Transfomers Live Action Movies 10th Anniversary Celebration

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Jun 28, 2017.

1. CrimsonMagnus

CrimsonMagnus Well-Known Member

My favorites are probably
    optimus vs shockwave as just seeing optimus fly in slashing everything, then doing a somersault while making his fists "brass knuckles" and killing shockwave seemed so badass.
    Optimus vs megs vs sentinel. Seeing megs vs prime was alright in movies before but throwing another prime into the mix just seemed too much. When megs comes in and saves optimus and was just like "who would you be w/o me, prime?" To which he responds "time to find out" and kicks megatron's ass literally singlehandedly (because ya know...one arm) and then take out sentinel. Just... oh man.
    Optimus vs the fallen, megs, and ol' 'screamer.
    This one really threw me for a loop because here, 10 year old me thought prime was done for after the forest battle, and then boom, hes back, better than ever, and was all, "lets roll!" Before blasting off. Then of course we later get "THWARTH-THCREAM!" and "give me your face"

2. Morphius Productions

Morphius Productions Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Whilst it may be short, I\'d definitely put the Prime versus Bee fight up there with the top battles in the live action movies. The cinematography in the scene is beautiful and watching it in IMAX 3D is something I\'ll never forget. The ending, whilst it doesn\'t really make sense and is a bit of a \'Martha\' moment, was completely unexpected but so perfect at the same time. My only two gripes with this fight are the length of it and the switching over to Cade and Lennox nearly drowning (that just ruined the flow and intensity of it).

3. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    "Class dismissed."

You said it. It was pretty badass watching Ironhide and Sideswipe beat the shit out of the Decepticons.

4. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Heres my 2 cent:
    1. Mission city battle
    2. Bonecrusher vs optimus prime
    3. Shanghai
    4. Forest battle
    5. King Arthur battle
    Honorable mention: sentinel vs megatron vs optimus.

5. Sponge Mario

Sponge Mario I'm not happy

10 years? Man, time just seems to fly...

I was 10 years old when the 1st movie came out. I only recently discovered Transformers at that time after seeing an add for the movie on the back of a comic book. Then my mom bought me Deluxe Barricade, one of my first TF toys ever. Then the big day came. July 3rd. My family went to the drive-in (yes, a drive-in theater that still operates to this day), and my life was never the same. This movie was incredible. I got hooked on Transformers. Then a few months after, I rented the \'86 movie from my local video store, and I was exposed to G1. Then came Animated, which I wached countless times at my friends house.

I just rewatched the 1st movie to prep myself up for The Last Knight. I honestly forgot how good it realy was. It\'s far from perfect, though, with too much focus on the humans, shaky camera during bits of the action, and some pretty cringe-worthy humor (a masterbation joke? Seriously?), but it makes up for it wuth a pretty decent story, some of the best CG effects out there, and an amazing soundtrack. I almost got teary-eyed during the Arival to Earth scene. That piece remains one of my absolute favorites. Of course, I love the sequels just as much (yes, I\'m not ashamed to admit I kinda liked ROTF), but the 1st one kind of had this magical charm to it. It\'s hard to even explain. Plus the movies have done so much for the brand. It got the general public invested in Transformers, the toys sold like hot-cakes, and it ushered in a new generation of fans like myself.

Say what you will about the movies, I won\'t stop loving them. If it wasn\'t for this movie, I probably wouldn\'t be here talking about Transformers. So thank you Michael Bay, for changing my life, as well as others. Here\'s hoping that this series continues for another 10 years!

• Like Like x 2
  6. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 Banned

Happy annivesary to one of the most overrated and boring action movies this side of Independence Day and the movie that begun Transformers\'s Dork Age. The only good TF film was the 1986 animated movie.

• Like Like x 3
  7. GoldenKnight1212

GoldenKnight1212 Well-Known Member

I can't believe it's been 10 years since this movie was released, it's got a special place in my heart and I've never stopped loving it, it has so many great moments. I haven't even watched TLK yet.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Red Samurai Ninja

Red Samurai Ninja Nemesis Prime I

I've enjoyed the first film on DVD When I was 21, I borrowed PC game from my cousin for install the game on my laptop. I enjoyed playing a video game on my PC problem the bug testing in last mission. I never get angry it was my cousin brought a disc from the shop.

