TRANSART BWM-06 Transmetal Beast Wars Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by williammmw, Sep 30, 2021.

1. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hope that tail head is easily removable so I can design a disk holder for my golden disks.

dinomegs.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  2. williammmw

williammmw MuderPrimus

News Credits:
    Many people requested for OS but currently they are sticking with the original toy scale and the upcoming Transmetal 2 Megatron will be in the same scale as well. They are unsure if there will be any MP scale in future but definitely not for now for TM2
    Nope
    Many people did suggested this as well but it will bring the cost higher. TA mentioned the parts count on this is over 200
    TA is mostly focusing in Transmetal BW for now
    Not likely at the moment as the current transparent decision on the reissue is based on the survey n suggestion they received. I'm glad that I gotten the 1st release

• Like Like x 5
  3. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

So TM2 are in their own scale and regular transmetals are MP scale? That's such a weird decision to be pushing out two completely different scales. Any idea as to why they are doing this? Is it mostly about keeping their figures all within a similar price margin?

4. Architects

Architects Well-Known Member

Just a shot in the dark, but they might not want to start down the road of overbloated sizes because they really did get out of control after Transmetal. I'm not entirely sure but that's just my thought.

• Like Like x 1
  5. protohuman

protohuman Save the whales

I think it's because a lot for us are looking for an original TM2 Meg and OpOp in decent condition to play with. This till give us something decent to buy instead of a old flaked out pile while holding us over more TM MPs can be fleshed out?
    I don't exactly play with my trans art TMs as every time I appreciate them I am too amazed to add finger prints/scratches.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DoodlebugPress

DoodlebugPress Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I always felt that TransArt toys's faces were slightly "off" but hot DAMN they nailed this. Preordering at the speed of light here.

They got everything I could have asked for a MP TM Megatron. Full articulated T-rex arms! This may be their best one yet, can't wait to see it chromed.

Makes it all the more strange with that small OpOp. But glad to see they're still working in MP scale, and hopefully they'll make a proper MP scale OpOp.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I feel like they nailed Transmutate and Ravage, personally. Primal and Cheetor kinda have... weird faces to begin with? Primal especially.

I feel like Cheetor's face is fine, but the constant smile is a bit annoying. Primal's face in the cartoon was just kinda weird. Just a bit too... ape-like... to translate to toy form nicely.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Smartbill

Smartbill Active Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. DoodlebugPress

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Totally fine with a fake mouse head. It's a large head in beast mode and tiny as shoulderpads, not to mention it'll make a show accurate backpack easier to do. Here's hoping for Depth Charge or Tarantulas next! (I was hoping that JiangXing would make TM2 Dinobot and Rampage since they're better at sculpting organics... but other than re-releasing their TM2 Megs they seem to be dead in the water)

• Like Like x 4
  10. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Even more, it means it would be easier to add articulation into the beast head!

• Like Like x 3
  11. DoodlebugPress

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    There appears to be a connector on the top of the hands, I imagine that's to give a more solid hold on the tail gun. Hopefully the tail is really light, and no die cast in the arms to weigh it down.

• Like Like x 3
  12. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Where'd you get those beautiful disks?

That's upsetting (ب_ب)

13. CryptiniteDemon

Ebay:
    I designed them and had a bunch manufactured earlier this year.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    They finally got me; this is going to be my first 3P purchase. Took a while, but mostly because Beast Wars needed some time to grow in the scene and other than the stuff from Transart or a few others, most 3P BW-inspired figures that I’ve seen are either Legends-scale, heavily stylized designs or both. Not really my cup of tea.

I have been keeping an eye on Transart's releases though, Skateboard Gorilla was very much tempting as I’m a big fan of the original toy, but I ultimately passed because I just like said toy better, especially the headsculpts. Cartoon Transmetal Optimus Primal just looks a little bit weird. Transmetal Cheetor and Ravage are also great, but I don’t need either at that scale in my collection.

But Transmetal Megatron, that's the stuff. That’s the one design I always wanted to see being made with a collector audience in mind. I had the original toy since I was a kid, love it to this day, and when I started collecting as an adult it was the first piece I pulled out of storage. And then followed the rewatch of Beast Wars, or rather my first time seeing Seasons 2 & 3 as they never aired around here back in the day, and what can I say: They are excellent. And Transmetal Megatron is a big reason for that, when the show was dropping bombs on its viewers, chances are good he was throwing them. Or at least laughing manically as they flew by him. His OG body may be the most iconic and recognizable, but if we're talking Beast Wars Megatron at his absolute best, then it's his Transmetal design that comes to my mind.

And well, this looks fantastic. 100% what I always wanted. Plus, given what I have seen of Transart so far, I’m sure the final piece won’t disappoint in-hand. Thumbs up, I'm in. Transmetal Tarantulas is next on my list.

Also, Transart, if you ever wanted more money from me, just saying... Skateboard Gorilla in Apelinq colors, with toy-inspired headsculpts, please?

• Like Like x 8
  15. CryptiniteDemon

Ebay:
    I'm excited to see how the paint comes out. The metallic blue on Skateboard Monkey was amazing looking.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Zi Shan

Zi Shan Well-Known Member

Both of you stop talking about this, it is making me restless. Come on Trans Art , hurry up.

HOW ABOUT RAMPAGE!!!

Pure Transmetal goodness. I will feel like a kid again!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

That reminds me, anyone have issues with the beautiful chrome getting scuffed into a blurry messed that can happen to chrome plastic? That's actually the only thing really holding me back from the TM line. They are beautiful, but I worry they'll fade one day.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Yes. And strangely enough, that one would also have a potentially awesome Botcon repaint opportunity: Shokaract.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

Id you are planning to design a disc holder, would you consider designing better maces or mace handles for skateboard gorilla? Thicker handles that split open for turret mode?

• Like Like x 1
  20. DoodlebugPress

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Honestly, I think clip on attachments at the end for the split barrels would do fine.

• Like Like x 2