Transfomers Live Action Movies 10th Anniversary Celebration

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Jun 28, 2017.

1. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    The 2007 Movie made me a fan again of all transformers. Though primarily I like the Movie Toys, I do appreciate and collect the Toys from other lines. The Movies put so much money into Hasbro and TakaraTomy that they had to make more toys to fill demand. And now we have so many toys to choose from that we are spoiled. it is also good to see a younger generation of kids growing up with these new transformers characters and toys.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was a fan of Transformers. Then "Transformers" became this. I'm not a fan of this. Now with the poor box office performance of TLK, it seems the popular culture at large isn't a fan of this anymore, either. So what does that mean for "Transformers"?

The brand went supernova in 2007, burning brighter financially than it had ever done before. Now it's cooled, and a decade later "Transformers" to the culture at large is synonymous with loud, stupid, style over substance, spectacle. The supernova is dead, and the black hole is forming...

2018 will be the 10th anniversary of the MCU, and to think what Marvel Studios was able to accomplish in a decade versus what Paramount and Hasbro did just makes me sad.

Transformers: 1984 - 2017. RIP

• Like Like x 3
  3. journey2madness

journey2madness Member

Very good article. Can\'t believe it is 10 years old though!

The movie is my favourite of the 5 made over the past 10 years. I don\'t remember exactly when but it was around the time we were getting decent X-Men and Spider-Man live action films where seeing those really made me want to see how Transformers would play in \"real life\" and for me, it delivered as I got exactly what I wanted! 

The first teaser trailer of the \"failed\" Mars Rover mission got me hyped immediately and all we saw was a silhouette. Must have watched that 100\'s of times in the build up the first poper trailer release!

As noted SFX were outstanding as well, the level of detail was incredible. So many wonderfully looking moments through out. For example; Prime\'s (and the other Autobot\'s) introduction the close up transformation sequence was amazing but that scene\'s greatness was two fold, because it was friggin\' Optimus Prime on the big screen!! I also thought Starscreams transformation during the Mission City battle sequece where he jumped, transformed and took off midair in one smooth sequence was amazing too. I could list more with bit more thought but these 2 jump to my mind.

Going to watch it again tonight, skip all the teenage coming of age rubbish, so that is 30 minutes of my even used!

4. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

You mean the climactic battle they spent most of cutting away to Sam running around for?

\"Schizophrenic, incomprehensible shaky cam blobs of CGI and explosions.\" Fixed that for ya.

• Like Like x 2
  5. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Where does Shia vs the shirtless drunk guy in Vancouver Canada rank?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I find the forest battle to be best one. There is no shaky cam present and you're actually rooting for Optimus to win since the Decepticons are putting up a real fight.

The Mission City battle of the first film is a close second as I'm a sucker for cheap one-liners and references.

• Like Like x 3
  7. LEGOprime

LEGOprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You mean Sam vs. Frenzy? ;) 

8. Jormad

Jormad Active Member

To be honest, I don't think these movies are very good. In fact, I dislike the majority of them. However, I owe a ton to these films. They got me into Transformers, which is now my favorite franchise. Plus, it brought me some of my favorite characters, like Dino, Barricade, and Cogman. Anyways, I'm glad these movies came out. They aren't very good, but they're important to me.

9. LEGOprime

LEGOprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, to think that I was just going from kindergarten to first grade when the 2007 movie came out. The first Transformers movie I'd ever seen was the original 1986 G1 movie, and that will always be my favorite one. Out of the live action films though, I would say my favorite is the 2007 movie, followed by AOE, DOTM, then ROTF, and finally TLK (please don't get me started on this... also I'd like to note that I really liked the first hour of the movie, but as soon as Cade and Bee left for London, it really fell apart for nearly the rest of the movie, save a few bits). The journey to each movie has been awesome and I'm still excited for what's to come with the main line movies (and even the spinoffs, but mostly toy-wise :D ), even after my disappointment with The Last Knight. Well, I've grown a bit since the start and things have definitely changed, but I gotta admit, as bad as these movies may be (I love em for the most part; they're guilty pleasures for me lol), they've actually played a huge part in my love for the Transformers franchise as a whole. Just please stop hiking the prices up for the toys!! :mad: :mad: :mad:  Also we need toys of more characters in the movies and I'd really like the first trilogy toy packaging style back, as well as the overall quality of those toys :D :D 

10. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Well...I don't agree with the vast majority of points made here but gotta say it's nice to see someone with genuine enthusiasm for this. Thumbs up.

11. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Been fan of transformers all my life it was good feeling to see people who were never liked transformers liked transformers from new movies and to see transformers movies which I like is watching generation one cartoon series all over again autobots wearing stupid alien masks in Hollywood movie, powerglide riding carousel horse and it does not break with him sitting on it, hound jumping in water to save drowning spike hound which had to wear under water mask an alien robot can breath in space need scuba mask, and humans can't breath under water or in space can breath on cybertron with no problem and cybertron have gravity, grimlock became smart to make computron and danial looking for ultra Magnus father to give him birthday who ends up getting trouble being saved by autobots,.

If I met someone who is getting into transformers for first time and want to know what transformers is like I tell those people watch live action movie series and animated transformers movie after they watch movies they can decide watch cartoon series for comedy moments.,

If there that many problems in animated movie in video there will be twice as much more in generation one cartoon series

12. MastaBlasta

MastaBlasta Knight Industries Two Thousand

You realize CinemaSins is super nit-picky, and most of the sins in the videos are jokes/gags? Not saying that's bad, but no way can you use that video to show the things wrong with G1.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Read the article to make sure forest battle was #1, was not disappointed.

If anything I might not have rated the Lockdown battle so highly. It just didn't have that epic feel for me. Maybe it's the way the human characters shouting clashed with the score. But that's just me. Another great article Sol, looking forward to the others.

14. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Optimus vs Megatron wasn't really much of a fight since most of it was offscreen. More focus was on Sam, Lennox vs Blackout, and Starscream vs the Air Force. The latter two were really cool, though. And Sam killing Megs with the AllSpark was genuinely something I didn't see coming and was floored by. So I mean, maybe the sequence can't be called Optimus vs Megatron, just some cool stuff going on with Optimus vs Megatron as the backdrop?

My top 5 fights:

1. Forest Fight - Only thing I might nitpick is that all three Decepticons are silver, but I mean it does help you tell them apart from Optimus. But again, it is a nitpick. Maybe if Grindor was more blue, Starscream was more brown, or something, I dunno, after seeing the fanart of an Animated recreation, I wish the Cons had some more color, but it's okay, it's otherwise fantastic.

2. Battle of Chicago - The war to end all Autobot and Decepticon wars. Barricade killing Que, the Wreckers fighting Devcon, the big charge for the Pillar with NEST and the Autobots behind them, Sentinel vs the Autobots, Megatron ripping Sentinel to shreds, Optimus saying "fuck that" to letting Megs live any longer, Carly telling off Megs, Sam killing Dylan. Just wow. So much great action, literally everything was on the table. And there wasn't an overwhelming military presence so when those Tomahawk missiles came I was legit rooting for them. Having only a few dozen fighters vs the entire army of Decepticons really felt good. The only downside is the Driller, which was a big waste of CGI and money.

3. Highway Chase/Mexican standoff - The Dreads felt legitimately menacing and were just animals coming for the Autobots. Stealth Force was used pretty nicely, and of course Ironhide and Sideswipe getting their own action scene was rad. Oh and the score was just impeccable for this scene. It felt epic but also bittersweet since at the time it appeared to be one of the last battles we'd get.

4. Dinobot Charge - So much credit for this scene has to go to Hound, who basically faces the Decepticon army by himself. The big guy throws literally everything he has at the Decepticons even after running out of ammo. Hound throwing his hat at that Decepticon then using his belt to smack another was amazing. Easily the highlight of the sequence. I wish we'd gotten a scene where he ran up a wall to lure a Con in, then let go and used his fat ass to crush a Con. :lol  But then of course, the Dinobots charging to the city was rad, and they utterly annihilated the Cannon fodder in their way. Loved it.

