Transfans in their 30s

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Drake_78, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Deviant Anomaly

Deviant Anomaly Obsotted Fangirl

I will turn 30 on February 16th. Where has the time gone? :lol 

An older cousin introduced me to Transformers in the '80s. Whenever I was staying at his house, we would spend hours playing with the various figures he owned. I remember Optimus, Soundwave and the Dinobots were well-liked. Unfortunately my family believed it was inappropriate for girls to have "boys toys", so that was all the more exposure I had. As I grew older, TFs became merely a childhood memory. Until I saw the movie last year. Now my interest has been rekindled and I'm old enough to buy my own toys. :) 

My small collection thus far is mainly movie figures. Recently I've been looking into some older pieces from Alternators and Classics though. There is so much out there that it gets to be overwhelming at times. So I'm taking it slow. My favorite characters are Bumblebee and Optimus Prime.

2. Cloudraker

Cloudraker on auto-pilot

I am 31 and I whole heartedly agree. Only add G1 scorponok and Metroplex.

This thread brings up another question. How will Transformers progress once all of us "original fans" pass away? Hmm.

3. Shipley

Shipley extremely online

News Credits:
    I'm 28, but I can't see this going away in the next 2 years..

It seemed impossible to think Transformers might last that long when I was a kid, but now its possible.
    As long as young kids are brought in to enjoy Transformers, it'll never go away.

4. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

I am going on 31 this year. I doubt I will ever stop loving Transformers. I loved G1 as a kid and RID brought me back but it was when I finally watched Beast Wars that I was certified nuts over the bots again.

5. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Early 30s. I collect what I like which usually means it's based on a G1 character and it doesn't look like crap. I like what they did with Classics and some of the Titaniums but the MPs are king in my book.

6. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    It will only die if there stop being fans. Most of us are going to live at least 20 to 30 more years, which is plenty of time to infec-I mean gain new fans for the franchise. 30 is not anywhere close to 'deaths door'.

--Moony

7. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

I'm 31 until March heh, I collect of course G1 and the cool bots (for me) from the modern versions

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm 34 and had told myself I was done after Classics ended. Then came the movie and I told myself I was done after I got the bots I wanted, now Classics 2.0 comes out in the Fall.......:banghead: :lol 

I'm gonna be SOOOOOOO broke.

9. BadJeff

BadJeff Bite my shiny metal ass!

Rolling the odometer to 33 in a few weeks. Love the G1 cartoons but not the figures, don't care for RID/BW/BM at all, collect just about everything Energon and newer with Alt's and Masterpieces as the favorites. Stoked about new classics and Animated toys and always love them lil' Robot Heroes.

10. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I'll be 32 in June, but I am OK because I drink Ensure and take make Centrum vitamins daily. I will be collecting in my 50's, gobbling up all your collections when they are cheap again. Maybe..... every year I say I'll stop collecting and don't.

11. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I am 32, married, with a 7-year-old son and still a great Transfan, Street Fighter gamer and comic reader!

12. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

I'll be 32 next Wednesday. I was a fan from the MTMTE through to season four. Kinda lost interest after that. It was enforced a little bit by my father who told me no more toys for birthdays or x-mas after 14. In a symbolic effort to gain my father's approval, I threw out all of my toys (Transformers, G.I.Joes, Starriors, Centurions, Thundercats all went into a big box into the garbage truck).

I never really got into anything after that (not knowing about the Japanese g-1 stuff that I still haven't seen) until I saw RID Prime and Magnus and the awesomeness of Omega Prime. Then I met BT Hound, and that was it. BT Jazz and Grimlock followed, and it all went downhill. I collect mainly BT/Kissplay/Alt, MP, and anything that can kinda fit in with that (my own custom/stand-in MP minibot collection is growing, as is the number of Decepticons). I also collect Classics, will go on with Universe, and have a select G-1 collection (Primes and Megatrons, Soundwave and Blaster and company, Dinobots/WST dinobots). I've also got the Real Gears and some select movie toys.

I'm a G1 boy, but don't hold anything against any of the other generations. I love that Transformers history spans so many generations. The only Transformers cartoon I've really been able to watch other than G1, and I loved it, was Beast Machines. I need to watch all of Beast Wars, but I know I won't like it as much as its successor.

My favorite characters: Optimus Prime. Always was a hero to me as a kid, and still is to me as an adult and father.

Hound, Mirage, Sideswipe, Trailbreaker, Prowl, Sunstreaker, the Dinobots, Skyfire/Jetfire, Wheeljack and Hot Rod round out my favorite Autobots.

Shockwave, Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Rumble (blue/cartoon), Megatron and Starscream round out the 'Cons.

I've already started a collection for my son (he's almost two). I have a complete (minus Devastator) Classics collection for him MISB in storage, but I'm thinking I might sell 'em and collect the Animated line for him instead. It'll be better for him to play with figures from a cartoon that he can watch and reenact stuff from the show. It also means that when he's finally old enough to get them, I'll get to play with a crapload of transformers I've never played with before! :D 

13. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I'm 30, grew up with G1 then gave them all away when I was in highschool. I wish I hadn't done that now. When the first re-issue of Prime popped up at TRU I was hooked again, but my collecting really increased over the last 2 years or so.

G1 Soundwave and the cassettes are my all time favorites, but I am amazed how awesome CC Bumblebee is. I can't wait for more classics and the next movie.

14. Cloudraker

Cloudraker on auto-pilot

Its just weird to think of a time when there will be fans who weren't actually there from the beginning.

Think of all the great inside stuff that has gone on in the years that will be lost to the next generations. i.e. Orson and the dreamwave debacle.(not to bring up sore points but important nonetheless.)

15. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

34 in May, collect anything that really strikes me as cool, don't follow any of the animated universes but just like the toys. Last TF show I actively watched was G1 back in the day. Got a huge Optimus collection and all the Alternators to boot. Plus I collect DC Animated stuff and Batman in general. I've got toys all over the house, to my wife's chagrin.

16. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm 32 and collect anything that looks good. Its gotta look good in both robot and alt modes. Theres still nothing like g1!

17. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    I'll be 30 Feb. 28th.

I collect Masterpiece, Classics, Binaltechs, Encore, and TFC. Pretty much any G1 reissue.

My favorite G1 characters were Starscream, Prime, and Megatron. In that order.

18. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I gave all mine away also, but to my nephew. I figured I'd grow out of it. VERY STUPID! now I divide what little money I have between transformers and kicks. Now my son and daughter share my love for transformers.

19. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    Oh...calling for 30s?? Checking in...
    well... I am not going to slow down collecting... In general my favorites are TF with cars/trunks /vehicles alternated mode and particularly in Deluxe (and/or voyager) size.
    I have been trying hard to turn off Legend size... so I 'd continue to do that...

btw, I am continuing to smuggle new guys into my collection so my wife will be hardly able to notice. (although she may know it already since when I started taking picture for one or two of them... at night).

Within a year, I 'd have to buy/make/ some sort of case that can hang my stuff at the wall so that 'd make sure no little kid will be able to touch them...

20. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey all! Im 30 too, with 21 years experience!:wtf: :lolol