Transart Toys BWM-08 Transmetal Blackarachnia

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by williammmw, Jul 26, 2022.

1. williammmw

williammmw MuderPrimus

News Credits:
    Actually it can, as I mentioned, no parts forming required. The reason I chose not to is because the magnetic strength is very weak and falls easily and secondly, I do not want to risk scratching and chipping the beautiful paint

• Like Like x 1
  2. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, I didn't even know this is out. I missed this review.

1. A quick introduction to the character and a look at the box art.
    2. A quick look at what's inside the box. First is the spider head. Gives us a brief look at the design and paint, as well as the moving parts on the head.
    3. Then the spider shell for the character. It's very nicely painted. He also shows how to separate the 2 halves of the abdomen. There are hooks inside, and you have to pull them apart vertically, and not horizontally. The two "spikes" attached to the abdomen part are a little tight, so also be careful of that.
    4. The spider legs, he says there are 2 types of legs in there. One has this circular thing around the leg, while the other doesn't. It's hard to describe. You'll see when he installs the legs. He also recommends doing a quick workout on the legs to loosen them a little. No need to apply shock oil or blow dryer, just a quick bend and flex will do. They're ratcheted.
    5. It comes with a base. One for robot mode, and another for beast mode.
    6. The plastic packaging has an extra protective layer for the paint. The figure is beautifully painted. Probably TA's best paint job yet. However, there's one problem. Her magnetized bra doesn't hold very well. That's why he would rather take off the bra during transformation. He says his shoulders were also a little tight out of the box. Might want to adjust them with a screwdriver.
    7. He shows the proper way to install the legs. If you look at it, you might be able to see what I mean earlier about some circular thing around the leg. As long as it's installed properly, everything will be fine. The legs are very sturdy.
    8. He goes over the articulation. He also makes a special mention of how the shoulder pads should move during transformation. It's a little hard to understand without seeing it in action, but he says to follow the ball joint. And again, the bra doesn't hold very well so he removed it to show off the rest of the articulation. He raves about the paint several times throughout the articulation segment. The thigh section he shows off is part of the transformation, and he says if you're having problems with it, it's probably due to the thighs not being properly pushed back into that weird joint. The feet are diecast. Finally, he shows how to install the spider head.
    9. The three nets you see are something a friend made for him. It's not part of the figure. It even works with the stand. He also shows off where to plug in the stand adaptor and the rest of the spider carapace on the figure.
    10. For transformation, he's once again removing the bra and the spider backpack mainly because the backpack makes it hard to film some of the parts, not because you can't transform it with it on. Make sure you look at how he rotates the shoulder pad and how he works the joint in the thighs.
    11. The beast mode also looks great. You can use the joint to adjust how long you want the arms extended. The spider legs are well toleranced and can hold the weight of the figure.
    12. He raves about the paint again.
    13. He wants to make use of the special spider web his friend sent him, but he says he's not good at posing and photography, so he apologizes for not being able to make them look good.
    14. He thinks out of all the TA figures, this is the best. Whether it's the joint tolerance to the sculpted details, it's top notch. His biggest criticism is engineering. It's not very well engineered for the sake of accuracy. He rather have accuracy, but that's just his opinion.

Will probably edit it later for spelling and grammar.

• Like Like x 6
  3. gergzerg

gergzerg Member

I just noticed one of my spider legs has a crack at the ball joint area . You think ShowZstore will let us order replacement legs?

• Like Like x 3
  4. DominiksGeekyLife

DominiksGeekyLife Broke with expensive taste

Instagram:
    I'm tempted to by it. Are there any actual breakage issues with this figure, or it is it just people being heavy handed and installing the legs improperly?

5. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    Yes

• Like Like x 2
  6. Zodiac1968340

Zodiac1968340 Beast Wars fan

News Credits:
    Mine is on the way, I wonder if breaking and cracking still happen if you heat the joints and legs.

7. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I don't usually get these kinds of things, but my girlfriend got it for me for my birthday.
    I like it well enough.

The good:
    • Quite a nice representation of the character.
    • Colors and paint are striking.
    • Size is perfect.
    • Articulation is decent once you get over some of the tolerances.

A few things I take issue with:
    • Some of the tolerances are annoyingly tight, with the squeaky shoulders being worrisome.
    • The magnet strength on the absolutely unnecessarily removable chest piece is crazy weak.
    • No wrist swivels is a travesty.
    Overall, I'm glad she got it for me.

20230324_074020.jpg 20230324_074219.jpg 20230324_074411.jpg 20230324_074521.jpg 20230324_074911.jpg 20230324_075042.jpg

• Like Like x 23
  8. Sonic Eclipse

Sonic Eclipse Maximal

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Goddamn is she photogenic.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Yeah, honestly, say what you want about the various issues of the toy, it sounds like it deserves it. And I'm not even a fan of the model in the first place, I actually think TM II Blackarachnia is one of my least favourite models from the show.

But these pictures pop. The stoy absolutely looks great.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Architects

Architects Well-Known Member

Looks pretty good. I'd honestly second guess myself on some of these TransArt releases if they weren't so reasonably priced. I think a couple more bucks and I would probably pass on most of them. Shame the booby magnet is not strong and also shame about these joints. That's something TransArt struggles on. I have the same issue with Rattrap. I jammed some plastic on his ball joints because when I first got him his joints were so tight and had the same squeaky noise. After a day of literally just posing him a few times, they were loose. Hopefully not the case for this one but you never know. There's usually a different issue with each release. The more I look at this the more I wonder why there's no wrist joints, but whatever. Should be getting mine within the next few days. Pretty excited to see what they come up with next and what drawbacks the next few have, haha.

I do worry about their TM2 releases because Beast Wars had a pattern of Season 1: transformation cheating and somewhat different from toy model; Season 2: almost 1:1 with toy models so they were pretty accurate; Season 3: we are now back to cheating with the proportions and designs. Regardless of QC and nitpicks, I'm surely going to be picking these up because they are just the only ones doing it with this level of style.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Spider mode is good, though the butt doesn't hold together without using the stand if the chest armor is in place.
    20230324_111158.jpg 20230324_111455.jpg 20230324_111026.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  12. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Chinese review that I summarized raved about the paint several times. I didn't even mention them all.

13. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Blackarachnia! Maximize!"
    20230324_182219.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  14. Sonic Eclipse

Sonic Eclipse Maximal

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    • Like Like x 4
  15. ElekTriC

News Credits:
    little note:

when transforming turn her waist around. there is room for the chest plate

so i transformed her normally without the chest plate. and before i closed the underside i push everything down. then put on the chest plate and it sits flush.

still use at own risk

• Like Like x 6
  16. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    does the chest plate need to come off, or could it just be glued on?

• Like Like x 1
  17. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Wound up with a broken spider leg. The joint in the middle was pretty much fused in place. Snapped rather than move. Other 7 legs were fine

• Like Like x 1
  18. protohuman

protohuman Primus was a pander

Two of mine broke. One at the hinge the other at the ball socket.

19. ElekTriC

News Credits:
    In theory you can. But there is a possibilty you scratch it in beastmode.

20. Sonic Eclipse

Sonic Eclipse Maximal

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    None of mine would bend at the hinge, I stopped trying when the plastic started flexing. I applied some silicone spray and got them to move.

Every joint on mine was hard to move without fear of breaking it. So I had to dab a little spray on them.

20230324_202113.jpg

I'm also surprised nobody has mentioned that she doesn't have any actual chrome paint, only metallic.

• Like Like x 5