9. LEGOprime

LEGOprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd have to say my top 5 favorites of the action sequences in these movies are

1.) factory rescue/forest battle
    2.) mission city battle
    3.) Shanghai battle
    4.) highway chase/standoff
    5.) Hong Kong battle (Optimus vs. Grimlock, Bee and Hound vs. KSI drones, Dinobot charge, Lockdown using the Knight Ship to suck up the city)

Honorable mentions:
    Optimus vs. Bonecrusher, Egypt battle (including Optimus vs. The Fallen and Megatron), Barricade vs. Bumblebee (plus Sam vs. Frenzy), KSI raid/Optimus vs. Galvatron/Lockdown captures Optimus, AOE drone ship chase

10. Movie Convoy

Movie Convoy Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I love the Transformers Cinematic Universe. I've seen all of the films that are currently on Blu-Ray and DVD several times and fully enjoyed each viewing. I've seen The Last Knight only once in theaters in IMAX 3D and loved it. I can't wait to see all future installments of the Transformers Cinematic Universe. In contrast, it's hard for me to enjoy any aspect of the Sunbow Marvel G1 Cartoon continuity because of the entire continuity being way too cartoony with no sense of realism whatsoever with very shoddy writing and animation in every single episode.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. EmceeDel

EmceeDel Well-Known Member

Favorite action movie of the 2000s. Admittedly, I didn't like it when I first saw it in theaters but after rewatching it so many times, it is a really fun movie that gave me some of my favorite memories with Transformers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I like the toys we got. I like the excitement and interest and buzz before each film. I liked that Transformers has well and truely left obscurity behind and is mainstream enough to be celebrated on a larger scale.

As much as the Bay movies stink, their grander repercussions and the changes to the landscape of the brand are probably my favourite aspect. They brought in new fans, old fans, and broadened the scope of the franchise.

• Like Like x 8
  13. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Great list SilverOptimus!

14. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unbelievable that it's been 10 years since the first film. That movie made me a TF fan and the Bayverse has provided me with lots of enjoyment over the past decade. There's just something bout the franchise that I'm attached to and I've remained fiercely loyal to it even in the midst of some epic rotten tomato beatdowns.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  15. I Am James

I Am James Emirate Xaaron

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    View attachment 27757064
    Ten years ago today Transformers was released in theaters nation-wide. This was the film that, alongside the original cartoon and the toys, was what sparked my love for the franchise for over ten years now. To celebrate the film's tenth anniversary I decided to create a colored pencil art piece evoking the original posters to celebrate it. This took over two weeks of nearly non-stop work after I got out of school for the summer and completed it only a few hours ago. While I had known about the franchise for a short time prior to this film's release (I got my first figure, Cybertron Vector Prime, for Christmas in 2006, when I was only 6), this is what shaped my life to be the way it is today (along wih Lego and comic books).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  16. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Warp Core

10 Years already...

• Like Like x 1
  17. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sums up my feelings as well. So much so, that I'm actually wary of a future where that routine injection of funds and visibility for the franchise no longer happens. (We seem to be reaching the end of record box office takes for the films, definitely.)

I was never a fan of these movies. And I did try. I tried very, very hard. Even going back years later and re-watching to give them another chance. At the end of the day, they simply don't resonate with me, nor represent what I want in a TF cinematic universe, tonally, characterization wise, or narratively.

But, they've made Transformers RELEVANT to the mainstream again, something no animated series or toys had truly done since the 1980s. And the massive influx of funding, attention, and toy sales - as well as the new toy designs, despite not personally being a fan - strengthened the health of the franchise in previously unimaginable ways. So much so, that now we are really spoiled for choice imho.

I hope they will reboot the films. Chiefly, because this formula is probably nearing the end of its massive profitability. And secondly, because depending on what they do, I might actually enjoy them this time around! :p 

All in all, very glad these films exist. For the enjoyment of those who love them, and the overarching health of the franchise and all its toy lines.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 2
  19. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Amazing article,still would like to see a top 5 hero and villain one.

20. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Waiting for the article from TFW that discusses the current box office decline and the impending cancellation of the cinematic universe and eventual reboot.

• Like Like x 4