Transfomers Live Action Movies 10th Anniversary Celebration

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Jun 28, 2017.

1. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's to two years of fun, and eight years on constant disappointment.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dark times for the franchise right now, but happy 10th to the Bayverse.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  3. Jazzmustlive123

Jazzmustlive123 jazz died thinking he's the coolest

It's weird how time flies by isn't it?

• Like Like x 3
  4. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

So glad you're comfortable being "that guy" coming in being the downer. You don't like it? Hey more power to ya, we do and we like a space to share that. I mean not like its difficult finding a topic to do that in.

• Like Like x 4
  5. autobotlongarm

autobotlongarm Pretty Active

A happy 10 years to something that actually made my childhood enjoyable and entertaining and a 6 years to Need for Speed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Excellent write-up, Sol Fury. Takes me back to my first time seeing it. None of the sequels have ever held up the same for me as the 2007 movie, whether in story or tone, and I'll always love the first one despite its flaws.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Soundslave

Soundslave Tears of pleasure, tears of pain

News Credits:
    10 painful years.

• Like Like x 4
  8. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    It made me start collecting. In that regard, God damn it, Michael Bay. I'd have so much more money!

• Like Like x 3
  9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Well-Known Member

I was thinking this too, although I wonder if John Rogers' script played a role as well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Must be getting somewhat close to when I first saw the film and became a Transformers fan. I don't remember exactly when that was but I saw the film in theaters, so probably between now and the year's end.

11. The Smirker

The Smirker I Hate Sam Darnold

Without Micheal Bay's explosions and giant cg scrapheaps being 5 years old, I wouldn't even be interested in transformers to begin with.

• Like Like x 1
  12. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Man, do I have the feels or what?! The first live action TF movie in 2007 really brings back wonderful memories for me. Particularly the scene of all the Autobots gathering to meet Sam and Mikela for the first time. That is THE stand-out nerd moment for me. Fangisms tingling every-time I remember that awesome scene.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
  13. TyrantLizardKing

TyrantLizardKing Lord of all Terrible Lizards

Can\'t believe it\'s been ten whole years since this film along with the Cybertron show dragged me into this wild fandom. So many fond memories of being hopelessly obsessed with the Legends class toys (got most of them intact still!), and here I am now a decade later with a growing CHUG collection. For better or worse, thank you Bay for bringing Transformers into my life and filling me with so many years of thrills and laughter. Here\'s hoping we finally get a good film with the Bee movie next year.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Sol Fury: 'Let's have a thread to celebrate 10 years of the TF movies'

Some angry folks: (kick in door) "OH NO YOU DON'T"

----

I loved #1, enjoyed 2 and 3 despite some issues, struggled a bit in AOE, and am somewhat wary of seeing TLK in the next week or so. But I'm pretty convinced that the new toys, figures, shows, comics, and most of all *fans* the movies have helped bring about are worth celebrating even to those who didn't like the movies.

• Like Like x 4
  15. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime!

Ebay:
    I was there 10 years ago in that theater in Providence at BotCon 2007 and I gotta say, there was something special about watching the movie with so many other excited fans. I still get goosebumps remembering the excitement I felt. Regardless of how I feel about the current direction of the movie franchise, that's still a special memory for me.

• Like Like x 2
  16. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Looking for a Camaro to get rid of godawful VW Bug
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wow. 10 years I've been in the fandom. Feeling old now. I was 6 when I first saw the 2007 film. I didn't know what I was gonna walk into during that time as I usually stuck to animated movies back then (cause you're a kid). But as I left that theater, little did I know that I would be sucked into this fandom. I still remember the hype I have felt as ROTF, DOTM, AOE and TLK slowly trickled in. If it wasn't for Michael Bay, I wouln't be in the fandom today. Hell I won't be hanging out in this forum and spending most of my money on buying these figures. Here's to more years of the Movieverse, one of the few continuities I enjoy next to Prime/RID (that's why the Unicron route in TLK was a plus in my book). I hope Hasbro still decides to push through with the TCU despite TLK's low numbers. Really looking forward to the future of this franchise. As Michael Bay said, "Let them hate...".

