-man, and Young Justice has left me bitter. Internet petitions do NOTHING.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Maybe a sequel to the first half of the film, but after Prime dies the movie just turns into a mess I'd rather not revisit.

Although what's sad is that the live action films have spent millions and millions on special effect but when it comes to which fight I'd rather watch I'll take the battle for Autobot City. No stupid human super weapon out of nowhere to take down the Constructicons the animated movie knew Dinobots vs Constructicons would be cooler.

16. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

yes let's reboot and have the last scene as optimus blasting off into space threatening the creators themselves...ya, that'll go over real well.

just calm down...transformers will be inevitably rebooted after tf7.

17. TheYearIs2005

TheYearIs2005 Well-Known Member

People are free to voice there opinions bad or good, but have some respect for the users on this forum.

Told to go away etc is pretty harsh. The person came on here politely.

As much as I would like a reboot, money wins.

18. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

That will never happen greatness is a matter of opinion. If and when the current movies are rebooted or another director chosen some might think the movie is great, others will think it sucks. It will be no different then the way it is now. I and others like the current movies and others don't.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    They really don't.

20. tokuformers

tokuformers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a good reboot (keeping the idea of ​​finding the creators) with another director, screenwriter and producer (depending on the chosen), makes the same money or even more.

exchanging director, screenwriter and producer (depending on the chosen) for TF6 can also do the same or even more money.

less human.
    more focus on transformers.
    more time for pre production, production and post production.
    More budget.
    more respect for the fans.
    more respect for the franchise

worse than the previous films can hardly leave.