Transfomers G1 Unofficial

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by hotwhilz, Feb 8, 2017.

1. hotwhilz

hotwhilz Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hello fellow Transformers afficianados. I am not sure if most of us are aware of this magnificent project called "Transfomers G1 Unofficial". This is in a nutshell a continuation of Transformers G1 after TF: Rebirth. The webisodes creator brilliantly reuse all of the footage from G1 contintuity plus the Japan exclusive TF: Headmasters, with a much more arc storytelling than the japanese storylines. Please check it out and support if you can and spread the word. Check out the links below and see for yourself. Thanks a lot, and surely we will all appreciate it!

First announcment:

Link to the episodes:
    Fanatic Films - Transformers G1 Fan-made Cartoon

Crowdfunding and latest update:

• Like Like x 5
  2. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it is indeed a LOT of work, hope he gets enough help as my boy and I really have enjoyed these eps

3. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Wrong section. Belongs in GD.

4. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I stumbled onto one of these videos the other day and don't see a Kickstarter working out for them. The two major reasons are that it's wholesale appropriating copyrighted footage and that footage looked like it came off a 4th generation SLP tape.

I used to edit video back in the dark ages of 16-bit Windows so I'm not up to date on current tools. Is splicing existing footage harder now? Really, my preference was new animation but if this is hard don't even think about that.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  5. Rob

Rob Fanatic Films Supporter: Optimus Prime reborn!!!

News Credits:
    I hate to resurrect this zombie thread, but;

1. What happened to these, they are great? I want more
    2. How are more G1 cartoon fans not aware of this?

6. Zarius

Zarius Well-Known Member

The project was reactivated around 2022, they completed "Pretender to the Throne" and began uploading a new serial, "Heart of Darkness", they also opened a patreon

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Rob

News Credits:
    No shit? That's great news!

I was just talking about, in the MPG10/MP60 Masterpiece Super Ginrai thread how they should take MPs and turn it into PMOP themed G1 episodes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zarius

Zarius Well-Known Member

Awesome idea, it's a little weird, but with a lot more benefit-of-hindsight, this would have been an ideal way for Hasbro to save money by recycling the animation but adapting footage they would licence out to Japan. Could have conquered the same market Power Rangers got when adapting Sentai footage.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rob

News Credits:
    Yeah I think so, but at the time I imagine it would have required a decent amount of effort to get it to work. Today though, with the accessibility of editing software, it is clearly possible.

Regardong rmcorporating Masterforce, you could make it where there are only rogue Decepticon criminals and gangsters left fighting. All the others could have reintegrated back into cybertron society at large. This way you could explain the small number of Autobots on earth. The Autobots are more of a police force tracking Overlord and ultimately Black Zarak. Human Ginrai and co. could still actively be in it, but as a EDC liason with Prime and the other Autobots.

The scenes with Ginrai can be used AND you can honor the character as he can serve as Hi-Q and still have a PMOP. Kind of a win win.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rob

News Credits:
    Hey as the conversation happened organically I threw a link to this thread in the MP60 chat.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zarius

Zarius Well-Known Member

Alright! Great idea, get a few extra pair of eyes on the project. They also regularly update their Youtube community page.

I was in contact with them a couple of months ago, I was doing some promotion for them on other forums and they asked if I could be a consultant for their scripts, they even let me take a crack at script-editing, adding in some dialogue and conceptual ideas, but I don't know if they kept any changes I made afterwards. I'm trying to get back in touch with them today to check.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rob

News Credits:
    That's really cool!! I wish I had the bandwidth. The best I could do was offer $5 a month and talk about it.

Oh and change my signature :)  .

• Like Like x 1
  13. Zarius

Zarius Well-Known Member

Their work is so good, I wanted to mimic it with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I managed a 15-minute episode with all the voice work developed through Elevenlabs rather than a full cast. I couldn't upload it to Youtube, it kept blocking it, so I settled on my Spoutible account (basically a wish version of Twitter/X)

Stewart Little on Spoutible

• Like Like x 2
  14. Zarius

Zarius Well-Known Member

A new episode streams today at 3:30PMPST/6:30EST/10:30GMT

• Like Like x 1
  15. comicstar100

comicstar100 Well-Known Member

Man this was awesome. Loved seeing the super god masterforce footage. Spike being used as Optimus's upgrade was a fun idea. That Starscream voice is perfect.

16. Zarius

Zarius Well-Known Member

Fanatic Films over on FE.org claimed in April 2023 that G.I Joe ARAH line co-creator Kirk Bozigian was helping out with their plan to pitch this G1 Continuation to Hasbro. I wonder if anything came of that?

• Like Like x 1
  17. moonDUST

moonDUST Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Kudos for the voice acting and vocal processing. It really captures the g1 feel. Love the attention to detail with different modulation for Decepticons And Autobots! And Starscream really sounds like his early g1 counterpart.

I do feel the background music selection and editing needs more work. You need more score changes to reflect the mood in the conversations and not just play out the score without any editing. I rescored the original g1 movie with the cartoon score a little while ago. You can hear it here. And you can also hopefully hear what I mean.
    . If you guys need help tweaking the score for your project, let me know!

Last edited: May 20, 2024
    • Like Like x 3