5. Optimus vs Bonecrusher - You really feel the destructive might of Bonecrusher in how he just nonchalantly burns and crashes through civilians, and it's awesome to see Optimus personally fend off one of the fiercest Cons. The way they crash and jump around the freeway is crazy. And of course Bonecrusher's signature claw arm is wicked.

15. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That video says it all IMO. Very well done.
    Obviously at this point the fandom needs to agree to disagree.

16. transf0

transf0 “Well Connected” The GOAT

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Great write-up. Perfectly encapsulates the wonder of Transformers.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TwitchingFool0

TwitchingFool0 Well-Known Member

Forest Battle blew my mind! It was like watching a Godzilla movie. I just wish I could've experienced it in theaters (I was in the hospital for a few weeks).

Dinobot Charge was just pure devastation and crazy fun moments. Hound is probably my favorite Autobot in the movieverse. He really made that scene. Plus Optimus letting his frustrations out was nice. Its what I was waiting for, for the entire movie.

DOTM had my favorite action sequence in the franchise. I find myself watching it over and over again on youtube and on DVD. "Its our fight!" Blasting during the final battle was just pure hype.

The first movie's best fight (IMO) was Optimus vs Bonecrusher. That was a fun fight and it started the final battle and was very intense to watch.

I haven't seen TLK but while it was short, Optimus vs Infernocus was such a happy moment. Optimus is BACK!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Forest Battle
    2. Dinobot Charge
    3. Battle for Chicago (The final section that starts with Prime vs Shockwave)
    4. DOTM Dread chase/standoff
    5. Shanghai battle

*honorable mention to Bee vs Rampage

19. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sure, I'll play

5. End of DOTM- I don't like all of it but there are so many great things going on with the driller, Shockwave and everything else. Honestly i think DOTM is the best of the series.

4. Chernobyl in DOTM. It's over too fast, but the thrill I get when the driller bursts through that roof next to Optimus is huge.

3. ROTF chase with Sideways, the bike sisters and the wheel bot. Honestly I'd love a whole movie set up more like Mad Max with some sort of a drawn out road chase where a lot of the bots can fight and roll at the same time. I'm a big fan of Sideswipe and the Arcee twins. The designs were so cool/interesting.

2. Freeway/Standoff from DOTM- the other truly great fight scene from the series. There are plenty others I like, but these were the real show stoppers.

1. Factory/Forest from ROTF- yes they change locations, but it all plays like one big battle/chase sequence. This is the best in the series, IMHO. I think it was helped because of prime's impending death. Bay usually flies through these in to big a hurry, I suspect that because it was leading to Prime's death he drew it out more.

Honorable mentions to:
    -end of end of ROTF (especially the Bumblebee, Rampage fight)
    -Bonecrusher freeway battle (fantastic, but criminally short)
    -KSI raid leading up to Lockdown taking Prime

Not sure if the new movie had any mentionable ones or not. It was really, really incomprehensible.

20. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    1. Forest Fight. You guys know what up.
    2. Storming KSI. Barely a battle, I know, but hear me out. Seeing the Autobots team up was awesome. Drift and Bumblebee, despite their rivalry, working in perfect unison was great. And I loved the little moment with Crosshairs using Hound as a leap pad. Just so much good character stuff in it. 
    3. DOTM Dread chase. I love the Dreads, what can I say?
    4. Dinobot charge. Scorn body slamming those dudes, snatching one up, and throwing them into the air so Grimlock could catch it in his maw was the coolest part of that whole movie.
    5. Optimus vs Sentinel. Sentinel\'s speech during it was so hype. Nimoy delievered the lines perfectly. \"We were gods once, all of us, but here there can only be one!\" He says while cutting off Prime\'s arm and dragging him along the ground through his blade. Jesus.