Transfandom complaints_ which do you hate?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by 2003 Megatron, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Extendarr

Extendarr Well-Known Member

I say we should all just forget our differences, band together and use our energy to fight off the real threat: Bronies. ;) 

2. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

...(Looks at the Rarity figure in my hands) Uhhhhhhhh......:eek: 

3. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Complaints about Cost of 1st Party products from the same people who can seemingly rationalize anything done by the 3rd party.

4. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 Wily Old Buzzard

...or we could just learn to coexist?

5. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    People coexisting? On the internet?

[​IMG]

6. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 Wily Old Buzzard

Well, a guy can dream, can't he?

7. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Yes but why not dream of something more feasible... like building your own Star Saber.

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Don't have to, Takara is already making one for me

9. H.E.X.-BRAVE

H.E.X.-BRAVE Well-Known Member

how about some random idiot saying the japanese should stop making transformers, in toys, anime, manga & games in general because they look shit to him despite they only made them to suit their own country's demographics & will never try to release it outside their country?

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Then a good counter would be to point out that about a third of every robot in modern Japanese fiction is technically a transformer.

11. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

In my day, complaints have been (I'm paraphrasing)
    -we don't get the remaining Seekers when Classics first started
    -Michael Bay doing unsavory things to our child hoods
    -so and so isn't in the right scale
    -Armada toys are bricks
    -we can't find Unicron
    -Movie designs are ugly
    -we hate Miko (I don't really, this is the general consensus)
    -Truck not Monkey (I actually don't care, it's Optimus, and I liked Beast Wars)
    -why are there so many Bumblebee's
    -when are we getting so and so? (Thundercracker, Skids, Bludgeon, Wheeljack,)
    -Megatron is NERF colored (Classics version only)
    -RIB FIR/RIR FIB
    Of all the ones I see, it's usually the excessive Bay bashing that gets old (before it was the Seeker one, but they got released) and here's a idea, why not wait until the movie is out before we slam it?

12. Laserbot

Laserbot Ask-Dr-KnockOut

News Credits:
    You have no idea how hard I am laughing right now at reading this thread... Who needs to watch Transformers for entertainment... the fandom is more entertaining by itself. jk jk

man you guys are sassier then Starscream. <3

;) 

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Complaining is something that manchildren do. Can't be helped, and cup is always half empty.

14. Duskscream

Duskscream Well-Known Member

THIS telling the japanese to stop making merchandise for there own dam franchise is beyound stupitity

15. Blazere

Blazere :)

News Credits:
    I hate people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining,
    about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining,
    about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining,

16. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    My beefs are when fans:

1) Assert their opinion as *fact*. i.e. "It's a well-known fact that line X sucks", or "everyone agrees Y sucks", "It objectively sucks" etc.

2) When it crosses from opinion on a thing(s) to attacks on other fans: "you'd have to be an idiot to like X", "only morons like Y", " all fans of Z are immature kids", etc.

3) When people try to spur on or start real attempts to destroy what they don't like. Rooting for Hasbro to go out of business, etc.

We all need to remember in our posts that A) pretty much every opinion is subjective. Whatever you love the most, there are thousands of fellow fans who hate it. Whatever you hate, there are thousands who love it. And B) once you start insulting, even if you thinly-veil it, you've turned discussion into fighting.

17. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
    I agree with your very well put opinion, Goaliebot.

18. NeverDoubt

NeverDoubt Well-Known Member

Insulting people is always the wrong way to go. But I really don't mind that much when people state their opinion as fact. We all know it's their opinion. There's no need to make it clear every time. And while opinions are subjective, there is such a thing as an informed opinion and uninformed opinion.

19. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    As, thanks man! :) 

Yes and no... I agree no one needs to qualify "UGH, BeastWars sucks!" in their posts with "the above is the opinion of the author..." etc, but I'm talking about real "No, Y sucks is FACT" type posts. I've been there for so many around here...

And yes there are informed and uninformed opinions, but the terms are often abused. When someone posts "I love show Y" and gets responses of "Well that's your uninformed opinion dude. My informed opinion is that show Y sucks" then it's been turned into just another thinly-veiled insult over subjective opinion.

20. NeverDoubt

NeverDoubt Well-Known Member

I'm right there with you. The concept of the informed opinion is real but whether everyone who says they have it actually does is up for grabs. :tongue:  Such is life.