• Like Like x 1
  17. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 F.T.C

News Credits:
    Beautifully crafted article. Could not have come at a better time (where I had begun to doubt the future of the movieverse). No matter how twisted the movieverse canon and ideas becomes, I'll always love the first movie for introducing me to the Transformers franchise. Even though it was only recently that I began searching hardcore for the heart and soul in Transformers, people do come around.

The movieverse draws people in to find their favorite iteration of the Transformers IP and what the brand represents to them. Even if some fans only scratch their way to Transformers through the movieverse, I still applaud them for finding solidarity with the Transformers brand regardless.

I'm so very glad there are fragments in the movieverse, albeit small, that I can still point to (like Prime's speech about humanity, and Sentinel Prime and Optimus Prime's exchange in Africa) and say "those are the gentle giants I grew up admiring".

• Like Like x 2
  18. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

Aww man, nostalgia lol. Since others are sharing their experience I’ll go ahead. XP

Ok so I was in high school in 07 (Gosh some of you are saying you were 3 or 9 way to make me feel like an old lady) I remember seeing the first trailer (The one with the Mars mission) and thinking it was something like Bionicle and going “Psh…stupid” Saw the real trailer a few months later and went ‘ok that looks cool’ Funny enough I wasn’t planning on seeing it, my family had all gone to see Fantastic Four 2 without me , and I was a little upset like “Not cool guys I wanted to go’ So in order to make it up to me they went ‘Hey we’ll take you to see Transformers which is coming out soon’ I was like ‘meh fine’

Little did I know this would become my favorite franchise of all time. I remember Loving Optimus Prime, being amazed at the transformation scenes, being absolutely blown away by the Arrival to Earth scene (It’s still my favorite scene of any film) I remember the movie ending and us all turning to each other and saying “That was awesome!” with huge grins. While leaving the theater my brother in law (Who grew up with G1) said “Yeah BumbleBee used to be a beetle.” And I went “Used to?” He then told me about the show…which I had no idea existed. I had no idea Optimus Prime, BumbleBee, etc… were all pre-existing characters. I only thought they were toys. (Yes I’m an idiot XD) I went home, binged watched G1 and every other series and fell in love and soon learned TFA was coming out and watched that as it aired.

The 07 film is still my favorite film of all time; I get a stupid grin on my face every time I see it. I am sad the road the films took after it but the first one still makes me smile. I knew nothing about these characters and completely fell head over heels for them, wanting to know more. I think the music is emotional and beautiful; a lot of shots were breathtaking, and the film was just plain awesome. :bay 

Yall gonna make me cry here! ;3;

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  19. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    I was a Transformers fan before the Movies came out, and yet The Movies brought me back into the world of Giant Alien Robots in Action. I was only 13 years old when I saw the first movie & I shall rewatch it on 7/7/17.

Well Done.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    3 years old, 13 years old, high school age... I was 32 years old, folks. A fan since the very beginning... who never imagined his favorite cartoon and toys from childhood would one day become a big-screen, live-action phenomenon... and certainly not that it would be good.

My favorite memory from that time was the toyline. It's beyond belief now, but Bumblebee toys were hard to find in 2007--people kept buying them! The Concept Camaro Bumblebee was a coveted figure, the centerpiece of the collection, IF you could find one. The toyline sold so well, Hasbro had to throw a bunch of Cybertron toys into the line to help keep up with demand. When's the last time that happened?!

The film itself... that first scene, when Blackout transforms... it is chilling. I felt the soldiers' terror. I just went through a full rewatch before Last Knight opened and that scene remains one of my favorites of the series. Somehow it looks more real than other scenes, like there's no CG work there at all.

Bay may have lost his way with the subsequent films, but he was at the peak of his powers with this one. Whether his staying on for the next four was good or bad, I'll always be grateful to him for 2007.

• Like Like x 6