Transfandom complaints_ which do you hate?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by 2003 Megatron, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

You guys are a trip. I guess that's why I generally like to stay outta these threads because nothing good comes from them but whatever. I just see all the bay formers ain't TF shit and that bugs me.

2. Aluinashryu

Aluinashryu Decepticon

When a complainer complains about people criticising whatever the complainer likes. I suggest they go off and create a forum of like-minded blind-worshippers so they can wax endlessly about whatever they like being perfect, and protect their ego from being dented by the idea that something they like could EVER POSSIBLY be flawed.

...or they could just accept the idea and make this forum a better place for discussion :) 

3. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I'll rebuttal with this:

Bayformers is simply a way to identify. I also use Aniformers for Animated, Beastformers for beast mode guys, shellformers, etc. it's just a quick way to identify. I use Bayformers all the time, and I have quite the Bayformers collection, so clearly it's not something I dislike.

I partially agree with the overuse of acronyms and stuff. Some work because they're easy to remember, or easy to say. CHUG. you can't deny it's easy to say and thus becomes its own word in a way. (read that last statement in Wheelie's voice)

but yeah sometimes i'm like...what episode are you referring to?

Some things should never get the acronym treatment, because it ignores the fact that acronyms should be for things that everyone gets... that's what makes them catch on. "The Burden Hardest to Bear", or "TBHTB" doesn't make me reference the episode. it makes me think someone's giving a raspberry.... pblpblpblpblplb....

4. Slimshadow457

Slimshadow457 Well-Known Member

People who keep coming to a thread to bash something... It was my first time buying the FP Bruticus re issue earlier this year, and me and a bunch of people were getting hyped when some guys kept coming back to justify their hatred for the recolor, and to pretty much call all of us idiots... Needless to say I love my FP Bruticus regardless, but still...

5. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I use "___formers" all the time, but I hesitate to use "Bayformers". I think mostly since certain people tried using it condescendingly, as if they weren't "real" Transformers.

6. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is the first time I hear about anyone giving eithera positive or negative meaning to the word 'Bayformers', to be honest. It's just a faster way to say 'the Michael Bay Transformers movies', and we all know how much we hate typing! :lol 

Seriously, if you think it has a negative connotation it probably comes from whatever else a person is writing in his posts, not this word by itself. :) 

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I apologize for what I am about to say in case it offends anyone, i do not mean to offend any one and this is not aimed at any one specifically.

I loathe when people get anal about having to have their figures in scale with one another its a fool's hope, you can come close but it will always elude your grasp. so just relax and enjoy the figures.

8. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Lol, can't help if some people are in denial, deeply.

9. NeverDoubt

NeverDoubt Well-Known Member

I admit I've used Bayformers in the negative, implying they aren't really the same as other Transformers. And I admit I don't particularly want to stop, heh, so I suppose I can't really complain if other people use the Geewunner term. Don't dish it if you can't take it, right?

10. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Worthless replies:
    People who post to troll, derail the topic, post a link but have nothing to add themselves, or complain about the thread they are posting in.

If you not going to add to the discussion please don't post.

and scale/sizes. By Primus! When has anything in transformers ever had proper size.

11. NeverDoubt

NeverDoubt Well-Known Member

Yeah it's like being able to hear the space battles in Star Wars or Star Trek. It's just not even worth pointing out at this point.

12. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:

do....people worry about that?

13. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I hate when "fans" who love the brand but hate the product that created it whine about radical departures that didn't make it to production and then have the gall to act like the old fans who actually liked the original concept are the ones infringing on "their" territory.

You don't like G1? Fine, go create your own toy line and stop trying to ruin ours.

14. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    makes our fandom look a tad less crazy, doesn't it?

15. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Geez louise, so many rustled jimmies and so much butthurt over the opinion's of faceless strangers. This thread is great.

16. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 Wily Old Buzzard

I know right?

17. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

I don't know.. if one guy has a rustled jimmy and another guy is butthurt it sounds to me like they were getting along just fine :lol 

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Yup.

I say Bayformers, and I like the movies.

19. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    I agree, I think the hate for toys like Generations Megatron is unnecessary. I think he's a great figure. It's funny that he's getting the hate, but people are fine with the retooled Dreadwing. I haven't seen any scale complaints about him.

20. ISleepNow

ISleepNow Detrimental Robot

recycled threads