TRANSART BWM-06 Transmetal Beast Wars Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by williammmw, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Dinotrap

Dinotrap BEAST WARS FOREVER!

News Credits:
    Preorders up on Show Z, they say late December. No price yet

• Like Like x 5
  2. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic When a spark goes online, there is great joy...

I feel like they're going to miss that date then run into CNY lol.

They rushed Cheetor out before CNY last year and that figure is very good but it could've used a bit more time in the oven IMO. Specifically in terms of paint and tolerances.

• Like Like x 3
  3. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm pretty sure someone else on the forums already made 3d files for the maces or they were attachments for the current maces. Might be in the skateboard monkey thread.

• Like Like x 4
  4. synchronii

synchronii Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. Preordered!

What do we reckon on price? I know size won't be the only factor, but if their OpOp is $143 and he's 2 cm shorter then should we expect around the $160 mark for Megatron? Plus I think it was said that he has around 200 parts, so it doesn't sound like he's a simple piece either, but then I don't know what a standard number of parts would be.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Yin and Yang

Awesome!!! I hope he comes with his rubber ducky and the tail weapon has the attachment for holding the golden disk as well

• Like Like x 1
  6. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

The promo image says Q2 2022 though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

i wouldn't mind seeing a armada repaint of it since it was the one i grew up with but i doubt they would do that

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

How did I miss this? TM1 Megs is an all time favorite, and I can only hope that they make him even better.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    I have no attachment to this but I would buy a repaint based on it. The colors look great!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

soooo... just a KO oversize Knockoff from the Toyworld's Beast General mini legend size BW Megatron?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Architects

Architects Well-Known Member

First off, that thing was absolutely terrible. Second off, no. It's not even close. They don't even look remotely the same aside being based off the same character. Unless this is an inside joke that all the TransArt Transmetals were OSKO's because people think that's what they are since the show models follow the toys so closely because they were designed at the same time then yeah.

• Like Like x 16
  12. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

How do you mean? Did TA copy parts of the engineering? Just looking at the head alone, there is no way its a toyworld upscale.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Architects

One thing I noticed while zooming in on the prototype pics is that you *might* be able to pose the shoulder pads which is one thing I feel like he needs for some animation accurate poses with him scratching his chin and whatnot. Man I cannot be more excited for this thing. Their other offerings are great, and I obviously bought them, but I find some things lacking with them. Cheetor's backpack is a bit flimsy and could have used better tabbing in and his forearms/hands are a bit weird as well. I feel like the elbow and wrist joints could have been done differently or better. Primal's hands are a bit meh, but they are much better than I imagined from his images/reviews online. Main gripe I think I have is the holster for his gun/thruster is a bit weak and falls out at the slightest tap. Wish it was more like a fold-out nub you could plug in to make it firmer.

I guess my only grips with TransArts is that they seem to want to avoid firm tabbing on these figures and I can't figure out why. Their paint/chrome jobs are incredible though.

Ravage I don't have any real comment on besides another friction/tabbing issue with his hands just popping off. I wish they had a set of poseable hands that stayed in firmer than the others. Other than that, he's perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DoodlebugPress

DoodlebugPress Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    To be fair, the render was JUST shown off, so you're not that much out of the loop.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

Engineering... well i guess we'll know once its out but yes i thought it looked similar... so what the head is different? DNA Design Susanoo took 100% of ROTF Bludgeon engineering and simply remolded a much better version of Bludgeon... thought this could've been similar.. i dunno...

I know it wasnt the best... but still i thought it did looked similar (based on the little we've seen so far)... specially that part on the side hip which holds the tail... dont matter they dont really look the same... we've seen it often before that KO Knockoffs were remolded better and more details (like i mention above with Susanoo). TA could've taken TW and upscaled it and gave it better mold, better articulations better details with same-ish engineering... wouldnt surprise me.

i was just curious... :) 

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    I do enjoy this game.
    6FBB64FB-39E3-4037-A4AA-FE6F0E7D9C75.jpeg
    We can safely assume that, due to the simplicity of the Transmetals, most figures are going to be very show accurate and also very similar in approach.

Let’s look at the differences from TA
    Starting at the top:
    - Completely original head
    - No visible hinge at the collar so head transforms differently
    - T-Rex arms fully articulated, comprised of 5 parts instead of 1.
    - Shoulder pauldrons have different details. Spine pieces are on opposite sides
    - Upper body proportions are larger
    - Chest folds at both sides and has a hinge at the waist- presumably to open and store the arms and/or head.
    - Arms: much tidier double joints
    Forearms and hands are completely different- articulated fingers
    - Waist has two panels allwoing for waist rotation and to turn the tail-connector.
    - Tail connector is different
    - Crotch piece very different shaping and texturing
    - Completely different hip joints- ratcheted for sure
    - Unique thighs
    - Lower leg is also a completely different design; doesn’t split down the middle, different detailing and functional looking piston piece when using ‘skate mode’
    - Wider, more detailed feet with ankle tilt articulation.
    - Arm doesn’t appear to slot into Tail weapon (the only negative I have.)

There’s a much stronger case for them having upscaled the original figure as this is way more similar to that but, I don’t think that’s their process.
    I’d say they were just looking at both previous TM Megatrons for guidance along with show references and working in their own ideas and refinements while designing this in whatever 3D programme they use.

I don’t class any of that as KO’ing or upscaling. They’re making larger, more detailed and accurately proportioned versions of these characters and using the original figures as templates for those designs.
    There’s really very little re-engineering required with any of the characters they’ve tackled so far as the originals got it right and the show hardly changed anything from toy to show-model (unlike with S1) which is why it makes perfect sense to have them transform similarly. If it ain’t broke…
    Once we get to Rattrap, we should see more of their originality and problem solving come into play.

• Like Like x 13
  17. DoodlebugPress

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This comes up every. single. time.

TransArt's Transmutate, TM Primal, TM Cheetor and now TM Megatron are all 100% new sculpts, new molds and new engineering. Yes, they used the original toys as a template and copied most of the transformation (due to the OG toys being fairly screen accurate to begin with), but they're not upscaled KOs, or taken from other 3rd party figures.

I would assume this misconception comes up because TransArt DID start with making knockoffs with minor changes (their first mini OpOp, and the TM2 Megatron they had in the works), but then again people were adamant that MP Tigatron was a upscale retool of MP Cheetor.

• Like Like x 8
  18. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    I think it predominantly comes up because people don’t look at the figures for more than two seconds before jumping to conclusions.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Architects

Hope they change those knees. The width on their version is throwing me off.

• Like Like x 2
  20. DoodlebugPress

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This isn't really specific to Megatron, but I wish we'd start getting an extra face of either in pain, surprised or wincing, something along those lines. Makes posing options more fun (I really want to pose MP Dinobot beating on Megatron with the rock stick, and a surprised Megatron face would really sell that). Hey Transart, if you're listening, I'd buy an accessory pack of extra faces/heads.

• Like Like x 3